Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 199. (Read 352596 times)

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
How many leafs have been mined thus far?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
as soon as LEAF start to rise, other coins began to fall in coinmarket. people  sold the other coins to buy LEAF
Activity: 112
@C3ALL That's a very interesting way of dealing with this problem!

As you mentioned, no one at all benefit from multipools! Except for the pool owners of course, with a 6% fee the middlecoin owner must be a millionare by now. But for everyone else it's a loss! It's not that hard to find a altcoin you believe in and to start mining it yourself, without coinwarz or multipool telling you to do so. And the payoff in long term will be much, much higher!
Anyone else having issues with Hash.so pool? it started showing my hashrate as 0, yet when I look at CGMiner it is clearly submitting shares to the pool.  Seems to have started about 40 minutes ago.

im good
Activity: 40
Anyone else having issues with Hash.so pool? it started showing my hashrate as 0, yet when I look at CGMiner it is clearly submitting shares to the pool.  Seems to have started about 40 minutes ago.
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
Fontas ‏@Fontase  1h
Boarding the #coinedup Leafcoin train before it leaves the station.

Fontas ‏@Fontase  5m
Just to clarify: I'm not actually pumping Leafcoin although I have bought in. I still expect quite a lot growth from here.

I realize the guy is quite the tool but he's got a lot of followers. Strap in, boys.  Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Coinedup is doing wonders for Leaf's though...already trading @ 26  Smiley

Their lack of sheer volume of dumpers should help continue to drag up the CoinMarket price.

Weekend = 40sat I think. Worth to wait. HOLD
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
I think I've met someone with the same oppinion! Smiley I'd like to get rid of them for good, don't know how though... Is it possible to 'hide' the diff somehow? Or to make the diff higher to begin with as a very big miner joins in? I know theese suggestions aren't really fair either, but they really rape the market!

If the people who own the exchanges take the long term view (a week rather than a day) on the income they wish to make from trading, then they would just ban or confiscate any coins from the multipools and share with the people mining/trading/holding the coin.

Just think if you were the first exchange to publicly announce that you would confiscate any coins that you discovered were deposited by multipools and automatically add them to the balances of the other holders of the coin based on the the percentage of the coin they hold on your exchange...

The only people buying a coin are those that either A) believe in its long term value, or B) believe it will rise in price shortly.   Neither A or B are helped by multipools, so imho no buyer of LEAF would benefit from the mass sale of coins by a multipool.

So in this scenario, we have a group of buyers that dont want to see a multipool dump.  A group of sellers that also dont want to see a multipool dump and ruin their chances of selling at a decent rate.

Along comes a multipool and deposits X Million coins, much more than any other single user and instantly sells.  In future, if these coins were just confiscated and distributed among the true holders of the coin, then this would cause a sh*tstorm of publicity.  Every single person trading that coin who believes in it would jump onto that exchange to trade, increasing the exchanges commissions massiveley.  The people left behind on the other excganges would fear that the multipool will just dump there instead, so they will leave.

Results:

It may promote higher prices on an exchange where multipools have their deposits confiscated.
Multipools will only then be able to sell at rock bottom prices elsewhere, which gives true traders a bit of a bonus.
If this action is taken on all coins on that exchange, then multipools would be forced to drop all those coins from their hit list
Multipool drones will not be very happy having mined for maybe hours, for zero and will become disilusioned with the whole multipool idea.
Multipools eventually die.

If there is a way of spotting multipool trading on an exchange and taking this action, then the exchange will receive massive positive publicity from the altcoin network.  The first exchange to take this action would see a massive influx of trades.  The only way that other exchanges will keep their market share would be to take the same action.  Eventually all exchanges would have to do it to survive.  Which in turn, would kill the multipools dead.  No need for any gravity well, just common sense at the exchange level.
Activity: 236
Coinedup is doing wonders for Leaf's though...already trading @ 26  Smiley

Their lack of sheer volume of dumpers should help continue to drag up the CoinMarket price.
Activity: 84
its hard to go to Coinedup, when you see the coinmarket speed...
Activity: 126
EXPLORER DOESNT WORK !

nobody is worried?!? ppl only think about growing price?!? I wanted to check some things and blockexplorer didn't work like 3 days ago and I did a post about that!

It was already posted and a 2nd block explorer reward is issued.
There is no protection from these mindless drones of multipools.  Every single coin that has any signs of becoming in any way popular is screwed by these morons.  The only way to avoid it is for it to do a doge and the newtwork has rate be so much higher than even the multipools hash rate that they dont bother with it.  But by then the coin is established any way.  This is the never ending battle between wanting to keep a coin under the radar, and wanting to increase its popularity.

Once the block halves then it may help, but of prices continue upward, the coin will still be pegged back to the same value per MH/s as every other coin that they hit.  The brainless morons that do this are happy to suck up 0.007 BTC per MH/s per day and live with it.  Hopefully whatever exchange they are dumpig at (probably coinmarket as they were mining it before it went on coined up), will just IP ban them and keep the deposits.  Thats what I would do for any multipool deposits - they are killing coins and keeping the value low, so the commissions to the exchange are low.  Those coins would be mined anyway whether the multipool were mining or not, its just that the coins would be distributed amongst a group of people that are more likely to care about the value and its longevity, and the value will rise.  When these coins are then traded at a later date, the commissions to the exchange are greater, as the value is greater.

The whole basic concept of multipools that do this is flawed, they simply stunt the growth of the very market they feed on.  Utterly stupid, indeed the only people more stupid are those pointing their rigs at these pools, because they get lower payouts than they would just mining for themselves, and the only person making any decent BTC is the person running the pool who doesnt even need a rig.   Yet more and more of these morons just mine away with the multipools.

I think I've met someone with the same oppinion! Smiley I'd like to get rid of them for good, don't know how though... Is it possible to 'hide' the diff somehow? Or to make the diff higher to begin with as a very big miner joins in? I know theese suggestions aren't really fair either, but they really rape the market!
Sorry to say, but soon middlecoin, multipool and the rest of the incapacitated bunch of miners will notice LEAF. Do we have any plan how to deal with this? I think there's a big risk that the diff will rock between really high and really low... Kimoto?

How did Doge and moon made?

True! But I think there's a slight difference since the profit-switching pools stayed mining doge over a long time, even after diff change... And doge have a huge community. Maybe I'm more concerned than I need to be, I just hate those pools!
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
There is no protection from these mindless drones of multipools.  Every single coin that has any signs of becoming in any way popular is screwed by these morons.  The only way to avoid it is for it to do a doge and the newtwork has rate be so much higher than even the multipools hash rate that they dont bother with it.  But by then the coin is established any way.  This is the never ending battle between wanting to keep a coin under the radar, and wanting to increase its popularity.

Once the block halves then it may help, but of prices continue upward, the coin will still be pegged back to the same value per MH/s as every other coin that they hit.  The brainless morons that do this are happy to suck up 0.007 BTC per MH/s per day and live with it.  Hopefully whatever exchange they are dumpig at (probably coinmarket as they were mining it before it went on coined up), will just IP ban them and keep the deposits.  Thats what I would do for any multipool deposits - they are killing coins and keeping the value low, so the commissions to the exchange are low.  Those coins would be mined anyway whether the multipool were mining or not, its just that the coins would be distributed amongst a group of people that are more likely to care about the value and its longevity, and the value will rise.  When these coins are then traded at a later date, the commissions to the exchange are greater, as the value is greater.

The whole basic concept of multipools that do this is flawed, they simply stunt the growth of the very market they feed on.  Utterly stupid, indeed the only people more stupid are those pointing their rigs at these pools, because they get lower payouts than they would just mining for themselves, and the only person making any decent BTC is the person running the pool who doesnt even need a rig.   Yet more and more of these morons just mine away with the multipools.

EDIT:  I truly hope that this gravity well thing will catch on and kill these multipools and their mindless drones come begging for help figuring out how to trade, when to trade and what to trade.  They will get no help from me.
mcg
Activity: 196
Sorry to say, but soon middlecoin, multipool and the rest of the incapacitated bunch of miners will notice LEAF. Do we have any plan how to deal with this? I think there's a big risk that the diff will rock between really high and really low... Kimoto?

if community decides we have to implement kimoto.. we will do it. its up to them.

right now i dont see the immediate need for it.
Activity: 113

How did Doge and moon made?
in coinedup today exchange volume is about 100.000.000 already (50 btc+)
mcg
Activity: 196
The only blockexplorer currently available is down again.

We will provide a 300k bounty for the first person that sets up another block explorer.

Preferred is an abe explorer.

PM me when implemented.

We need more than one blockexplorer.

Thank you!

will add to op as well.

UPDATE: a new block explorer will be implemented this evening.

Bounty reserved.

How fast can we get one?

this evening one will be implemented ( within 8 hours ).

i have messaged the current block explorer admin again

i am currently very busy with other things for leafcoin, might have set it up myself otherwise.

if you can provide a block explorer faster... let me know
Activity: 113
The only blockexplorer currently available is down again.

We will provide a 300k bounty for the first person that sets up another block explorer.

Preferred is an abe explorer.

PM me when implemented.

We need more than one blockexplorer.

Thank you!

will add to op as well.

UPDATE: a new block explorer will be implemented this evening.

Bounty reserved.

How fast can we get one?
Jump to: