Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 755. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 250
Bancor
CAn i purchase BitcoinDark after the ICO & still recieve Komodo at the specified rate?

WHat is the deadline for the swap?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

Whats up with the komodoplatform website?
It says im banned from the site.
Is that just me, or anyone else having the same issue?

Are you still having problems? No one else has reported any such problems to us.

Yeah I am.
Both desktop and mobile.
Weird. .
No issues on your end?

No. Wait a while and then retry. Polycryptoblog said the same thing had happened to him.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

Are you still having problems? No one else has reported any such problems to us.

Yeah I am.
Both desktop and mobile.
Weird. .
No issues on your end?
Activity: 383
Merit: 252

I have had that issue before,  it sometimes stems from connection reset errors.   It worked for me trying after waiting some time.
Set Your Ideas Free
Hello,

i want to host a komodo notary node like discribed on github. I decided to ask my questions here,because maybe someone else is looking for these informations:

- As far as i understood, komodo notary nodes will "mine" komodo coins by pushing the transactions into BTC blockchain. Is this true?
- It is discribed, that the node will need min. 64GB of RAM -> are 32GB or 48GB also working or are the scripts such big?
- What CPU is needed? Is it a most likely RAM based application or CPU/HDD?
- Should the server have much storage for eventually very big db.logs / transaction logs?

Maybe someone can help me out Smiley
Thank you, seems like one of the most promising current projects out there.

- The other 'normal nodes' can mine KMD also, but notary nodes can mine with easier difficulty, i.e. mining is more economical. Notary nodes will make notarizations to bitcoin blockchain, yes.

Before you continue though, please understand the financial risk you are taking.
 - you must get elected
 - we decide the final notary node number after the ICO, when we know our budget (32-64 notary nodes)

Please read this warning if you already haven't. Smiley

So when do you guys expect to have the Assetchains GUI ready?

As far as I know we still haven't found a GUI dev for it. We are looking for him though! Anyone interested join #komodo in SuperNET slack or send a message [email protected]

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Hello,

i want to host a komodo notary node like discribed on github. I decided to ask my questions here,because maybe someone else is looking for these informations:

- As far as i understood, komodo notary nodes will "mine" komodo coins by pushing the transactions into BTC blockchain. Is this true?
- It is discribed, that the node will need min. 64GB of RAM -> are 32GB or 48GB also working or are the scripts such big?
- Should the server have much storage for eventually very big db.logs / transaction logs?

Answers to your questions:

1)   Komodo Notary Nodes use proof-of-work on its own chain and generates new komodo through that.   DPOW ( Delayed Proof-of-Work ) is a separate function that submits notarized data to Bitcoin's blockchain,  this is independent of Komodo mining rewards.

2)  64GB RAM is preferred.   Several reasons for this.   a)  Komodo mining is done with Equihash algorithm,  which is memory-intensive.  b)  Notary nodes will be running multiple block chains at once,  these block chains are Zcash clones, meaning also memory intensive.

3)  CPU required has some leeway,  just make sure it is somewhat modern.   Primarily   High RAM and SSD  are required

4)   500GB SSD Storage minimum
Activity: 19
So when do you guys expect to have the Assetchains GUI ready?
Set Your Ideas Free
Important info about our roadmap!

Where can I see the KOMODO roadmap? Invested 0.5btc

We try to cover some of that in our third article we publish this week.

~ 2 weeks after ICO you can make Zcash anonymous payments and we will have notary nodes notarizing Komodo blockchain to Bitcoin's blockchain, i.e. bitcoin protection. We will also be securing our fiat pegged assets with dPoW, which are now being tested in the testnet. The short term roadmap is to find all the bugs and deliver all the features we have talked about: EasyDEX, PAX1, Assetchains.

Another job is to encourage people to run custom notary nodes that are used to notarize the block hashes of 3rd party blockchains to Komodo. We want to get as many blockchains to use dPoW as possible. The best thing is, that all it requires is some code changes (can be done in 1 day), and a softfork. There is really no limit of how many blockchains could use Komodo to get bitcoin level protection.

All this will take time & effort... but if we are talking about the roadmap beyond these features, then I'll just quote jl777:
Beyond assetchains, there will be smart chains which are special purpose blockchains that implement a dapp. think of it like an ASIC that does one thing and only one thing, vs a CPU that is running and OS and doing many things at once. We expect this to be a very popular way to utilize blockchain tech and the isolation it provides combined with efficiency that is further secured by dPoW will hopefully make a good demand for KMD.

After smartchains jl777 is also looking to develop 'virtualchains', which are smartchains without any physical nodes.

What we are looking to do, is use DEX & dPoW to make blockchains scalable. A quote from jl777:

ICO ends this weekend, any news on coin distribution and exchange where we can trade it.

We will distribute the coins ~2 weeks after the ICO.

We cannot promise if / when the exchanges list us, you will have to ask them! We have informed them about us.
Activity: 851
Merit: 556
Hello,

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006
this coin will end up....NOWHERE like all the rest of their "projects"

oh, another troll just...trolling! lol

do something else instead of what you already do, invest in it!!! Grin                                                                                                                                                                
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
ICO ends this weekend, any news on coin distribution and exchange where we can trade it.
Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

You can contact them directly here:

[email protected]
Activity: 34
Activity: 777
Merit: 500
Where can I see the KOMODO roadmap? Invested 0.5btc
Set Your Ideas Free

Why do you say that? Everything is pretty much working in our testnet:
 - dPoW (we make notarizations to bitcoin blockchain)
 - PAX pegged assets (being tested, could be some bugs, but works)
 - Decentralized cross-chain exchange (GUI not ready, but we have made atomic swaps from a command line)
 - Zcash anonymous transactions are working
 - 5% APR is working (but its the newest addition and is still being tested, debugged)
 - You can install Iguana multiwallet and sync multible blockchain at the same time (warning: for advanced users only at this point, next major release ~2 weeks after ICO)

We have already delivered, and the ICO is still going on. It just takes a bit longer to fix all the bugs and get installers ready. However, we are ahead of schedule and the development speed has been enormous during the whole ICO.

Thanks for asking though, hopefully this cleared everything about the state of our project!
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
First Article

We will explain what Komodo is with 3 articles! The first one is titled: "Where Hope Lies for Privacy, Anonymity, and Fungibility in Cryptocurrency".

It was just published on our website! https://komodoplatform.com/article-1/

Read & share, and wait for our next one Wink

The article was translated & published in Russian as well. We will publish Chinese and Spanish translations as soon as they are finished.

Very nice article, good job! Smiley
I strongly believe that KMD will be one of the best projects for this year.

I guess that many new people will join this last week and support even more KMD... Roll Eyes Tongue                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

I'll second that, the article was very well written and easy to understand. I hate when articles that promise to explain technical issues only create more uncertainty and confusion. Good job!

Set Your Ideas Free
Further details about 5% APR

Usually staking requires one or even two transactions per staking, mostly to just get a fraction of a coin, and this has to be done every block. However with KMD the interest is accrued automatically and you can collect it as early as one hour.

How to earn the interest?
Do nothing, you are earning it all the time.

How to collect the interest?
Just send funds and it will automatically add the interest.

How to check your interest?
You can see the accumulated interest rate from the GUI. However more technically speaking you can use 'listunspent', 'gettxout' and 'getrawtransaction' to show the interest accrued on a per utxo basis, 'getinfo' and 'z_gettotalbalance' shows the combined interest among all your utxo

We made the 5% APR as easy to use as possible. There are no settings to turn on, no modes to active, no passwords to unlock.

Since it is not directly visible in the blockchain, the only indication it exists is via the various calls, as it accumulates at the satoshi level. You can track how the interest grows by just doing a 'getinfo' call hourly.

One technical note: in order for utxo to gain interest it needs to be at least 10 KMD, and it also needs to have nLockTime field set. By default in other coins this field is zero, but with KMD it is changed so that by doing a 'sendtoaddress' sets the nLockTime. What that means is that if somebody sends some KMD to you using komodod, it will start earning interest. To verify just make sure nLockTime is not zero.

Only people that are mining are likely to have utxo that doesn't earn interest. They would need to send it (anywhere) for it to start earning interest. So if utxo is eligible it will automatically start earning interest and to get it, just spend it.
Jump to: