Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 764. (Read 1191996 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
guys is it easy to allow KMD for alternative anon tech? just for marketing purposes. If it's not very hard to do - allowing different tech of anon - just because people have some beliefs - could be good marketing strategy. Obviously here I'm talking about monero tech  Roll Eyes

Or monero can be simply used by iguana wallet as alternative currency? so in the end those users will be attracted as well?

Perfect would be to have some kind of ?API? to easily plug in alternative anon tech if any new/better/more wanted by people appears.

This idea is good but not feasible I think. Monero is based on Cryptonote tech originally used in Bytecoin. Shadowcash and NAV are other anon-coins not based on Cryptonote but I don't know if they can be added to Iguana
It would be possible, but I personally wont be able to do it any time soon. especially the basilisk mode is suited for non-bitcoin protocol coins.

If other protocols want to help extend iguana, I am certainly open to working with them.

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
guys is it easy to allow KMD for alternative anon tech? just for marketing purposes. If it's not very hard to do - allowing different tech of anon - just because people have some beliefs - could be good marketing strategy. Obviously here I'm talking about monero tech  Roll Eyes

Or monero can be simply used by iguana wallet as alternative currency? so in the end those users will be attracted as well?

Perfect would be to have some kind of ?API? to easily plug in alternative anon tech if any new/better/more wanted by people appears.

This idea is good but not feasible I think. Monero is based on Cryptonote tech originally used in Bytecoin. Shadowcash and NAV are other anon-coins not based on Cryptonote but I don't know if they can be added to Iguana
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

We cannot add any additional privacy features, and it's not even needed as the zk-SNARK technology alone makes everything 100% private.

The Iguana wallet can support all bitcoin compatible coins, like Komodo and Zcash. From the monero's thread I found: "Monero (XMR) is a privacy-focused cryptocurrency that is not based on Bitcoin's code", so I'm afraid it's not possible to use monero in Iguana wallet.

The skepticism towards Zcash has nothing to do with its privacy technology, but with the 'toxic waste' that would allow someone to print new money into existence. However, that would require that all 6 persons who took part in the "ceremony" colluded together. The good thing though is, that this 'toxic waste' doesn't risk anyones anonymity and everyone can monitor that the Zcash/Komodo supply stays in its limitations. Even if they would create this toxic waste they could not make the private payments transparent.

In all scenarios the private transactions made by Komodo or Zcash stay 100% private. 
Activity: 159
Merit: 100

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512
Now assetchains are nearing completion, it would be good if there was someone working on a GUI to manage the creation of new chains. I havent yet added all the possible variants as getting the basics working with dPoW was the priority. And nothing better to make clear what all the options that are needed than having a GUI made for it. Plz post in #komodo if you are available to work on such a GUI, it would likely end up being a page in satinder's iguana GUI.

The main function I see in the GUI is "create chain" and it needs at a minimum a name, pubkeys of notarizers, supply. Once a chain is started, then other nodes can use the generated iguana code to connect to it or run another mining node.

under the hood, what is needed is:
./komodod -ac_name=NAME -ac_supply=1000000

the above starts the chain and other nodes would connect to it via:
./komodod -ac_name=NAME -ac_supply=1000000 -addnode=

at this point there is a fully working zcash clone called NAME, it deterministically generates a genesis block, port, netmagic and sends the supply coins to the wallet of the creator. Normal transactions can be done along with protected zcash transactions and even the DEX and LP nodes can be used with the NAME coin.

I just updated it so when you spawn a new assetchain, the matched genCOIN file to add it to iguana is automatically created. it even synced the first blocks

If you are able to do GUI and some systems work (ie. automate creation of explorers) contact me. This is a paid task, just not sure how much work it will be so the first step is to get a qualified person to assess the amount of work it is

very interesting . I see all your works improved and moving ahead . I hope it will hit fast running for more big exchanges
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Now assetchains are nearing completion, it would be good if there was someone working on a GUI to manage the creation of new chains. I havent yet added all the possible variants as getting the basics working with dPoW was the priority. And nothing better to make clear what all the options that are needed than having a GUI made for it. Plz post in #komodo if you are available to work on such a GUI, it would likely end up being a page in satinder's iguana GUI.

The main function I see in the GUI is "create chain" and it needs at a minimum a name, pubkeys of notarizers, supply. Once a chain is started, then other nodes can use the generated iguana code to connect to it or run another mining node.

at this point there is a fully working zcash clone called NAME, it deterministically generates a genesis block, port, netmagic and sends the supply coins to the wallet of the creator. Normal transactions can be done along with protected zcash transactions and even the DEX and LP nodes can be used with the NAME coin.

I just updated it so when you spawn a new assetchain, the matched genCOIN file to add it to iguana is automatically created. it even synced the first blocks

If you are able to do GUI and some systems work (ie. automate creation of explorers) contact me. This is a paid task, just not sure how much work it will be so the first step is to get a qualified person to assess the amount of work it is

Near the completion? People will be very happy if it is completed, I stay tuned.  Cheesy
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Komodo is showing its powerful features and cool interfaces. How would it fair in ICO remains to be seen . It's well enough for me that the platform is solid.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Hi,

I currently have some BTCD in my exchange-wallet. Can I directly swap from the exchange or do I have to transfer them to a BTCD wallet?
you need transfer your Btcd to wallet!!  Smiley
Activity: 355
Hi,

I currently have some BTCD in my exchange-wallet. Can I directly swap from the exchange or do I have to transfer them to a BTCD wallet?
legendary
http://148.251.57.148/tx/15f3f684a48977dbbecf2c29aecf68e9a5e447325241d4bfe767c3cf6b8c27da

above is the first fiat chain redeem. it was triggered by the EUR tx http://148.251.56.54/tx/5d5c9a49489b558de9e84f991f996dedaae6b9d0f157f82b2fec64662476d5cf

which redeemed 0.10 EUR via the paxwithdraw function.

it got a bit complicated, but there is essentially a decentralized gateway (generalized MGW) to achieve the bi-directional deposit/redeem across the different blockchains.

It has a lot of similarity to sidechains, but there is no need for waiting 1 day (or 2 days?) for the transactions to confirm. For now I am not waiting for the notarizations so the testing can go faster. Once we verify it is all happy, then I will require notarizations in both directions before the funds are released.

The above EUR redeem was indeed notarized the next block: http://148.251.56.54/tx/2cc20d19f0651714a222ace2c9fe2f2b548502e6289c208fb7dcbb3448dc728b

And that was echoed in the KMD chain, which on the next notarization to BTC also notarized the EUR redeem transaction.

Basically the dPoW is working as intended, but still we need to continue to verify things.

The todo list is down to a few final items:
1. error check fiat redeem amounts
2. net balance limiter, activate dPoW for all fiats
3. verify: interest payment, ratification, reorgs

non-komodod tasks
4. REVS and non-fiat chains done
5. automate notarization fee payouts
6. automated distribution of test REVS snapshot

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
I'm sure BTCD was on cryptsy. Did big Vern steal them, and if he did do you know which addresses they were in? What if big Vern swaps his stolen BTCD for KMD and gets a huge stake? You would make him a whale.
yes it was on cryptsy

we can only assume whether big vern kept all the altcoin wallets or not

no idea what addresses they were in

BTCD wasnt a very high volume coin, so I doubt there was any large percentage on cryptsy as it was the third behind poloniex and bittrex.

I dont see that this would lead to any huge stake.

no whale possibility

Block the Cryptsy wallet from the Swap many people sent their BTCD in since the trading was so high priced at the end. It was a gateway out of Cryptsy and the price had skyrocketed on Cryptsy for all coins. People were arbing them.
legendary
I'm sure BTCD was on cryptsy. Did big Vern steal them, and if he did do you know which addresses they were in? What if big Vern swaps his stolen BTCD for KMD and gets a huge stake? You would make him a whale.
yes it was on cryptsy

we can only assume whether big vern kept all the altcoin wallets or not

no idea what addresses they were in

BTCD wasnt a very high volume coin, so I doubt there was any large percentage on cryptsy as it was the third behind poloniex and bittrex.

I dont see that this would lead to any huge stake.

no whale possibility

Activity: 318
Through how many after the ICO, the coin will be released on the exchange?

We will distribute the coins ~ 2 weeks after the ICO. We don't know when the exchanges will list us, you will have to ask them about it!

How much time will be allowed for the BTCD swap after the ICO? Since distribution is planned within 2 weeks of the ICO, all BTCD swaps should be completed before that right?

You will be able to swap to get the coins at the same time as everyone else.

We will reserve enough KMD so we are able to swap every BTCD. The BTCD can be swapped at any time for one full year.

Thanks for the reply. Obviously not all of the BTCD will be swapped since some will be lost etc. So what would happen to the remaining KMD supply reserved for BTCD swaps?

They would be used as working capital for development.

Set Your Ideas Free
We have a pleasure to share a great article with you!

Smith & Crown approached us a week or so ago and interviewed jl777. They did an in-depth research and produced an excellent article about us.

This is true journalism as it is not a sponsored article, but a creation of their own. With quality work like this they will acquire a bigger audience I'm sure. At least I'll be reading their other articles, because as a reader/student of crypto I want unfiltered and unbiased content.

http://www.smithandcrown.com/komodo-vision-supernet/

http://www.smithandcrown.com/event/komodo-platform-ico/

Thanks Smith & Crown!

From http://www.smithandcrown.com/icos/
We do not solicit or accept payment for listing on this site or for more in-depth analysis.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 566
This is a nice and lovely concept. I'm glad to be part of this movement/signature campaign. I will yobit list you asap.
Best Regard
Set Your Ideas Free
We have updated our thread with an answer to the most burning question on everyone's mind!
Set Your Ideas Free
Through how many after the ICO, the coin will be released on the exchange?

We will distribute the coins ~ 2 weeks after the ICO. We don't know when the exchanges will list us, you will have to ask them about it!

How much time will be allowed for the BTCD swap after the ICO? Since distribution is planned within 2 weeks of the ICO, all BTCD swaps should be completed before that right?

You will be able to swap to get the coins at the same time as everyone else.

We will reserve enough KMD so we are able to swap every BTCD. The BTCD can be swapped at any time for one full year.

Thanks for the reply. Obviously not all of the BTCD will be swapped since some will be lost etc. So what would happen to the remaining KMD supply reserved for BTCD swaps?

They would be used as working capital for development.
Jump to: