Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 833. (Read 1191989 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
This coin have a very interesting features.
But my questions is...How do the Big Corporations wanted to work with the Komodo development team, if you guys remain anonymous?

Maybe you guys can have a visible spoke person to represent Komodo in the conferences/media/news later in the future?....just a suggestion

Activity: 200
Merit: 250
I can make Polish translation and maintain the topic, pm if you are intrested
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
An another Bounty!

We are looking for someone to post and maintain the Spanish Komodo thread! We will pay 0.05 BTC bounty. The bounty will be paid in KMD after the ICO, as usual.

If interested send a PM!
Set Your Ideas Free
Time for a simpleton question; what advantages does this have over Zcash (I know its using Zcash)? How does this benefit the user?

Privacy wise they are the same. However with Komodo we also have the dPoW functionality and it will possibly integrate to the other SuperNET services. For example Iguana technology needs BTCD, but in the future it will be Komodo. Thus SuperNET will create some demand for the currency. SuperNET needs a good privacy technology.

In any case, we don't see ourselves competing with Zcash. We are both open source projects, and every project should have a way to increase its privacy. Let's hope there are many more use cases for Zcash technology!

Here's what jl777 sad about this earlier:

I want to address the issue of "competition with zcash"
There is none.

open source projects are open source in the hopes that other projects utilize it, build on it, maybe even grant back improvements. That is exactly what komodo is doing. Utilizing zcash, building on it and we will of course gladly give back any and all improvements zcash team deems worthy. They are not going to be doing GUI for a while, so maybe we can contribute a dual ZEC/KMD GUI. And if they want to, they can even just strip out the KMD part of the GUI, but they dont strike me as that type.

I have also extended an offer for the 5% staking revenues from the zkp protected funds as there is no way to calculate anything but the aggregate amount in protected form. So this interest can either just extend the coin emission, or it can be donated to the zcash team. So far no interest in this from them. Probably since they are well funded and will be making a ton of money with the ZEC, which I expect to be a game changer in crypto.

The history of zcash starts with zerocoin that Dr. Matt Green wanted to have bitcoin adopt. Well, that didnt get very far... So there is now a zcash company that is creating a bitcoin compatible + zcash combo. Are they doing it with a profit motive? It doesnt look like it to me, they want the zkp tech to be disseminated far and wide. And they are only making money if ZEC becomes worth a lot. Money is nice and pays the bills, but that does not appear to be the primary motivation.

Being adopted by major projects is exactly what creates the big value to the original fork. And being adopted by major projects disseminates the zkp tech far and wide. After komodo's example, my guess is that there will be many other zcash forks so komodo will just be the first of many.
Activity: 364
Time for a simpleton question; what advantages does this have over Zcash (I know its using Zcash)? How does this benefit the user?
Set Your Ideas Free
A New Bounty!

Komodo needs a Reddit page! We need someone to make it pretty with CSS.

The bounty will be 0.25 BTC, paid after the ICO in KMD.

Interested? Send a PM!

EDIT: bounty taken
Set Your Ideas Free

Like PondSea said, the information in the GUI is just some random characters. No real BTC transaction took place.

So, in real there will be ordinary BTC addresses? Huh

Iguana is not Komodo.

Iguana is a multiwallet where you can store and send multible different cryptocurrencies, like BTC and KMD.

If you send BTC from your Iguana client it will be send out just like it would from any other bitcoin wallet! Likewise with all the other supported cryptocurrencies.

I hope this answered your guestion.

Best regards
Set Your Ideas Free

MISSION THUNDERCLAP

We will publish the dPoW white paper on October 5th! That is just 6 days from now. We will start it with a BANG, but we need everyone's help! Smiley

Join in the campaign and spread the news on Oct. 5th. Just follow the link to our thunderclap campaign page and join with your Twitter or Facebook account!

> Thunderclap dPoW Campaign <

Let's make blockchains more secure!

Best regards,
Komodo Team
Will definitely promote it on all my social media accounts.Thanks

Awesome. Smiley Thanks you!

We are still looking for two volunteers to post our Chinese and Spanish translations! Anyone interested?
legendary
Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

Like PondSea said, the information in the GUI is just some random characters. No real BTC transaction took place.

So, in real there will be ordinary BTC addresses? Huh
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management

MISSION THUNDERCLAP

We will publish the dPoW white paper on October 5th! That is just 6 days from now. We will start it with a BANG, but we need everyone's help! Smiley

Join in the campaign and spread the news on Oct. 5th. Just follow the link to our thunderclap campaign page and join with your Twitter or Facebook account!

Best regards,
Komodo Team
Will definitely promote it on all my social media accounts.Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1428
Must buying btcd to invest in komodo.

I've sold my BTCD

No you do not need btcd to invest into the komodo ICO but it is better to do so currently.

If you sold your btcd, you have just sold something worth 0.0053 for 0.004 so congrats on that.

That's not entirely true though. It depends on the amount of Bitcoin raised and the time the bitcoin is raised (as bonus % counts into the equation).

The valuation of the btcd swapped to iguana is 0.0053 btc (this is without the additional average btc bonus bonus Tongue). Even if there is 0 btc invested then the price of komodo should go up due to the new tech involved and when the zcash hype gets started.

But i suspect that we may get more than a few btc to justify the valuation.
Set Your Ideas Free

MISSION THUNDERCLAP

Best regards,
Komodo Team
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
I am truly excited at the liquidity provider tech that is being worked on. This just might be the killer app that crypto was missing. ( instantdex being part of this)

If the little guy can make some extra coin by providing this service then I see great things coming down the line.

I encourage the team to make joining the liquidity provider army as easy as possible with as many dumbed down videos, documentation, examples, and other marketing as possible.

And, good job team

I just submitted the rawdraft for the easyDEX whitepaper, not to be confused with the dPoW whitepaper.

Looks like we will have at least two whitepapers, but dont ask me about the timing

Activity: 882
I am truly excited at the liquidity provider tech that is being worked on. This just might be the killer app that crypto was missing. ( instantdex being part of this)

If the little guy can make some extra coin by providing this service then I see great things coming down the line.

I encourage the team to make joining the liquidity provider army as easy as possible with as many dumbed down videos, documentation, examples, and other marketing as possible.

And, good job team
Set Your Ideas Free
What is BTCD ?

BTCD is BitcoinDark. Komodo is a product of the BitcoinDark team, essentially with the same vision, thus it really is a BTCD 2.0.

The difference between them is that Komodo will use the best privacy technology (Zcash) and it will also have the dPoW. The old vision to achieve privacy for BTCD was a good one, but Zcash proved to be even better.

The BTCD can be swapped for Komodo coin after the ICO has ended.
Activity: 1239
Merit: 562
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
@jl777: daring thing to clone zcash. I have a few questions:

First, how proficient are you with zero-knowledge proofs?

Second and most importantly, how do you plan to manage the trusted setup? This will require highly regarded and trusted people with spotless reputation and proven ethics and principles, and these people will have to meet somewhere so that they can authenticate each other an make sure that the trusted setup process is scrupulously respected by everyone. As far as I know, you have chosen to remain anonymous. so unless you decide to reveal your identity, you won't even be qualified to attend yourself the trusted setup
"ceremony". So who will? Who have you lined up? I'm expecting impressive names here, the kind of highly regarded folks with a track record of acting in the common interest and being dedicated to furthering mankind. Have you got Satoshiware lined up just like zcash does? Or are you going to simply fork from zcash **after genesis** so that you can reuse their trusted setup?
komodo will use the same parameters as zcash. The dPoW is independent from all the zcash zero-knowledge proofs and parameters.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
@jl777: daring thing to clone zcash. I have a few questions:

First, how proficient are you with zero-knowledge proofs?

Second and most importantly, how do you plan to manage the trusted setup? This will require highly regarded and trusted people with spotless reputation and proven ethics and principles, and these people will have to meet somewhere so that they can authenticate each other an make sure that the trusted setup process is scrupulously respected by everyone. As far as I know, you have chosen to remain anonymous. so unless you decide to reveal your identity, you won't even be qualified to attend yourself the trusted setup
"ceremony". So who will? Who have you lined up? I'm expecting impressive names here, the kind of highly regarded folks with a track record of acting in the common interest and being dedicated to furthering mankind. Have you got Satoshiware lined up just like zcash does? Or are you going to simply fork from zcash **after genesis** so that you can reuse their trusted setup?
Activity: 504
Must buying btcd to invest in komodo.

I've sold my BTCD

No you do not need btcd to invest into the komodo ICO but it is better to do so currently.

If you sold your btcd, you have just sold something worth 0.0053 for 0.004 so congrats on that.

That's not entirely true though. It depends on the amount of Bitcoin raised and the time the bitcoin is raised (as bonus % counts into the equation).
Jump to: