Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 197. (Read 352596 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

By delaying the release of our Trade API and other API's, we are throttling down the dumps from multipools.
But thats about all we can do. We cant confiscate somebodys coins.

If it is possible to identify an account that is doing the private dumping on behalf of the multipool (such is the case for Hashcows), then I see no reason why this action cant be taken.  You would only receive positive reception from the people who are mining this individually and not part of an alt coin bashing army of multipool drones.

Hashcows was mining this when coinmarket was the only exchange trading it, so they most certainly are using your exchange to dump coins.

Those coins would have been mined anyway by the current miners, and just distributed between a smaller group of people.  So they would have been traded at some point in time on your exchange, just maybe a little later when the value has risen.  Would the exchange prefer 0.1% of 10M coins sold at an average 40 satoshi over a period of a week, or would they prefer 0.1% of 10M coinst dumped at 20?   Simple economics.

The first exchange to do this and start confiscating multipool coins would have a massive influx of traders who want to deal away from the multipool effect.

If you dont think this theory can work, feel free to send me the source code for your exchange site, Ill set it up in the UK with a great big banner warning that any coins deposited from multipool sources will be confiscated, I'd send you half the commissions and Ill confiscate multipool coins if they can be identified.  See where people decide to trade...  As soon as one exchange does this, they will all have to do the same.  Multipools will be crippled as they would have nowhere to trade without massive risk, the values of coins will be allowed to rise naturally and commissions to exchanges woul rise.

What are the possible negative outcomes?  A bunch of multipool drones and owners get annoyed that their coins were confiscated?  And, so what?  If they were warned up front, then they can't bitch about it, and the miners would not want to be part of a pool that risked losing their efforts.  The power to kill multipools and raise the value of coins is in the hands of the exchanges, it just takes somebody to be first.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
anybody thinks 100 is too optimistic?
CoinMarket.io asking the community:
do most of you agree that we should raise fees to 0.15% to expand the team faster
(and thus make an better exchange)?
mcg
Activity: 196
Does block halving mean the coin supply is cut in half?

yes we will enter this part of code:

else if (nHeight < 30000)
    {
        cseed_str = prevHash.ToString().substr(7,7);   // total amount: 3,750,000,000
        cseed = cseed_str.c_str();   // 10 days
        seed = hex2long(cseed);   // supply: 11250000000
        rand1 = generateMTRandom(seed, 499999);   // generate random value with mt
        nSubsidy = (1 + rand1) * COIN;
    }

before it was

rand = generateMTRandom(seed, 999999);   // generate random value with mt
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
https://www.coinmarket.io/market/LEAFBTC

This is main exchange for now I think.
And works better than coinedup.
Look at https://www.coinmarket.io/market/LEAFBTC and then at https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=LEAF&base=BTC  Wink

coinmarket.io over coinedup.com any time of the day!
so much faster! the layout is usable. coinedup is a pit of lags

CoinMarket.io is definitely the main exchange right now, considering speed, volume and buy support.
Thanks for all the action! It has been a journey (coinmarket.io is now 2 weeks old).

1.5MH/s of hashcows on it.  Incoming dump alert....
This is why the coinmarket exchange needs to take action against this sort of thing, just identify the pool deposits and confiscate them.

By delaying the release of our Trade API and other API's, we are throttling down the dumps from multipools.

Btw: will anybody mind if we raise fees to 0.15%? We need to expand the team fast Smiley

I'm sure people will "mind" the fee raise, since it cuts into their profits, but it should also be completely supported by the community in order to keep your exchange running.  a fee of 0.15% is still smaller then fees for most coints on Cryptsy, you may loose some action to CoinedUp with their 0 Fees, but really 0.15% is so minimal most people shouldn't notice it.
Activity: 224
Everytime I enter this topic the hash has increased with one gig lol

thought the same - was the reason why i finally bought in at 23.
Hope this will go well. Lost a bunch of money yesterday.
Can´t afford another one  Cheesy

Let's hope you'll win it back this weekend Smiley Once china starts trading for full again again everything will go up.

When will they start full trading again?

The new years celebration is over tonight or tomorrow I believe, I not sure. A friend of a friend is living in Shanghai and he said no one is working,  theya re all shooting fireworks and having a good time Tongue
Activity: 113
Less than 31 hours to block halving... That was fast..

This is going very fast...

Leaf will rule...

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
Does block halving mean the coin supply is cut in half?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
Less than 31 hours to block halving... That was fast..
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
11.17 GH/s !!!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
SellALL, BuyBTC
Diff 11.17 GH/s  Grin
https://www.coinmarket.io/market/LEAFBTC

This is main exchange for now I think.
And works better than coinedup.
Look at https://www.coinmarket.io/market/LEAFBTC and then at https://coinedup.com/OrderBook?market=LEAF&base=BTC  Wink

coinmarket.io over coinedup.com any time of the day!
so much faster! the layout is usable. coinedup is a pit of lags

CoinMarket.io is definitely the main exchange right now, considering speed, volume and buy support.
Thanks for all the action! It has been a journey (coinmarket.io is now 2 weeks old).

This is why the coinmarket exchange needs to take action against this sort of thing, just identify the pool deposits and confiscate them.

Activity: 113

Let's hope you'll win it back this weekend Smiley Once china starts trading for full again again everything will go up.

When will they start full trading again?
mcg

we are working on china....
Activity: 224

mcg
eta blockhalve: 20140202T084041

Activity: 112
When comparing the sell walls with buy walls, using BTC as the common component is a little misleading.

Example.

I buy 1M Leaf for 15 satoshi.   I require 0.15btc  thats actual existing real btc sat on the exchange needed to make that figure.

If I get my 1m Leaf and put a sell order in at 30 satoshi, then its a 0.3BTC sell order.  However... half that BTC on the sell order does not exist...yet.   Yes it will take an investment of 0.3BTC to clear that sell wall, but the seller may if it gets close be inclined to sell for 0.25, or even 0.2.  Its still a decent profit margin of 30%, but not all the BTC on the sell wall is fixed and set in stone, much of it doesnt exist.  So compare the volumes of LEAF being sold to the the current sell price to gain an indication of the actual value of BTC on the sell side imho.  Its only worth what the highest buyer is willing to pay, so take the last trade value and multiply that by the volume of leaf to see the BTC on the sell side in reality.

Thanks for the response, makes sense

i dont think that it is unreasonable to believe LEAF can reach DGB prices.
Devs just need to step up a little

I think that after block halve, there will be a nice pump...

Just need to hold

When will the block halve?
Monday I think!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
When comparing the sell walls with buy walls, using BTC as the common component is a little misleading.

Example.

I buy 1M Leaf for 15 satoshi.   I require 0.15btc  thats actual existing real btc sat on the exchange needed to make that figure.

If I get my 1m Leaf and put a sell order in at 30 satoshi, then its a 0.3BTC sell order.  However... half that BTC on the sell order does not exist...yet.   Yes it will take an investment of 0.3BTC to clear that sell wall, but the seller may if it gets close be inclined to sell for 0.25, or even 0.2.  Its still a decent profit margin of 30%, but not all the BTC on the sell wall is fixed and set in stone, much of it doesnt exist.  So compare the volumes of LEAF being sold to the the current sell price to gain an indication of the actual value of BTC on the sell side imho.  Its only worth what the highest buyer is willing to pay, so take the last trade value and multiply that by the volume of leaf to see the BTC on the sell side in reality.

Thanks for the response, makes sense

i dont think that it is unreasonable to believe LEAF can reach DGB prices.
Devs just need to step up a little

I think that after block halve, there will be a nice pump...

Just need to hold

When will the block halve?
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
WOW   Grin

9016.13 MH/s

Diff 109.43

This is why the coinmarket exchange needs to take action against this sort of thing, just identify the pool deposits and confiscate them.  Cause them to waste their time andthey will bugger off.  All they do is leave the coin with high difficulty for everyone else to work through.  Sadly, without gravity well or actions from the exchanges, all coins will suffer at the hands of these morons.
Jump to: