Author

Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers - page 2267. (Read 3073023 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Time will tell if it is good project or not, we still need to see terms of ico.
Activity: 594
Merit: 500
yes,one more good project
Activity: 1274
Merit: 250
@LiskHQ ICO will be open to everyone? any planned min/max limits?
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Activity: 546
Merit: 509
Decentralized Application Platform
Is there a bounty for Brazilian Portuguese translation?

Yes! We only listed the most popular languages, but we will accept any language. Smiley

I told the other translators the following:

- The bounty will be paid in LISK and will be paid once our mainnet goes live (in about 7-8 weeks).
- The bounty will be a minimum equivalent of $25, but will probably be more. I can't give any exact numbers here right now, because it's still open how much we can collect in the ICO.
- From time to time we will contact you and ask you if you want to update your translation. For every turn you will receive a further "bounty stake".

Next week we will issue a blog post about different available bounties and how it's going to work. Smiley
OK, then I'll do it!

Great. I'm waiting for the link then. I already marked your language as "work-in-progress". Wink

Could you explain, what is "Round Time"?

Of course. Smiley

At Lisk we have the "block time" which is 10 seconds. This is interval between new blocks.

We have 101 delegates which are taking care of the forging. Everyone of these are forging one block after another in a random order. That means after 101 blocks every delegate forged one block. This is one round, i.e. the "round time".

You calculate it with 10 seconds * 101 delegates / 60 minutes = 16,833333333 minutes. (For an optimal round time)

Yes! We only listed the most popular languages, but we will accept any language. Smiley

- The bounty will be paid in LISK and will be paid once our mainnet goes live (in about 7-8 weeks).
- The bounty will be a minimum equivalent of $25, but will probably be more. I can't give any exact numbers here right now, because it's still open how much we can collect in the ICO.
- From time to time we will contact you and ask you if you want to update your translation. For every turn you will receive a further "bounty stake".

Next week we will issue a blog post about different available bounties and how it's going to work. Smiley
OK, then I'll do it!

Great. I'm waiting for the link then. I already marked your language as "work-in-progress". Wink

Could you explain, what is "Round Time"?

OK, then I'll do it!

OK, then I'll do it!

another ICO without escrow?

Hello AltcoinSteps,

All ICO terms will be published soon. There will definitely be an escrow partner, we are still researching the options. Apart from that, we both are well known within the Crypti community and I'm well known within the Nxt community. You can read about us on our team page, we will also publish a blog post soon in which we introduce ourselves more formally.
Thank you @lisk and  definitely will watch this.
for escrow choose reputable services for it
willing to participate

We will try our best. Thank you for your support. Smiley

By the way, as long as this account belongs to the "Newbie" user group I can only post or send a PM every 6 minutes. So don't be surprised if I don't answer directly. I also can't post images right now, so the OP will be updated with images as soon as this is possible. Wink
Activity: 553
another ICO without escrow?

Hello AltcoinSteps,

All ICO terms will be published soon. There will definitely be an escrow partner, we are still researching the options. Apart from that, we both are well known within the Crypti community and I'm well known within the Nxt community. You can read about us on our team page, we will also publish a blog post soon in which we introduce ourselves more formally.
Thank you @lisk and  definitely will watch this.
for escrow choose reputable services for it
willing to participate
Spanish translation done, you can find it here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annlsk-lisk-ico-aplicaciones-descentralizadas-1347362. Thank you guys.

Great thank you! I added the link to the OP and we added you to our bounty list. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014
Activity: 178
LiskHQ CTO
Here is nothing hard to change something in frontend, problem is to developing decentralized solutions required some experience.

Our changes will not only be in the UI, they will be throughout the whole stack. If you are implying I lack the experience, then let's see how things progress shall we?

I don't know, maybe Olivier knows how consensus work or he doesn't know it, but anyway i didn't saw him commits to core and we i didn't speak with him about our core (i can't remember). And under core i mean not changes of genesis block.

We will be conducting fully open-source development, so you will soon see what changes we've made.

New features will be added, tests will be rewritten, code will be refactored, the quality will improve. That I am quite sure of.

Another thing, is this true that you bought a lot of xcr before release of latest dapp version? Is this reason to launch fork?

I personally haven't purchased any XCR for quite some time, so have no idea what you are implying. The reason for the fork is quite clear, so I suggest you take the time to read our blog post again: https://blog.lisk.io/olivier-and-max-leave-crypti-to-establish-lisk-3fd60eb0808f
Activity: 511
Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor
So here are only some pr guy and some tools guy hoping to collect funds to hire coder to fork Crypti? Roll Eyes
Nice plan! Cheesy

Oh, again the same problem of finding delegates. Roll Eyes
1. We have implemented "forging rewards" in addition to network transaction fees, so there will be a very good incentive for running a delegate.
This tiny "rewards" never work in PoS Cry

btw, Crypty also has some rewards, but still
- I operate  36 / 101 delegates on the network (I have been the most loyal supporter of the network from day one).
Grin

If you didn't see it starik, we already forked Crypti and implemented various features into it. On the frontend and backend! You also shouldn't underestimate our abilities. Time will tell you. Wink

The rewards aren't tiny. The amount is equivalent to the forging of other crypto-currencies. In the first year 15M LISK will be generated by community run delegates, this amount will go down every year. We will issue a blog post with more details about the forging. Also Crypti doesn't have rewards. It only pays the network fees to the users.

Here is nothing hard to change something in frontend, problem is developing decentralized solutions required some experience.

I don't know, maybe Olivier knows how consensus work or he doesn't know it, but anyway i didn't saw him commits to core and we i didn't speak with him about our core (i can't remember). And under core i mean not changes of genesis block.

Another thing, is this true that you bought a lot of xcr before release of latest dapp version? Is this reason to launch fork?
I strongly suggest to Max and Olivier that they at least consider doing a share drop as well, instead of the conversion of XCR to shares in Lisk. This would prevent confusion to stakeholders and reduce risk by allowing people to retain their stake in Crypti.
First of all, thank you for not responding in an agitated way and thank you for the suggestion. We have already thought of a solution which involves minimal risk for all Crypti holders who decide to invest into Lisk using their XCR.

Do you mean that you have come up with a solution already before yesterday's announcement or are you saying that you have reconsidered after the above suggestion?   Undecided

More information will follow next week about the ICO.

Please present what You & Olivier had in mind without outside influences.  

A detailed blog post will follow soon. But here is an important part of the XCR investment method.

What we had in mind without outside influences:

We wanted to accept XCR at a conversion rate of 700-1000 satoshi, because the price rose we adjusted it to 1300 satoshi.

What we now have in mind after we talked with several community members:

We still accept XCR at a value of 1300 satoshi per token. However, within a 4 weeks period after the mainnet launch everyone who invested with XCR can get a refund. That means it will be possible for them to get all their XCR back, if they send us the exact same amount of LISK they received in the beginning.

This reduces the risk for Crypti changers to zero. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000
If you didn't see it starik, we already forked Crypti and implemented various features into it. On the frontend and backend! You also shouldn't underestimate our abilities. Time will tell you. Wink
Are you saying you do not need to hire core developer?

Fair question. Are you?

Please don't twist my words Starik. I said that Olivier is suited more than enough (in terms of skill) to work on the Lisk core. I never said that we won't take more developers into our team. Our long-term goal is to make the development self-sustainable, the forging rewards will tremendously help with that. That means we will push Lisk to become an open source development project with many contributors.
So we are returning here:
here are only some pr guy and some tools guy hoping to collect funds to hire coder to fork Crypti?  Grin
and here:
tiny forging rewards will not tremendously help Tongue

Fair question. Are you?

Please don't twist my words Starik. I said that Olivier is suited more than enough (in terms of skill) to work on the Lisk core. I never said that we won't take more developers into our team. Our long-term goal is to make the development self-sustainable, the forging rewards will tremendously help with that. That means we will push Lisk to become an open source development project with many contributors.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

Fair question. Are you?
Jump to: