Author

Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers - page 2264. (Read 3073023 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 509
Decentralized Application Platform
This article contains serious factual errors. The actual events are chronicled in my blog post, https://blog.crypti.me/crypti_status_and_commentary_on_recent_team_changes/.

Max and Olivier never raised any concerns to the group about how the project was being run or levels of participation by Board Members in the open discussion on the Slack board prior to presentation of their plan.

Their proposal was released very close to the holiday season which extends for several weeks when the holiday periods of the different countries of team members are combined.

No vote was ever taken by the Foundation on their plan or the alternate plans forward. No further discussion on the topic ever took place by Max's and Olivier's choice after the initial meeting where it was brought up near the end of, but still in, the holiday season. The statement that their plan was rejected by the foundation is inaccurate.

Dilution of existing investment in Crypti was never on the table since this would involve a hard fork to add more XCR. The decision to be made was whether to have XCR holders convert XCR to the new project or do a sharedrop so they could keep their existing XCR and also have a stake in the spin-off.

I have done a Interview with Max, CEO of Lisk. Here is the link (in German):
https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/lisk-interview-mit-ceo-max-kordek/

Litoshi Translation into Plain English:

We were key people on the Crypti project, but the funds at Crypti have almost run out.  We really need another job, because we have a wife/girlfriend.  

We have learned from Etherium's marketing strategy that PR is 10 times more profitable than actual product.  We are pumping this coin for all it is worth.  While Oliver works on code, Max is posting to every blog, twitter, and social media possible.  

We also know that there are lots of greedy people out there that love IPOs.  They all want to be in on the IPO, so they can hopefully get a 5X or 10X return on their IPO coins within a week or two.  

We hope to get hundreds of BTC, maybe even a thousand BTC.  Then we could pay ourselves 50 BTC a month, each.  

Please keep matters concerning the Crypti Foundation to your own thread.

We won't be getting drawn into this petty back and forth, as there is no point in inflaming the situation further.

Therefore, we will ignore your completely false comments, and get on with the job of building Lisk.

We suggest you do the same with Crypti, and let it be.  Smiley
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
If they need BTC funding, we should expect the BTC ICO to be the most appealing(by a substantial amount). Waiting and watching  Wink
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing

We were key people on the Crypti project, but the funds at Crypti have almost run out.  We really need another job, because we have a wife/girlfriend. 

We have learned from Etherium's marketing strategy that PR is 10 times more profitable than actual product.  We are pumping this coin for all it is worth.  While Oliver works on code, Max is posting to every blog, twitter, and social media possible. 

We also know that there are lots of greedy people out there that love IPOs.  They all want to be in on the IPO, so they can hopefully get a 5X or 10X return on their IPO coins within a week or two. 

We hope to get hundreds of BTC, maybe even a thousand BTC.  Then we could pay ourselves 50 BTC a month, each. 

Holy fuck 50 BTC a month!? thats like 18K USD. LOL!!! dreamers dream big.

I guess we can expect the same behavior once their hooker and blow money run out... I will not be investing in this scam.

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

We were key people on the Crypti project, but the funds at Crypti have almost run out.  We really need another job, because we have a wife/girlfriend. 

We have learned from Etherium's marketing strategy that PR is 10 times more profitable than actual product.  We are pumping this coin for all it is worth.  While Oliver works on code, Max is posting to every blog, twitter, and social media possible. 

We also know that there are lots of greedy people out there that love IPOs.  They all want to be in on the IPO, so they can hopefully get a 5X or 10X return on their IPO coins within a week or two. 

We hope to get hundreds of BTC, maybe even a thousand BTC.  Then we could pay ourselves 50 BTC a month, each. 

Activity: 1204
The decision to be made was whether to have XCR holders convert XCR to the new project or do a sharedrop so they could keep their existing XCR and also have a stake in the spin-off.

I like the sharedrop idea, and suggested XCR people get freebie Lisk... although they have a concern regarding dumping... which may be a valid one. However if they do get enough BTC/ETH people onboard, I'm not so sure that concern would be such a big one. They'd get their BTC... have enough volume to survive any dumping... and XCR people would have a stake in the new coin without having to give up their XCR.

On the other hand, XCR people could benefit short-term by an outright 1300 conversion, seeing as it logically would lead to a uptick in price ... (so two ways to escape)...  but not so good for XCR people nor supporters after the ICO is over, assuming a lot of people convert.
Activity: 432
This article contains serious factual errors. The actual events are chronicled in my blog post, https://blog.crypti.me/crypti_status_and_commentary_on_recent_team_changes/.

Max and Olivier never raised any concerns to the group about how the project was being run or levels of participation by Board Members in the open discussion on the Slack board prior to presentation of their plan.

Their proposal was released very close to the holiday season which extends for several weeks when the holiday periods of the different countries of team members are combined.

No vote was ever taken by the Foundation on their plan or the alternate plans forward. No further discussion on the topic ever took place by Max's and Olivier's choice after the initial meeting where it was brought up near the end of, but still in, the holiday season. The statement that their plan was rejected by the foundation is inaccurate.

Dilution of existing investment in Crypti was never on the table since this would involve a hard fork to add more XCR. The decision to be made was whether to have XCR holders convert XCR to the new project or do a sharedrop so they could keep their existing XCR and also have a stake in the spin-off.

https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/lisk-interview-mit-ceo-max-kordek/
Activity: 1069
Merit: 682
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
no discount, but an interessting project
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Maybe i didn`t look sharp enough but i couldn`t find ico price for lisk

It's not there now, this detail you would get at Saturday (6th of Februar)
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Maybe i didn`t look sharp enough but i couldn`t find ico price for lisk
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Waiting for ICO. Interesting really.
Activity: 247
fork from Crypti is not shame if team really do sth different from Crypti.
i will keep follow LISK.
suggest re-think about the ICO price

Thank you. I will update the OP tomorrow and write you on the bounty list. By the way, tomorrow we will publish more information about available bounties.  Smiley

What's wrong with being heavily invested in XCR?, I presume Crypti will not die without you (at this point I must say I'm a good holder of those). Not a fact I will invest anything in LISK, but an advantage would be fare I would think. You guys braking a very nice and promising project lacking full throttle marketing, what if you collect 5BTC? You'll brake everything you've done so far. With XCR investors on your side you are becoming a successor, are you not?

Problem wouldn't be with XCR exactly, just the lack of volume. It'd take them ages to move enough XCR to convert to BTC, to pay anyone.

So long as the discount is reasonable, I think it'd be okay. If we are seeing 30% discount for BTC people, then I think they may make some XCR people angry. They sort of have to pick an in-between number... where BTC people will feel it's enough of an incentive, and where XCR people go, 'Okay, not great, but it's a number I can live with'....

And that reminds me, what guarantees are there in regard to the XCR gathered up during the ICO? I mean, will it be held in an escrow wallet somewhere, locked up safe for a longtime? Otherwise, the situation will be Lisk Devs holding a ton of XCR, which is now their rival ... and it doesn't take much dumping at all to crush the price. I guess that could be a problem...

We will find fair numbers and are of course open to discussions afterwards. Please wait until the 6th, we will break down the numbers in a blog post then. Regarding the XCR escrow, rest assured. Smiley

What's wrong with being heavily invested in XCR?, I presume Crypti will not die without you (at this point I must say I'm a good holder of those). Not a fact I will invest anything in LISK, but an advantage would be fare I would think. You guys braking a very nice and promising project lacking full throttle marketing, what if you collect 5BTC? You'll brake everything you've done so far. With XCR investors on your side you are becoming a successor, are you not?

Problem wouldn't be with XCR exactly, just the lack of volume. It'd take them ages to move enough XCR to convert to BTC, to pay anyone.

So long as the discount is reasonable, I think it'd be okay. If we are seeing 30% discount for BTC people, then I think they may make some XCR people angry. They sort of have to pick an in-between number... where BTC people will feel it's enough of an incentive, and where XCR people go, 'Okay, not great, but it's a number I can live with'....

And that reminds me, what guarantees are there in regard to the XCR gathered up during the ICO? I mean, will it be held in an escrow wallet somewhere, locked up safe for a longtime? Otherwise, the situation will be Lisk Devs holding a ton of XCR, which is now their rival ... and it doesn't take much dumping at all to crush the price. I guess that could be a problem...
Max, he says with 1300 and BTC and ETH discounts, there is no discount really. NO DISCOUNT. You need to choose, 1300 and that's it, or just a plain simple ICO with 3 coins accepted.

Let's say we will simply accept 3 coins. BTC, ETH and XCR. All is well and people will exchange their XCR for LISK.

What conversion rate will you use for the exchanged XCR? You need to get back to a common denominator in our case BTC. The 1300 satoshi are simply this. Else someone could dump enough XCR on the market to bring the price down to 50 satoshi to get a competitive advantage in our ICO. This way all XCR holders and those who exchanged their XCR for LISK would be screwed.
Hm... I am just saying you should not give any discount for BTC and ETH. 1300 is a very good price for XCR.

... All XCR we collect are practically worthless, we can do nothing with them.

Olivier and I forked Crypti, because of the fact that we don't have much confidence in its success anymore. You can probably imagine now why we don't want to hold XCR only. Wink

The investment won't be only 5 BTC, we will take care of that. It already looks quite promising and we are just at the beginning. Again, please wait until the 6th to get more ICO details.
Activity: 441
Bigboss
Max, he says with 1300 and BTC and ETH discounts, there is no discount really. NO DISCOUNT. You need to choose, 1300 and that's it, or just a plain simple ICO with 3 coins accepted.

Let's say we will simply accept 3 coins. BTC, ETH and XCR. All is well and people will exchange their XCR for LISK.

What conversion rate will you use for the exchanged XCR? You need to get back to a common denominator in our case BTC. The 1300 satoshi are simply this. Else someone could dump enough XCR on the market to bring the price down to 50 satoshi to get a competitive advantage in our ICO. This way all XCR holders and those who exchanged their XCR for LISK would be screwed.
Hm... I am just saying you should not give any discount for BTC and ETH. 1300 is a very good price for XCR.

... All XCR we collect are practically worthless, we can do nothing with them.

Unfortunately, it's necessary for us to get enough BTC in order to build Lisk out into a huge and successful platform. All XCR we collect are practically worthless, we can do nothing with them.

On the 6th we will publish many more details about our ICO. Please wait until then to get the whole picture. At that point of time we can discuss our ICO system with the community.  Smiley

I was about to post that same exact observation. If all discounts are equal, folks will just chomp up XCR so long as it's below 1300, then pay for the ICO using just XCR. Great for XCR holders... not so great for you.

So long as the discount is reasonable, I expect it'd be fair to everyone. Or at least fairer than the 800-900 sat range of XCR right now.
Jump to: