Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 873. (Read 1191723 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
BTCD Valuation for the swap

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

If you are a BTCD holder, keep an eye on the BTCD thread. Tomorrow we will post more information there, such as what does this mean for BTCD.

Is BTCD swapped for Komodo eligible for early bird bonuses too?

BTCD will be swapped at the end of the ICO, so it is not eligible for any further bonuses.
WTF. That's messed up.

BTCD holders will benefit from Komodo. The revenue share that was promised won't go over to Komodo holders, but instead BTCD holders will get an asset.

So as a BTCD holder you get both: Komodo coins and a new asset entitled to the revenue share.

The BTCD price has been trading below 0.00532074.

More details tomorrow on the BitcoinDark thread. You can also join our slack channel #btcd

Be happy dear BTCD holders!  Cool

Do I get it right? BTCD holders have 3 options:

1) invest in ICO for the equivilant value of of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC.
2) wait till after the ICO ends to swap to Komodo for an yet to be announced exchange rate.
3) just keep BTCD

You cannot swap for Komodo until the snapshot has been made.

First there is the snapshot -> you get a new asset
after you can swap your BTCD to Komodo (you have one year to do this) -> you get Komodo coins

You get both, and you should absolutely swap, there is nothing to lose

Hope this is clear now for everyone!
Activity: 474
Merit: 261
GBM

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

what if BTCD goes up in price above 0.0053 BTC?

Then dont buy.

Just a quick calculation. If i buy now at 400k sats then technically I am getting a 33% bonus by swapping. You have just capped the price of btc to 425k sats
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
So, credit for owning BTCD and then a swap for new coins as well?
Activity: 647
Merit: 260

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

If you are a BTCD holder, keep an eye on the BTCD thread. Tomorrow we will post more information there, such as what does this mean for BTCD.

Is BTCD swapped for Komodo eligible for early bird bonuses too?

BTCD will be swapped at the end of the ICO, so it is not eligible for any further bonuses.
WTF. That's messed up.

BTCD holders will benefit from Komodo. The revenue share that was promised won't go over to Komodo holders, but instead BTCD holders will get an asset.

So as a BTCD holder you get both: Komodo coins and a new asset entitled to the revenue share.

The BTCD price has been trading below 0.00532074.

More details tomorrow on the BitcoinDark thread. You can also join our slack channel #btcd

Be happy dear BTCD holders!  Cool

Do I get it right? BTCD holders have 3 options:

1) invest in ICO for the equivilant value of of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC.
2) wait till after the ICO ends to swap to Komodo for an yet to be announced exchange rate.
3) just keep BTCD

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

In order to simplify the BTCD to KMD swap, a fixed exchange rate of 1.0 BTCD to 0.00532074 BTC was established, meaning that if you send one BTCD you will receive 0.00532074 BTC worth of Komodo. This exchange rate was determined by adding a 50% bonus to the daily closing price average of August.  The  swapping process will take place after the ICO and detailed information will be posted soon.

what if BTCD goes up in price above 0.0053 BTC?
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Sounds interesting! Subscribed and following! Smiley

Also I can do Greek translation, if there is a bounty!
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
what if the coins are at poloniex. then can't get the benefit. only if poloniex distributes

yes. Please all withdraw until the end of ICO. Maybe we can bring poloniex to redeem the benefit and distribute to the customers. But this is unlikely

but we wont get the benefit at the ICO, hence the 50% bonus right? sounds good
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
what if the coins are at poloniex. then can't get the benefit. only if poloniex distributes

yes. Please all withdraw until the end of ICO. Maybe we can bring poloniex to redeem the benefit and distribute to the customers. But this is unlikely
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
So only btcd swappers are elegible for all the promised supernet revenues?

All BTCD holders are eligible.

so the snapshot is as of august 31st?

Snapshot will be at the end of the ICO, so around November 20th
legendary
Activity: 817
So only btcd swappers are elegible for all the promised supernet revenues?
so the snapshot is as of august 31st?
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1006

this part i dont understand

The nodes will generate transaction fees while processing them through bitcoin network. At least this is what I understood. And I'm right, this is really an interesting idea and should definetly entertain it.

We are once again in a period of searching and creating the most anonymous coin. This could be the one. However the required funds to run this operation should be too much and I guess you won't be able to achiev it if you can't at least collect a minimum number.

Anyway, always appericiate the new ideas. I might hop in with my friends on day one if you guys keep up your professionalsim until the start of the ICO.

Good luck.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
So can anyone of the team confirm that BTCD will be swapped to KMD and
BTCD will cease to exist after the swap?

You can't kill a decentralized network, but we urge everyone to swap to Komodo.
ETC vs ETH repeated?

Wink

No, because here you must decide on one network. If you don't swap you won't get free coins on the other network too.

how free when its at the end of the ICO with no bonus and swapping your coins

The "free" was a reference to the ETH vs ETC massacre.

You get a bonus on the average closing price of august.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132
Hey James, great work man. Cheesy

I suppose that Polo and Bittrex will do the swap so Komodo/BTC market can be open just the next days after the ICO ends right? I wouldn't like to wait months to trade Komodo in the exchanges... Wink

a bit of time will be needed after ICO ends to create the genesis block and exchanges like to have a mainnet working for a few weeks, so trading in 2 days is unlikely

however since BTCD will be a proxy for komodo, it could start trading as if it were komodo. hard to predict
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

[/quote]

BTCD holders have the right to part of some superNET revenues. This rev-share will be distributed in a snapshot onto an asset-chain in Komodo (James will post more details on this). Every BTCD holder in the snapshot will receive this token.

ETC vs ETH repeated?

Wink

No, because here you must decide on one network. If you don't swap you won't get free coins on the other network too.

how free when its at the end of the ICO with no bonus and swapping your coins
legendary
Activity: 1498

ETC vs ETH repeated?

Wink

There is your challenge BTCD devs!

But I suppose they are in Komodo company now  Tongue

[/quote]

legendary
Activity: 1120
LMAO

30,000 BTC ICO

Oh, don't worry. It'll get close to this..

Time me that ICO BTC addresss. I want to be first.
Jump to: