Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 866. (Read 1191723 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132
I have a lot of respect for James, he's brilliant, level headed and has some amazing ideas. He's done a lot of this on his own. Coding can be a very lonely existence...but again this is an investment that people are looking at based on past releases.

I think it was a bad move to start yet another ICO based on the current climate of scams, wasted ICO's and over promises. This is not James fault as it is what is currently a sea of scammy ICO's and failed promises.

With amount of money raised close to 6000 BTC just for the Supernet, I'm kinda disappointed that we still don't have a full release. Iguana is still months away from showing us anything working.

James I'm sorry, I wish you luck...I really do. But you won't be getting any Bitcoin from me this time, I will be waiting for my initial investments in you to see the light of day first.

Peace

You might have forgotten that the SuperNET funds were not spent, but rather are being invested to produce gains and operations funded from this. This necessarily slows things down a bit.

Also why do you say iguana is months away from showing anything working? Do you know something I dont?
legendary
CryptoCard
Teleport
Telepathy
InstantDEX
PAX
Pangea
NeoDice
Jay
Crypto777
Skynet
NXTPrivacy
SuperNET
A few corrections to your mostly incorrect assertion:

CryptoCard is completed, coinomat issued debit cards

Teleport - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
Telepathy - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset
PAX - this is not any asset, how is it possible that an ICO was done for something without even an asset

Pangea
Neodice
Jay
SkyNET
above are all other dev's projects that SuperNET invested in and gave out dividends in. After it was given as a dividend it started trading in the open market. Please tell me where in this picture SuperNET or I am making an ICO to collect lots of money?

NXTprivacy was done as above, ie free dividend and after market trading by the people who received the assets.

which leaves InstantDEX, crypto777 and SuperNET
InstantDEX had private investors and then like the above assets was dividended out to SuperNET asset holders.

SuperNET, we know that its NAV is mostly preserved over the years as the technology has been developed: supernet.org/nav.php

So, it seems my crime is having given out many free asset dividends to people? Or is it that you just assume for each of the various technology components that I must have done some big scale ICO, collected the funds without doing anything?

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I have a lot of respect for James, he's brilliant, level headed and has some amazing ideas. He's done a lot of this on his own. Coding can be a very lonely existence...but again this is an investment that people are looking at based on past releases.

I think it was a bad move to start yet another ICO based on the current climate of scams, wasted ICO's and over promises. This is not James fault as it is what is currently a sea of scammy ICO's and failed promises.

With amount of money raised close to 6000 BTC just for the Supernet, I'm kinda disappointed that we still don't have a full release. Iguana is still months away from showing us anything working.

James I'm sorry, I wish you luck...I really do. But you won't be getting any Bitcoin from me this time, I will be waiting for my initial investments in you to see the light of day first.

Peace

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Komodo continues the path BTCD was on: anonymity. The price of BTCD was determinated by the average price in August, so no info were spread. Otherwise the price could have been artificially rised to make them worth more.

Not too bright, are you?

Insider trading at its finest, folks

The whole BTCD community was expecting an announcement, which of course drove the price up.

The actual Komodo team was put in place in the last second, when the price was around where it currently is.

Some of the people are unhappy that the price of BTCD was so low, while some will - I'm sure - say that the price of BTCD is too big. We believe this to be fair swap rate, from the perspective of both parties.
legendary
Komodo continues the path BTCD was on: anonymity. The price of BTCD was determinated by the average price in August, so no info were spread. Otherwise the price could have been artificially rised to make them worth more.

Not too bright, are you?

please show the prior months price action that shows a somewhat regular up and down cycle.
legendary

Nice idea, it comes at the right time!  Smiley

Believe me or not, I felt something was coming.

Yes, these are the features we need and the rebranding is ok, IMO. So will the blockchain have a new start with Komodo? Slim chain?

Tensely awaiting more good news.
yes komodo chain will start fresh, one advantage of the swap method chosen
Activity: 546
what project is this? komodo is from my homeland
legendary
Everyone has started to shout against this ICO. What happened? I think technical developments don't need to showcase visually. It has to be discovered technically by performance and analysis not by visual presentation.
There is some strange theory that without a GUI there is no value to a project.

I think this means that unix for the longest of times was totally worthless and there have been many coins that for a long time was command line only, you know, something called bitcoin.

docs.supernet.org is a list of iguana API

anybody can submit bugs and issues

we have people paid to test and find bugs and they are finding a few, which I fix as they are found.

Now I am a C dev that does low level core API and I have. Projects like MGW have been done and running for over a year, maybe its 2 years now. iguana is working well enough for fully functional GUI to be made and there are two different GUI in various stages of development, along with installers for unix, osx, win32, win64 and chrome app. SuperNET has created the SN lite GUI for NXT, but that seems to get no credit toward completion of projects.

I will be using iguana to implement the bitcoin interfacing required in komodo. komodo is a usecase of iguana tech. iguana is the platform level codebase and so now the time is come to build things on top of that platform. dPoW is a relatively small and well defined module to complete and I will add that into a zcash fork.

Before anybody puts in money, please make sure you are comfortable that I will achieve this. Either because you trust in my tech skills or you see it working on testnet.

Most of the shouting is from people who wanted a quick pump and are disappointed it isnt going to be quick. I have explained our rationale and wont get into it again. I have yet to hear a single proposal that would have solved all the constraints, the biggest being price pumping out of self-interest of BTCD holders. I had to make a judgement call on behalf of everyone and it is what it is.

The only credible criticism I have heard so far is the lack of project completion. There have been reasons given for the delays, but iguana is about as done as any large scale project can be done. So it is time to package it up into nice GUI with installers and that process has begun.

For people that want to evaluate at the command line level on your own you can via my github.com/jl777/SuperNET repo. You might get a head start on the others that wait. I am constantly updating the repo but I do try to stabilize it as quickly as possible. production versions are made from a snapshot during stable times and go through a test procedure.

By necessity I am not personally involved in this testing, as the coder cant be the production tester of his own work. At this point I am still working in the iguana codebase, but at the higher levels of abstraction and rarely making any changes to the lower level code.

I took a few days off to code up a steemit liquidity awards bot, which worked and earned ~$10K in rewards in the week that it ran before the awards were stopped. To my knowledge my bot was the first one other than the insider's bots that earned the liquidity reward multiple times. My experiences about this are well documented. What does it mean? It shows that in one week I created a real money handling bot that competed against all the existing bots and managed to win awards. Something that few if any other outsider's bots did.

Does that count as a finished release? I did it on personal time one weekend.

Anyway, the question you need to answer is if I can actually code or not. I have my opinion, others have their opinion. If you are not a coder, ask around to find out how much work it is to write an entire bitcoin protocol from network wire protocol, script processing, secp signatures to RPC layer, from scratch without using external libraries. And if 9 months is a horribly long time to achieve this.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

https://i.imgur.com/W1odI3J.png

Not too bright, are you?

Set Your Ideas Free

Yes, these are the features we need and the rebranding is ok, IMO. So will the blockchain have a new start with Komodo? Slim chain?

Glad to hear that!

We have an article coming that explain little bit more about dPoW! We hope it makes the concept more clear.

You don't have to wait long!

Interesting insight!

I'm happy not only me understands the situation/logic/numbers.

BTW if this decision was done for good of BTCD holders, why it was not consulted with them?

I'm also hoping ICO will get as little as needed, and all other coins will go to BTCD. But this is somhow contradictionary to what was said about fixed price for KMD...

Indeed ICO investors should be confused seeing the jump and 5x gain lost in BTCD and see sth is not good here (assuming ICO will max 30k BTC)

The new features of Komodo required capital. There is no way to have these features without having a new ICO.

We had to think a way to make the new ICO fair to both new investors as well as the BTCD holders. Of course we cannot please everyone, but we hope that everyone will begin to see what we are trying to achieve.
Activity: 658
methodic madness

Set Your Ideas Free
legendary
The reason for all this is pretty simple the project needs to raise funds so James and his team can create the tech for all this and finance the dPoW algorithm. This is only possible with the freshly raise BTC.

But this dilutes the f*#k out of BTCD holders. Now we swap from a pool of 1.2 M total BTCD to 200 M Komodo....how is this good? BTCD holders need to have the same percent of komodo as they held BTCD...nothing less or we get f*#ked.

we are not really getting diluted, because the value of BTCD swapped for KMD increases proportionally with the dilution.

so if you end up with 1/5 of something that has 5* the value. as jl777 succinctly put it on slack: it is like exchanging ONE 5$ bill for FIVE 1$ bills.
or with 1/2 of something that has 2* the value.

and the revshare asset more than compensates for 10 weeks suspended price action.

Yea, I'm almost convinced...but not yet. I am trigger shy after losing a lot on nxt assets and previous failed icos. BTCD has been steady income with great stake profits and a good smaller lot of committed supporters..now it goes corporate.
no corporation
5% staking continues with komodo
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
askNFTY Team Account
Everyone has started to shout against this ICO. What happened? I think technical developments don't need to showcase visually. It has to be discovered technically by performance and analysis not by visual presentation.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
The reason for all this is pretty simple the project needs to raise funds so James and his team can create the tech for all this and finance the dPoW algorithm. This is only possible with the freshly raise BTC.

But this dilutes the f*#k out of BTCD holders. Now we swap from a pool of 1.2 M total BTCD to 200 M Komodo....how is this good? BTCD holders need to have the same percent of komodo as they held BTCD...nothing less or we get f*#ked.
current max coins is 22 million, so it is about 9x increase
and the number of komodo will be a corresponding multiplier, like a stock split
in the even no ICO funds come in, BTCD holders will have the same percent of komodo as now.

please calm down

So, the less outsiders buy into KMD ICO the larger percentage of KMD will go to BTCD holders?! This means, to protect my investment, I should start a massive FUD campaign against KMD Cheesy to acquire as many KMD as possible while buying into BTCD Cheesy very interesting situation.

BTW jl777 when a bird shits on your head you should actually buy a lottery ticket ASAP because it is deemed to be an indicator of really good luck.  Grin

+1 I support massive KMD fud campaign so BTCD holders benefit more.
ninjalaunching ICO without warning is not nice, as BTCD holder I feel betrayed

Lets FUD the shit out of Komodo and jl777 so only absolute madman actually buy ICO.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Interesting insight!

I'm happy not only me understands the situation/logic/numbers.

BTW if this decision was done for good of BTCD holders, why it was not consulted with them?

I'm also hoping ICO will get as little as needed, and all other coins will go to BTCD. But this is somhow contradictionary to what was said about fixed price for KMD...

Indeed ICO investors should be confused seeing the jump and 5x gain lost in BTCD and see sth is not good here (assuming ICO will max 30k BTC)

current max coins is 22 million, so it is about 9x increase
and the number of komodo will be a corresponding multiplier, like a stock split
in the even no ICO funds come in, BTCD holders will have the same percent of komodo as now.

please calm down

So, the less outsiders buy into KMD ICO the larger percentage of KMD will go to BTCD holders?! This means, to protect my investment, I should start a massive FUD campaign against KMD Cheesy to acquire as many KMD as possible while buying into BTCD Cheesy very interesting situation.

BTW jl777 when a bird shits on your head you should actually buy a lottery ticket ASAP because it is deemed to be an indicator of really good luck.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
Just another, now like Crypti/Lisk, ico from James Roll Eyes
Give me money and i'l code you something. Grin
BTW, who will pay all this transaction fees in Bitcoin and what happen when Komodo fees will not be enough to pay them? Huh

Hey, troll, I knew you would make exit here in your usual manner... And I have been 100% right.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

CryptoCard
Teleport
Telepathy
InstantDEX
PAX
Pangea
NeoDice
Jay
Crypto777
Skynet
NXTPrivacy
SuperNET

All projects which jl777 has either developed or had a share in issuing the asset for, which have to date produced NOTHING of value. They raised thousands of btc 2 years ago, and now want more after releasing 0 working product? You can't just tell people to 'git clone and run' your project, you have to make it presentable and useable in some form. Nobody is gonna download and run 'iguana' unless you make a damn release. Isn't gonna happen.

Now they want another 30k btc? For what? Where are the exact funds accounting from supernet ico?

keep moving folks
Activity: 585

we are not really getting diluted, because the value of BTCD swapped for KMD increases proportionally with the dilution.

so if you end up with 1/5 of something that has 5* the value. as jl777 succinctly put it on slack: it is like exchanging ONE 5$ bill for FIVE 1$ bills.
or with 1/2 of something that has 2* the value.

and the revshare asset more than compensates for 10 weeks suspended price action.

Yea, I'm almost convinced...but not yet. I am trigger shy after losing a lot on nxt assets and previous failed icos. BTCD has been steady income with great stake profits and a good smaller lot of committed supporters..now it goes corporate.
Jump to: