Author

Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers - page 2265. (Read 3073023 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509
Decentralized Application Platform
Max, he says with 1300 and BTC and ETH discounts, there is no discount really. NO DISCOUNT. You need to choose, 1300 and that's it, or just a plain simple ICO with 3 coins accepted.

Let's say we will simply accept 3 coins. BTC, ETH and XCR. All is well and people will exchange their XCR for LISK.

What conversion rate will you use for the exchanged XCR? You need to get back to a common denominator in our case BTC. The 1300 satoshi are simply this. Else someone could dump enough XCR on the market to bring the price down to 50 satoshi to get a competitive advantage in our ICO. This way all XCR holders and those who exchanged their XCR for LISK would be screwed.
Hm... I am just saying you should not give any discount for BTC and ETH. 1300 is a very good price for XCR.

Unfortunately, it's necessary for us to get enough BTC in order to build Lisk out into a huge and successful platform. All XCR we collect are practically worthless, we can do nothing with them.

On the 6th we will publish many more details about our ICO. Please wait until then to get the whole picture. At that point of time we can discuss our ICO system with the community.  Smiley
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Bigboss
Max, he says with 1300 and BTC and ETH discounts, there is no discount really. NO DISCOUNT. You need to choose, 1300 and that's it, or just a plain simple ICO with 3 coins accepted.

Let's say we will simply accept 3 coins. BTC, ETH and XCR. All is well and people will exchange their XCR for LISK.

What conversion rate will you use for the exchanged XCR? You need to get back to a common denominator in our case BTC. The 1300 satoshi are simply this. Else someone could dump enough XCR on the market to bring the price down to 50 satoshi to get a competitive advantage in our ICO. This way all XCR holders and those who exchanged their XCR for LISK would be screwed.
Hm... I am just saying you should not give any discount for BTC and ETH. 1300 is a very good price for XCR.

Activity: 441
Merit: 250
Bigboss
Being Open Source

As of yesterday, all Lisk source code repositories are now open source. For this purpose we have registered a GitHub organization in order to create a clean repository structure. Therefore, we invite all open source enthusiasts and Node.js developers to take a look.

Get the full list of Lisk repositories on our blog

Regarding your second paragraph. We set an imaginary 1300 satoshi buy wall with the option to invest with XCR. I don't see a reason why people should get BTC though our ICO with their XCR. They would just dump all they have and we would end up with nothing.

Reserving a percentage of Lisk for XCR holders sounds like a good plan, but in the end we will see that nearly all of these 20% of free Lisk will be dumped on the market. This was always the case in other ICOs.

We will have 1M LISK available for free to all who support us on social media channels or subscribe to our newsletter. More information about this soon.

The way to avoid dumping is to get enough outside investors into the project (btc/eth people). Although I do agree that if it's just primarily XCR people getting into the ICO, free coins/buy wall or not, dumping may be a problem.

Past examples of ICOs with 100% freebie coins do show dumping... at first. Then the market recovers (depending on the coin), those who dumped cry and so on. Those coins died due to just being junk coins, not the initial dumps. If the freebie amount wasn't too much + enough outside investors were onboard, the market should be able to support any dumping too.

But perhaps the wall/freebie coins were a bad idea... not sure. Just thinking aloud as to possible things that could smooth things over a little. You don't want to be stuck with troll types, who ages from now are still harping on XCR/ICO issues ... ie. Dash-like trolls still going on about things from 2 years ago.

The one thing I'm still unsure about is the actual XCR conversion price. I know you mention 1300, but are you talking about before BTC/ETH bonuses, I assume? If so, it's not really 1300 exactly ... such as if BTC people get a 5% bonus, it's more like  1235ish... if it's 30%, it's 1000 sats. Sure hope it's closer to 5% than 30%.

Yes, it's great if you think out loud here. We need further discussions and involvements. Smiley

You are right, the 1300 won't really be 1300 in the end. There will be bonuses for Bitcoin and Ethereum, but this bonus will gradually become smaller and in the last week zero. You will get more information about the ICO on the 6th. We will try to make it as fair as possible.

You said that "if it's just primarily XCR people getting into the ICO", this won't be the case. I suspect there will be a much higher BTC sum than XCR sum.  Wink
Activity: 1204

Regarding your second paragraph. We set an imaginary 1300 satoshi buy wall with the option to invest with XCR. I don't see a reason why people should get BTC though our ICO with their XCR. They would just dump all they have and we would end up with nothing.

Reserving a percentage of Lisk for XCR holders sounds like a good plan, but in the end we will see that nearly all of these 20% of free Lisk will be dumped on the market. This was always the case in other ICOs.

We will have 1M LISK available for free to all who support us on social media channels or subscribe to our newsletter. More information about this soon.

The way to avoid dumping is to get enough outside investors into the project (btc/eth people). Although I do agree that if it's just primarily XCR people getting into the ICO, free coins/buy wall or not, dumping may be a problem.

Past examples of ICOs with 100% freebie coins do show dumping... at first. Then the market recovers (depending on the coin), those who dumped cry and so on. Those coins died due to just being junk coins, not the initial dumps. If the freebie amount wasn't too much + enough outside investors were onboard, the market should be able to support any dumping too.

But perhaps the wall/freebie coins were a bad idea... not sure. Just thinking aloud as to possible things that could smooth things over a little. You don't want to be stuck with troll types, who ages from now are still harping on XCR/ICO issues ... ie. Dash-like trolls still going on about things from 2 years ago.

The one thing I'm still unsure about is the actual XCR conversion price. I know you mention 1300, but are you talking about before BTC/ETH bonuses, I assume? If so, it's not really 1300 exactly ... such as if BTC people get a 5% bonus, it's more like  1235ish... if it's 30%, it's 1000 sats. Sure hope it's closer to 5% than 30%.
Lisk - A new approach

Although Lisk is based on Crypti and is essentially a fork by official ex-members of the Crypti Foundation, our whole general approach will be entirely different.

- Lisk is a Decentralized Startup
- Completely and Always Open Source
- Being more Public
- Documentation, documentation, documentation…
- Solidifying the Core & Adding new Features
- Towards a great future!

Read the full article on our blog!
I will answer above posts as soon as possible. We are currently making some configurations to our servers, our services will be back soon. Smiley

Update: Everything is back to normal again. Thank you for your patience.

Max did not warn the Crypti team of his decision to fork
Unprofessional IMO

Max and Oliver could have been a little more professional in how they left the project.  Max could have let us all know that he wanted to pursue a different and independent direction for DAPPS.

There were two possible directions we could have chosen.

1.) Update the foundation prior about our decision to leave and fork.
2.) Update the foundation and the community at the exact same time.

The first direction could theoretically result in insider trading, arrangements to talk our startup and credibility down, dumping by Foundation members, kicking us out of the Foundation earlier, removing our access to valuable, non-public yet MIT licensed resources we have helped build over the past months and much more.

I don't say that this would have 100% be the case. I just say that there was a very small chance that this could have happened. It's important to see for every community member that we chose the second direction in order to create a fair situation for everyone.

I ask you all to think long-term. You could have sold some XCR in the past weeks in a very small market, or help to turn this code base into something bigger. Something with a huge market cap, with a huge community and with a huge number of dapps in our Dapp Store. Lisk will make the second choice possible. Smiley

The biggest problem you will face actually has nothing to do with Lisk... just the fact you made some (probably a lot) of XCR people angry due to the price dropping + way this was handled.

The 1300 sat thing will help, just not sure if it will help enough. Have you considered things like a 1300 sat buy wall, or something like setting aside a certain percentage of Lisk and simply giving some away to XCR holders? Like taking a wallet snapshot by a certain date, and those people get 20% freebie Lisk, or something similar?

It'd mean less Lisk you can sell during the ICO, but it'd probably mean a lot less angry XCR people too.

I agree. People who lost money are always a problem. However, the market of Crypti was so small that a "dump" of only 30 BTC resulted in this scenario. We specifically mentioned and promised the 1300 satoshi conversion rate for our ICO in our departure blog post. We couldn't have done much more to prevent such a dump. I'm sorry if not every Crypti member saw our departure blog post, as it was deleted from all official Crypti channels.

Why do you think people dumped, because we just brought a bit of reality back into the Crypti community? Because Olivier and I were so important pillars in the Crypti Foundation that it isn't working without us? Everyone can make his own opinion. Smiley

A few other things I want to mention about Crypti's current situation:

1.) In the last 3 days there were more eyes on Crypti than in the last 12 months.
2.) The volume was very high making traders happy and pulls again more eyes on Crypti.
3.) With Lisk there will be many news articles, if people start researching Lisk they will also look at Crypti.

In the end the better project prevails. This is the beauty of open source projects.

Please make sure to be specific on what will happen with the amount of LISK returned due to the refund option available for those that will participate using XCR.  It is very important to be clear on this because the % share of ICO participants would be higher if the refunded folks never joined to begin with.

That said, there would need to be a high % of refunds for the above to have a significant impact, of course.  Why not be clear though?   Wink

You are right. We will specifically mention this case which I promise you will be handled in the best way possible. Wink

Question to authors of LISK:
1. What key (competitive) advantages of LISK in comparison with Crypti ?
2. What reasons of leaving (or separations) from the Crypti command ?

a.) New ICO funds.
b.) A fresh team which is highly motivated to push Lisk forward.
c.) A clear startup structure which prevents stagnant progress.
d.) A CTO with 15 years experience taking the development lead with high industry standards.
e.) Being completely open source and involving the community in bi-weekly meetings.
f.) A new roadmap with new features, which will be published this week.

https://blog.lisk.io/olivier-and-max-leave-crypti-to-establish-lisk-3fd60eb0808f#.qud5j2pev

Can we open another thread for the Lisk vs Crypti arguments
i am a brand new investor and i think i've heard enough.  

Yep! We will move forward now.
Activity: 606
Merit: 513
Question to authors of LISK:
1. What key (competitive) advantages of LISK in comparison with Crypti ?
2. What reasons of leaving (or separations) from the Crypti command ?

I don't think there is a reason for XCR holders to be angry at myself or Max.

We gave more than enough hours to the project, more so than pretty much anyone within the foundation, except Boris.

Whether there is a valid reason or not, it may not matter. Price of XCR went down = angry people.
I was just throwing an idea out there that might smooth things over a little bit.

I'll also mention that I'm not angry... I actually haven't followed things very closely, so I have no reason to be angry... I barely even know what's going on with XCR.  With crypto stuff, I'm not so sure logical reasoning even matters most of the time. It's perception that seems to trump facts.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
LiskHQ CTO

Hey there!
We are Olivier Beddows and Max Kordek, CTO and CEO of Lisk. Most of you probably know us from the Crypti Foundation in which we were active members over the past year.

Read the full article on our blog

PS: We will now begin to publish a Lisk related blog article every day minimum. You can look forward to many information. Smiley

The biggest problem you will face actually has nothing to do with Lisk... just the fact you made some (probably a lot) of XCR people angry due to the price dropping + way this was handled.

The 1300 sat thing will help, just not sure if it will help enough. Have you considered things like a 1300 sat buy wall, or something like setting aside a certain percentage of Lisk and simply giving some away to XCR holders? Like taking a wallet snapshot by a certain date, and those people get 20% freebie Lisk, or something similar?

It'd mean less Lisk you can sell during the ICO, but it'd probably mean a lot less angry XCR people too.

I don't think there is a reason for XCR holders to be angry at myself or Max.

We gave more than enough hours to the project, more so than pretty much anyone within the foundation, except Boris.

I've supported the network since it's genesis, through good times and bad. Plus I'm still running 27 (originally 36) delegates on the Crypti network, as stated in the blog post today. Which if you think about it is quite a commitment, whichever way you look at it.

Plus I've also transferred domains which I paid for into the hands of the foundation as a gesture of good will.

So what's the reason to be angry at us? If anything the anger should be pointed at the foundation for failing to do what they set out to do.

I mean I'm the guy who sat up all night writing press releases, writing code, running delegates, everything: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2015/11/prweb13071297.htm

As far as I see it, we are the guys trying to fix things, by putting the essence of the project on the right path, don't you think?

Anyway, regarding your suggestion about the ICO, the terms of the ICO will be laid out in a future blog post very soon.
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@Mansa_Godson
Can we open another thread for the Lisk vs Crypti arguments
i am a brand new investor and i think i've heard enough. 
Activity: 225
I'm quite certain you know Iam least partially correct
Moreover I know you are conflicted and full of ambivalence
I feel your frustration

Ethereum is the elephant in the room.

It is your destiny. (or is it?)

If you can't beat them join them, or is thee another way?

I levy the same weight from you as Crypti

Why is Lisk better than ETH?

Well I can think of several distinct qualities:

- A beautiful and very friendly user-interface
- Discrete sidechains rather than a monolithic chain
- A wonderfully efficient Delegated-Proof-of-Stake consensus model
- A concise and well though-out application interface (making it very easy to develop dapps)
- The ability to run on ARMv6/ARMv7 Raspberry Pi devices out of the box (check our Binary installs)
- Multi-signature accounts

I could go on, but I have a lot of work to do Wink

If you could go on then you would have
Point #2 is salient (discreet sidechains), the others are not.
The whole ecosytem will continue to receive love,

Beware the words you choose
Do not speak of Love in Crypto
And do not speak of continuing that which you aborted once already.

Credibility is the only currency in crypto.

Hey there!
We are Olivier Beddows and Max Kordek, CTO and CEO of Lisk. Most of you probably know us from the Crypti Foundation in which we were active members over the past year.

Read the full article on our blog

PS: We will now begin to publish a Lisk related blog article every day minimum. You can look forward to many information. Smiley

LiskHQ CTO
I'm quite certain you know Iam least partially correct
I feel your frustration

If you can't beat them join them, or is thee another way?

Well I can think of several distinct qualities:

- A beautiful and very friendly user-interface
- Discrete sidechains rather than a monolithic chain
- A wonderfully efficient Delegated-Proof-of-Stake consensus model
- A concise and well though-out application interface (making it very easy to develop dapps)
- The ability to run on ARMv6/ARMv7 Raspberry Pi devices out of the box (check our Binary installs)
- Multi-signature accounts

I could go on, but I have a lot of work to do Wink
LiskHQ CTO
Unprofessional IMO

And yet u r a member of the crypti team - so WTF is goin on??

I know one thing - I'll find out

Max is the Hearn of Crypti. Agreed?

Max and Oliver could have been a little more professional in how they left the project.  Max could have let us all know that he wanted to pursue a different and independent direction for DAPPS.

I dont see why he could not have been involved in Crypti and his own project.  Most of the team members have other projects they are involved in as well.  

Max and Oliver could have made a soft exit by returning any Crypti assets and access passwords prior to leaving.  It is rarely a good idea to burn bridges.  You never know when you need a good reference.  

We did not know that deleting his access to the Blog would delete his posts, or we would have made backups and reposted.

Max made great contributions to Crypti, including cryptikit and the Linux nodes.  Sorry to see him leave, and even sorrier to see him slam the door on the way out.

Sorry William, but it was me who developed CryptiKit and has been supporting the network: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12905016.

Max and I did massive amounts of work for Crypti. Our whole lives were consumed by it.

We haven't just started doing all of this, we've been at "work" for more than a year now.

Btw, CryptiKit has been rebranded and there will be a new version for Lisk. It's a tool for managing and deploying nodes, very useful for installing Lisk on ARM based devices, cloud-based servers, well anything that supports the SSH protocol.

The whole ecosytem will continue to receive love, I am extremely motivated by our new venture: Lisk.
Following on from our commitment to work as openly as possible.

We have now made public all of our GitHub repositories.

Our GitHub organization can be found here: https://github.com/LiskHQ

Users are welcome to open issues, make pull requests, get involved.

Source code is MIT licensed.

Any questions, please feel to ask.

I'm quite certain you know I am least partially correct
I feel your frustration

If you can't beat them join them (or is thee another way?)

LiskHQ CTO
Following on from our commitment to work as openly as possible.

We have now made public all of our GitHub repositories.

Our GitHub organization can be found here: https://github.com/LiskHQ

Users are welcome to open issues, make pull requests, get involved.

Source code is MIT licensed.

Any questions, please feel to ask.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors
Max,

You did wrong bro
This ICO is unofficially suspended

:|

There are ways to do things and there are ways to not do them. You did the latter.

HUH?

Dont just throw out a flame without an explanation.

As Desi said to Lucy  "You have 'splain to do"

Unprofessional IMO

And yet u r a member of the crypti team - so WTF is goin on??

I know one thing - I'll find out

Max is the Hearn of Crypti. Agreed?

I dont see why he could not have been involved in Crypti and his own project.  Most of the team members have other projects they are involved in as well.  

Max and Oliver could have made a soft exit by returning any Crypti assets and access passwords prior to leaving.  It is rarely a good idea to burn bridges.  You never know when you need a good reference.  

We did not know that deleting his access to the Blog would delete his posts, or we would have made backups and reposted.

Max made great contributions to Crypti, including cryptikit and the Linux nodes.  Sorry to see him leave, and even sorrier to see him slam the door on the way out.
Jump to: