Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 836. (Read 1191989 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 252
You should download the BTCD wallet
Activity: 34
Merit: 0

I have a question about participating in the Komodo ICO, I have BTCD, will i need transfer the BTCD from an exchange to the BTCD wallet or can I do the swap from my BTCD exchange address.

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
Im not sure about this, past experiences tells me the devs will quitly abandon this project after a while. Seems more like a money grab, also i suspect a guy from waves in komodo project, what happened abandoned waves?

I would have stopped at the first comma.

You are not sure, pass expierence tells you, seems and suspects are all words that reveals that you are someone that does not know what they are talking about.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Can someone from the Komodo team give a concise but thorough explanation as to how Komodo might impact SuperNet value in a positive way?

Thanks.
SuperNET has a significant position in BTCD, so there is a direct benefit.

Additionally, komodo is part of the overall SuperNET tech solution, so having that in place has the benefit of providing a strong base for the other SuperNET services

Since komodo is part of SuperNET, what is good for komodo is good for SuperNET.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Can someone from the Komodo team give a concise but thorough explanation as to how Komodo might impact SuperNet value in a positive way?

Thanks.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

I'll paste one question from our recent Steemit post as it's quite relevant to our topic.

Why there is no real photos of the dev team on your website? The use of real pictures would boost your project's credibility further.

We are aware of that. However because part of our team is anonymous - including our lead developer - we all decided to not use full names & photos.

Knowing the identity of the developers doesn't guarantee success. What we believe to be important is the track record behind a name (real or pseudonym). In our case jl777 has over the years demonstrated his capability and determination to carry on with his projects and plans. The roadmap might have changed, but the overall long term goal has been the same. He has not abandoned his projects and has stayed responsible to his past investors.

Like previously explained, SuperNET has successfully developed a multiwallet and MultiGateway on top of the NXT platform. The NXT and SuperNET communities have used those service for 1-2 year and trust in its authenticity. Projects and cases like this should convince people about jl777's credibility more than an official passport picture ever could.

On top of these the SuperNET has a lot of open source code behind it, that anyone can inspect. jl777 has already began the Komodo development process, and we encourage everyone to follow it and ask any questions that comes to mind!

Open Source code in GitHub:

Iguana - github.com/jl777/SuperNET

Komodo - github.com/jl777/komodo
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Im not sure about this, past experiences tells me the devs will quitly abandon this project after a while. Seems more like a money grab, also i suspect a guy from waves in komodo project, what happened abandoned waves?

jl777 has been on the SuperNET slack everyday for two years working hard. He has not disappeared anywhere, instead he has produced a lot of open source code.

We hope you stick around and research more about us and Komodo Smiley

Who is hosting the ico?

All I see is info about btcd swap. Not where I can purchase coins for the ico.

Thanks

You cannot purchase KMD tokens yet. There will be more info later about how to participate in the ICO. The ICO starts on October 15th.

The times of 'let's give millions to someone who is just a username' are over. Real identities on developers and team are considered a bare accountability minimum for at least myself.
Set Your Ideas Free

jl777 has been on the SuperNET slack everyday for two years working hard. He has not disappeared anywhere, instead he has produced a lot of open source code.

We hope you stick around and research more about us and Komodo Smiley

Who is hosting the ico?

Thanks

You cannot purchase KMD tokens yet. There will be more info later about how to participate in the ICO. The ICO starts on October 15th.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Who is hosting the ico?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
You'll also need need some official face, you know, someone who'll sit in jail if something goes wrong. Most of the biggest ICO's this year revealed their identities and that boosted investor's trust. Although I would personally prefer bigger stake with my BTCD, I do understand the more you guys get, the farther this project will go.

Ищитe мyлю.
Since broad based usage, and/or significant big business use, is what any alt should be focused on, how will that conversation go, when big business is interested in using some new-fangled blockchain tech?-

Big Business: Hi, we are interested in your protocol, and believe great synergies can be had with Komodo and our existing protocol process. We would like to speak to the lead dev regarding a way forward.

Noashh/TwinD: Great. But James is anonymous and can only be contacted via email/PM. But you can speak to us instead.

Big Business: Oh, then that makes things difficult, as we have to justify $M's of investments/funds with adequate due diligence. Its standard procedure that due diligence would include full identity and contact details of all major stakeholders. Considering what we have witnessed with Ethereums blockchain of late, you will understand that our auditors would ask us to justify the $M's going into a blockchain, that devs can re-write, as they see fit. We need uncomplicated channels of communication that are standard within our industry.

Noashh/TwinD: James has reasons to stay anon. And anyway, Bitcoins inventor is anon.

Big Business: Satoshi is dead, or he is a nutcase called Craig. There is no value there anymore. Its obvious that real value will be created when significant broad based use, or big business takes its place on a given blockchain. Does James want to make a real difference, or not?

Noashh/TwinD: Yes, but he must stay anon

Big Business: Thats a shame, as we just see an insular group of interests, just passing tokens between each other. Small minded, much?!

Activity: 63
Who is hosting the ico?

Thanks
Activity: 111
You'll also need need some official face, you know, someone who'll sit in jail if something goes wrong. Most of the biggest ICO's this year revealed their identities and that boosted investor's trust. Although I would personally prefer bigger stake with my BTCD, I do understand the more you guys get, the farther this project will go.

Ищитe мyлю.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
Activity: 91
In Stratis Platform's Q&A seassion the following was asked:

"Will Stratis consider using Komodo's dPoW to additionally secure its mainchain and private chain with Bitcoin's hashrate?"

Click here and listen their answer!

Smiley

He praised you are very talented, you are happy?  Cheesy  Stratis and Komodo are both terrific projects in this year.
Activity: 515
Merit: 502

"Will Stratis consider using Komodo's dPoW to additionally secure its mainchain and private chain with Bitcoin's hashrate?"

Smiley

The first one of a long list  Smiley
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
I must say the white paper is very white!   Words... indeed

Cheers Jon Wink
Set Your Ideas Free

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
When I used a lot of words, I was criticized for it, so I figured I would just post the txids created automatically by the iguana DEX process.

Words dont create txids, only working code does so it is my way to show that there is plenty of working code already.

I still have some issues I am working on with the robustness of the atomic swap state machine and the reclaiming of funds in the custom timelocked transactions, but the primary txcreation is automatic following a few API calls on the two test nodes. After connecting to the testnet notary nodes (8 of them) the following calls are done:

LP node:
curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7778" --data "{\"agent\":\"tradebot\",\"method\":\"amlp\"}"
curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7778" --data "{\"agent\":\"tradebot\",\"method\":\"liquidity\",\"targetcoin\":\"BTCD\",\"vals\":{\"profit\":0.005}}"

Now the LP node is operating as a liquidity provider and it is making a market in BTCD <-> BTC swaps at a 0.5% profit margin. Any number of coins can be active on a specific LP node, but enough funds needs to be available for each supported coin.

Once this is setup, any end user node can do:
curl --url "http://127.0.0.1:7778" --data "{\"agent\":\"InstantDEX\",\"method\":\"request\",\"vals\":{\"source\":\"BTCD\",\"amount\":0.1,\"dest\":\"BTC\",\"minprice\":0.004}}"

The above starts a realtime auction among all the BTCD LP nodes and the best price is selected. For the test there is only one LP node, so the minprice is set to make sure at least .004 BTC is obtained.

After the above, the atomic swap DEX statemachine is started on both sides and the 5 transactions were sent back and forth to effect the swap.

Words... indeed
Jump to: