Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 751. (Read 1191996 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
is there already a date set for the BTCD snapshot?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
It took while, but we finally got a 64 node ratify done.
also 5% APR is working without any reported issues

I also sped up assetchains by orders of magnitude and komodo now has equivalent to sidechains that it can use if the need arises. But with GUI needed for pax and assetchains, seems little sense to add a sidechains API for now.

What is left to do is restore some functionality I disabled while speed optimizing the assetchains and then all the hardforking changes are done.

Which means we are at 90%+ likelihood that the current testchain is actually the main net and that it has been running longer than any other zero knowledge chain. Cant be 100% sure yet, but the finish line is right around the corner for komodod itself.

After that I will port the DEX over to the notary nodes for the orderbook so we have a highly redundant set of high performance nodes that all the other nodes can get the orderbooks from.
legendary
I went through the Komodo white paper, the concept looks good, and notory concept is ok as per dPoS, however the central question is really how BTC will allow you to send your transaction to their blockchain? Certainly they can't allow this, otherwise X coin, Y coin all can do the same, which will mess up BTC chain. Without it, the Komodo will be nothing new, it will be a plain PoW or PoS coin.

Maybe dev can provide some more details how you can get to Bitcoin's blockchain?
I have spent a lot of time to use totally standard transactions:

https://blockchain.info/address/1P3rU1Nk1pmc2BiWC8dEy9bZa1ZbMp5jfg

If these are made illegal, a large number of other transactions will become illegal and I really doubt dPoW represents any danger to BTC, in fact it leverages BTC and helps BTC.

Thanks for the reply. While you can make transactions conforming BTC's protocol, if they keep accepting these, the already huge BTC blockchain will become even bigger, I can't imagine how they could allow that (remember Komodo will not be the only one). It's a great concept to use it, but at some point they will have to stop it, unless you will convince them to make it like Ethereum, with sidechains etc trying to cover the whole world. In that case, maybe yes, but they'll have to change big their structure.

If bitcoin decides to stop accepting transactions, then you are right we cant use it to notarize anymore. However, that means that bitcoin wont be doing transactions anymore and this seems highly improbable.

even in this unlikely event, we can always switch to another chain.

also keep in mind, only KMD has to use the BTC chain, other chains can use KMD and piggyback onto the KMD notarization
Activity: 1344
Merit: 656
This is such a trap for BTCD holders. No buy support and all I want is to GTF out of this KMD swap.... what a joke. I dont want KMD and I'm stuck with BTCD or have to sell so cheap its a total fucking disaster. Sorry for all who invested. The price is going to tank like Steem after it hits exchanges. I just hope I can recover some of my initial BTC investment into BTCD waaay back when.

Is there going to be buy support wall for those who want out? I sure hope so.

i dont get it.

You get a better price then during the ico and (maybe) a final and working Plattform at the end.

Selling now doesnt make much sense to me.

If the price doesn't fall under ICO price or falls to a given extent (proportional to the gap between what you paid for BTCD and the final swap rate), then your KMD will be worth more than what you paid for them. With BTC's rise, and in the case it continues to rise, then there is a chance that KMD (and BTCD) will be negatively affected in the short term.

Some people are probably thinking this swap is only killing BTCD. The pice is at 40 for a month now due to the constant dumps. Just place your sell order at the fair price. Someone will pick it up eventually.

I personally don't find it easy to define "fair" when it comes to cryptocurrency prices Smiley.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
What is ico average price ?
Where to trade ?

We distribute 90% of the supply (90M KMD) to our investors. Later today when the ICO ends we can calculate the exact KMD/BTC exchange rate. You should get a pretty good picture with our ICO calculator though.

Our ICO is still going on, you can't trade it yet. We will distribute the coins about 2 weeks from now, and then it could be traded.

Hello how big is the Komodo Team ? How people work on it ? Thanks for all Infos

Have a good time
Cryptomankey

Hello!

You can see our team from our website, along with some introductions.

Komodo is a sub-project of SuperNET, so some people are working on closely related projects, and some people who work for the SuperNET are not listed on Komodo's website.

For example, boogieman and his team is working on Iguana multiwallet GUI. Strictly speaking it's not a Komodo wallet, but you can use Komodo from it. Grewal satinder is working on the Komodo wallet.

We are looking to hire more people. Please send your application to [email protected] if you are interested!
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

Have a good time
Cryptomankey

You can find team members and advisors here https://komodoplatform.com/#about, some of them have small bios included. Moreover there are job opportunities available.
This seems to be a constant need....even back in the NXT days. Why? Why are people not jumping at the chance to be part of Jame's vision? Ive never understood, why apparently, so few people get involved.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
I went through the Komodo white paper, the concept looks good, and notory concept is ok as per dPoS, however the central question is really how BTC will allow you to send your transaction to their blockchain? Certainly they can't allow this, otherwise X coin, Y coin all can do the same, which will mess up BTC chain. Without it, the Komodo will be nothing new, it will be a plain PoW or PoS coin.

Maybe dev can provide some more details how you can get to Bitcoin's blockchain?

If these are made illegal, a large number of other transactions will become illegal and I really doubt dPoW represents any danger to BTC, in fact it leverages BTC and helps BTC.

Thanks for the reply. While you can make transactions conforming BTC's protocol, if they keep accepting these, the already huge BTC blockchain will become even bigger, I can't imagine how they could allow that (remember Komodo will not be the only one). It's a great concept to use it, but at some point they will have to stop it, unless you will convince them to make it like Ethereum, with sidechains etc trying to cover the whole world. In that case, maybe yes, but they'll have to change big their structure.

Hi!

Actually very likely Komodo will be the only one to do notarizations to Bitcoin blockchain! Other blockchains will send the transactions to Komodo's blockchain, and through the linkage they will get Bitcoin level security.

On our roadmap we are also looking to solve the scalability issues. We mention that in our latest Steemit article: Bitcoin Will Ride With Lizards

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

Have a good time
Cryptomankey

You can find team members and advisors here https://komodoplatform.com/#about, some of them have small bios included. Moreover there are job opportunities available.
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
Your questions should be directed at the Zcash team,  however since we are using Zcash as the backbone of our crypto I will attempt to answer your concerns.
Komodo brings to the table additional functionally internally through Delayed Proof-of-Work  and PAX/Assetchains  as well as externally through EasyDex/Instantdex  , Iguana,  Jumblr and in the future  through "Gecko" smart chains,  PAX2 and other future projects.

Many thanks for the response @polycryptoblog, my apologies I actually thought this was the zcash thread Tongue
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
Reposted here because limited response in slack...

Putting whichever crypto religion we've sworn our allegiance to this week aside, I'm looking for feedback here:
I can swap some btc for some zcash using bitsquare, perform a zcash transaction to break any traceability and sell my zcash (on bitsquare again) and get myself a lovely new btc with no previous history that can be linked to me.
I can perform the exact same series of steps and achieve the exact same result with zcoin (because it too is based on the zerocoin protocol).

So why then is zcash $70 (down from +2MM) whilst zcoin is $0.70c (down from $10) when the only extra thing zcash seems to offer is undetectable money creation due to the necessity of a trusted setup (which zcoin also had but due to the visibility of the money supply detecting a compromise would be arbitrary)?

The knee jerk reaction I'm expecting is that "it's more anonymous because you cannot see the transaction values" but this is a moot point imo because the whole purpose is to cryptographically break the transaction history which is achieved by both.

Isn't it true that the extra lengths zcash goes to is more like 'security theatre', just like when the zcash founders burned the computer which generated the master private keys. Yeah it looked nice but... so what?

In summary then, why would someone pay 100x more for an equivalent feature found in another coin? Apart from undetectable fraud and higher resource consumption what does zcash offer over zcoin?

Also check out the zcoin and zcash roadmaps respectively.

ps
Don't give me that 'topological analysis' c**p bacause you can see the amounts, you cannot follow coins around in the zcoin blockchain, it's impossible which is why zerocoin was described as perfect money over 3 years ago.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what the zcash community knows that I don't?

pps
zcoin is not a zcash clone, in fact zcoin is older than zcash because it was launched ~1 week earlier.

Your questions should be directed at the Zcash team,  however since we are using Zcash as the backbone of our crypto I will attempt to answer your concerns.

You are forgetting who you are revealing yourself to in the description of "cleaning" coins.  In Bitsquare, p2p exchange is done with an escrow (arbitrator).  The escrow (arbitrator) "knows" that you have sent the zcash and the escrow "knows" someone sent the bitcoin to be exchanged. Get enough corrupt arbitrators who are collecting data and they can start piecing together data linking groups of transactions.  Komodo, through EasyDex and atomic swaps will allow you to conduct the "cleaning" all in one wallet and without the need of an arbitrator.  Also unlike Bitsquare,  trade pairs are not all linked to btc,   you can exchange any bitcoin compatible for any other bitcoin compatible.

The extensive process of the trusted setup was to not only reduce the chance of the key being assembled after parameter generation  but the calm down the unnecessary FUD surrounding the minuscule potential of it be reassembled.   Perhaps they went a little overboard,  but I'd rather have increased security than the mentality of  " good enough".

Not seeing the transaction values has several effects:  It makes transaction linkage impossible and prevents mantissa attacks.   A mantissa attack is linking transactions through a pattern of numbers beyond the decimal point.   For instance, if I am looking at the blockchain and I see 1.4444444444  being sent again and again,   despite the possible differences in addresses,  I can have a greater than average assumption that the different addresses sending that specific amount are the same person.   This combined with other analysis techniques can give up the anonymity of an individual.

Why did people pay ridiculous prices in the opening days of Zcash,  limited supply + hype + misguided assumption of demand = people being dumb with their money

Komodo brings to the table additional functionally internally through Delayed Proof-of-Work  and PAX/Assetchains  as well as externally through EasyDex/Instantdex  , Iguana,  Jumblr and in the future  through "Gecko" smart chains,  PAX2 and other future projects.

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro
Reposted here because limited response in slack...

Putting whichever crypto religion we've sworn our allegiance to this week aside, I'm looking for feedback here:
I can swap some btc for some zcash using bitsquare, perform a zcash transaction to break any traceability and sell my zcash (on bitsquare again) and get myself a lovely new btc with no previous history that can be linked to me.
I can perform the exact same series of steps and achieve the exact same result with zcoin (because it too is based on the zerocoin protocol).

So why then is zcash $70 (down from +2MM) whilst zcoin is $0.70c (down from $10) when the only extra thing zcash seems to offer is undetectable money creation due to the necessity of a trusted setup (which zcoin also had but due to the visibility of the money supply detecting a compromise would be arbitrary)?

The knee jerk reaction I'm expecting is that "it's more anonymous because you cannot see the transaction values" but this is a moot point imo because the whole purpose is to cryptographically break the transaction history which is achieved by both.

Isn't it true that the extra lengths zcash goes to is more like 'security theatre', just like when the zcash founders burned the computer which generated the master private keys. Yeah it looked nice but... so what?

In summary then, why would someone pay 100x more for an equivalent feature found in another coin? Apart from undetectable fraud and higher resource consumption what does zcash offer over zcoin?

Also check out the zcoin and zcash roadmaps respectively.

ps
Don't give me that 'topological analysis' c**p bacause you can see the amounts, you cannot follow coins around in the zcoin blockchain, it's impossible which is why zerocoin was described as perfect money over 3 years ago.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what the zcash community knows that I don't?

pps
zcoin is not a zcash clone, in fact zcoin is older than zcash because it was launched ~1 week earlier.

Your whole post is about zcash and zcoin. Are you sure you posted your question in correct place ?

Try Zcash thread. Smiley
Activity: 707
Merit: 505
I've been reading through the benchmarks since and discovered -
"On a quad-core benchmark server, generating a private transaction consumes ~3.2 GB of memory and ~50 seconds of compute time."

This is a relatively high memory requirement, as many laptops only have 4GB RAM. Even on a device with 8GB RAM, a 3.2 GB memory requirement may force Zcash's private generation to go into swap space.  If Zcash goes into swap, then even on the state of the art SSDs, transfer rates are at least 10 times slower than DDR-3 speeds. On older devices, transfer rates could be 30 times slower or more if Zcash goes to swap. Thus, for a typical 4gb RAM device (which usually already has at least 1gb of memory being used), Zcash's effective compute time should be between 10 minutes to 30 minutes. It is also very possible that many devices with 8GB RAM would go into swap as well, also taking between 10 minutes to 30 minutes to generate a private transaction.
In light of the above what are the implications for end users?

For example will there ever be a mobile device app for zcash given the amount of resources it takes to create and broadcast a private transaction? I would imagine a remote server building the transaction for you would be out of the question as I should think it would require access to the private components sending the zero knowledge aspect out the window.

I'm using a 4GB core i5 lenovo running ubuntu which I (used to) consider rather high end. 48% of my memory is currently allocated so from what I just read I can't use zcash because I don't have enough RAM, is that right?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0

Have a good time
Cryptomankey
Activity: 43
Activity: 6
Hello @all i am cryptomankey Smiley  my first Post  Cool  (i am a newbie 🙈But you will still hear a lot from me but only good ones  Cool Shocked )
 Komodo is my first ICO i invest.But i have begin mine Bitcoins&Altcoins 2013 .In Cryptography we trust  Cool

I wish good luck for this project .

Have all a good weekend ✌🤗😎✌
Cryptomankey
Activity: 638
Merit: 250
What is ico average price ?
Where to trade ?
legendary
Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Who is "they" and how would they stop it?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

legendary

Jump to: