Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 761. (Read 1191996 times)

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1120
komodo will not be successful.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
Everything seems doing well and fast. Komodo got great team behind. Getting more excited as days passes by. Trading sites won't be a problem with Komodo I guess. And with less bounties I expect its value to move up or at least stay steady.   
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Downloads section updated!

We expanded the section, and now you can download our logopack & branding guide.

Soon we will also have more articles to explain what we are up to. We are also working with a designer to make some cool infographics!

https://komodoplatform.com/#downloads
Set Your Ideas Free
Windows wallet to komodo avalible to download?

Are we going to have a web wallet?, that would be awesome.

Here's what the GUI developer Satinder answered a while back:

The EasyDEX-GUI is HTML code. Adjustable to all screens from Desktops, Tablets to Mobiles. EasyDEX-GUI is the front-end, user friendly view for end users.

The second part, and most important part is iguana core. iguana core is backend. It is the binary which provides backend APIs used by the front-end user interface EasyDEX-GUI.

iguana binary has been tested on Linux, OS X, Windows, and android in earlier versions of development. But, first we need to have iguana and Komodo to be on stable stages before we concentrate on mobile platforms. As we reach enough stable stages, a native iguana binary packaged for android app can be expected.

I am anyway also spending time in debugging iguana binary for android time to time and report back any bugs or errors found in android version to core developer (jl777). So, hopefully when the right time comes we make Android Mobile version of EasyDEX App without much difficulties.

In stages expect first Desktop wallets to be stable, and then tablet/mobile support to come afterwards.

Hope this clears.

Satinder

I'm not 100% sure about the windows wallet status, but of course the wallet will be available on all platforms in time.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Are we going to have a web wallet?, that would be awesome.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
Windows wallet to komodo avalible to download?
Set Your Ideas Free
I had uploaded a wrong image to grewalsatinder's update. I updated it with the correct one, which is this:

Set Your Ideas Free
It looks really good! Smiley Thanks for the constant updates. The project seems to be moving along really fast! Smiley

Yes, things are happening so fast that I'm surprised myself!

I think now it's just about connecting different pieces together to build the final product. jl777 spent ~2 years building the Iguana backend, which now contains massive amount of highly efficient C code. That really powers everything and allows us to build things such as notary nodes, and do atomic swaps.

EDIT: and the thing is that we would like others to use our platform and build DAPPs on top of it (like we are doing). The goal is to make everything easy for developers, so we can bring crypto to a whole new level. Check out http://docs.supernet.org/
Set Your Ideas Free
Two GUI Updates: one from each project

Iguana GUI = multiwallet
EasyDEX GUI = full komodo GUI + decentralized exchange + some other extra things (see the tabs)

First we have an Iguana GUI update from Boogieman!
The GUI update:
1. Angular switch is in full progress and about 50% of the work is done. We plan to close it by the end of the next week.
2. Also, we fixed issues with responsiveness and made screens adaptive for mobile.
3. Now the GUI is Iguana compatible, though still can be buggy on some cases as we have not tested it all around yet. Waiting for our testing forces set free from some urgent tasks. Thus it means the next release will be Non-Iguana and Iguana.
4.  We also agreed on how to add coins. We are going to do it steadily, by portions of  40-50 something coins or more, if now issues will arise with icons visual adaptation or coinds on testing. So the GUI will support up to 150-200 coins within next 2-3 releases.
5. Meanwhile we are upgrading some  released features, but the major work on upgrade is planned for late November.
6.  As soon as we have the GUI stable with Iguana, we will be porting it for mobile platforms and now we are busy with getting sexy mockups for this purpose. They are not 100% meeting Android and iOs style guides, as this requires much more time and more accurate adaptation due to platform specifications. Though we are trying to make them as universal as possible, so  they need less changes later on.

Creating a new wallet

Login mobile

Next an EasyDEX update from grewalsatinder:
- Receiving Address section added,
- Get New Transparent Address works
- Get New Private (Z) Address works
- Receiving Table updates with new updated list of wallet address as new address generates.

I was trying to see how I can update history and receiving tables when new data is available to show. With this update that too is figured, and works.

I can now implement Send Transaction API

oh another update forgot to mention. well, that’s more of a backend code update.

I updated the backend code to make wallet ready for first tests to see if a different wallet action is performed, like if user selects to open Komodo GUI, or Zcash GUI, the same HTML code is used, the same JavaScript code is used but with conditions and the exact same GUI elements then show that wallet’s information. Smiley

I was trying to get Zcash API work through iguana today, but got stuck with something, just waiting for help, and as soon as it’s working, I’ll try my experiments with Komodo/Zcash GUI elements/JS portability Smiley

So, expect the so far made Komodo GUI work Exactly for Zcash GUI as well! Wink

Once these GUIs works to good extent, I’ll make them work with Fiat Chains and Assetchains well Wink

Fiatchains/Assetchains will need a separate GUI Manager, probably, which will be added to EasyDEX-GUI. Hopefully won’t take much time.

Will keep this space updated as I move forward.

Komodo GUI receiving addresses section

You are all welcome to join our Slack, where you can talk with the devs in case you have any questions. SuperNET has always had very open communication towards its community. All these updates are posted on Slack, and more Wink

http://slackinvite.supernet.org/
Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
From on of our Steemit articles:
What is the ‘revenue asset’?

For BitcoinDark a certain revenue share was promised from the various projects that compose the overall SuperNET ecosystem. Those revenue shares won’t migrate to Komodo. Instead, the BTCD holders will get an extra asset that will inherit those revenue streams.

The asset is entitled to these revenue streams:

5% of InstantDEX profits
5% of SuperNET profits
5% of crypto777 profits
After the ICO is over, a snapshot of the BTCD blockchain will be taken. Then after the Komodo blockchain supports assetchains that information will be used to create a new asset. A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.

The assetchains are working and currently there are
 - 32 fiat assets
 - REVS asset

They are all secured by dPoW.

good to hear this . I will colect more btcds for swap
Set Your Ideas Free
From on of our Steemit articles:
What is the ‘revenue asset’?

For BitcoinDark a certain revenue share was promised from the various projects that compose the overall SuperNET ecosystem. Those revenue shares won’t migrate to Komodo. Instead, the BTCD holders will get an extra asset that will inherit those revenue streams.

The asset is entitled to these revenue streams:

5% of InstantDEX profits
5% of SuperNET profits
5% of crypto777 profits
After the ICO is over, a snapshot of the BTCD blockchain will be taken. Then after the Komodo blockchain supports assetchains that information will be used to create a new asset. A BTCD private key will be required to prove that you had BTCD during the snapshot.

The assetchains are working and currently there are
 - 32 fiat assets
 - REVS asset

They are all secured by dPoW.
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
When is the snapshot of BTCD for Komodo?
What is the best wallet to store my BTCD in for these purposes? Currently they are still on Poloniex.
Please advise, Regards

The snapshot will happen after the ICO, but there is no exact time yet. We will announce the exact block when it happens once it is decided.

If you want the REVS asset via the snapshot, then you must send your BTCD to a local wallet. Check out bitcoindark.com for instructions, and join #BTCD channel in SuperNET slack to get more info or if you have a problem.

For the KMD swap the funds can be sent from anywhere, even from an exchange.

Great, thanks.
Is there any idea what the REVS asset is likely to be worth? What is it exactly? Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1205
Vote for Farl4web

I am running two notary nodes (EU and SH) for Komodo Network and I hope I will get support from the community and investors too.  Smiley

People may know me from Nxt, where I work hard as active member. Managing the forum, twitter, websites and running nodes. Paying dividend monthly with my asset FARLAWEB. A trustful notary node operator, at your service.  Kiss

===========
legendary
Activity: 1205
=====BadAss TRUMP STYLE=======

I know one thing...I WILL get elected. If you are active on the testnet and update your node every time james is asking you to do, then we are the ONLY ones who can secure the Komodo network in the future. A Komodo network with inactive nodes/admins is useless and a one big security cheese.  

I can eat, read, sleep and shit James his code. I am not a coder, but i know what the output is telling me on the screen. I know how to handle problems and have 24/7 access to my network.

So I don't mind anymore, I sit back, relax and update my node when James is asking me to do so and at the end i will automatically see how I get elected
Because if I dont get elected, it will be a total farce..the komodo network

Let's make SuperNET GREAT again!!

=====BadAss TRUMP STYLE OUT=======

Haha, the new elections are live I see!  Grin  You have my vote BadAss. Supportive as always, you manage to get this network solid, secure and bad ass!!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
What is the best wallet to store my BTCD in for these purposes? Currently they are still on Poloniex.
Please advise, Regards

The snapshot will happen after the ICO, but there is no exact time yet. We will announce the exact block when it happens once it is decided.

If you want the REVS asset via the snapshot, then you must send your BTCD to a local wallet. Check out bitcoindark.com for instructions, and join #BTCD channel in SuperNET slack to get more info or if you have a problem.

Sorry if this has been answered before but couldn't find it.. when will the snapshot for the REVS asset happen? Before the end of the ICO?

For wallet download purposes: what is the total size of the blockchain?
Set Your Ideas Free
Please advise, Regards

Sorry if this has been answered before but couldn't find it.. when will the snapshot for the REVS asset happen? Before the end of the ICO?

In the quote I was talking about the REVS snapshot Wink

There is no snapshot for KMD, as it is just swapped. There's only one snapshot, and it is for the REVS asset
Jump to: