Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 16. (Read 118848 times)

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Burnside. Not sure if you've answered this previously but I'd like to know of your plans, if any to offer stratum support. I currently am losing around 30% to stales across 4 cards with what seems to be the best config.
Activity: 22
alright, cool, just curious really. I can get that info from any number of places Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Question... why under pool stats where it shows "next difficulty estimate" does it always say "-75" ? this number is neither correct nor meaningful, really... Is this just a reject error from website code somewhere?

Nah, it's an error from litecoind.  That number is based on the network hashrate, and right now this is what litecoind gives for the networkhashps:

# litecoind getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 330544,
    "currentblocksize" : 0,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 205.77652398,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : -2147483648,
    "pooledtx" : 20,
    "testnet" : false
}

It'll probably get fixed in a future litecoind release.  The code for the site is fine though.

Cheers.
Activity: 22
Question... why under pool stats where it shows "next difficulty estimate" does it always say "-75" ? this number is neither correct nor meaningful, really... Is this just a reject error from website code somewhere?
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
stratum will make me happy Cheesy
legendary
Adding Stratum to the pool would most likely reduce stale shares to less than 5%.

Granted, if the stales are being caused by DDOS attacks.... then it really doesn't matter if we have a dedicated glass tube laser comms device between us and the pool... the pool simply won't respond.   Undecided

It's a combination of:

- DDoS attacks themselves
- The DDoS service (which we have to relay all traffic through, so even when we're not under DDoS there is an efficiency hit.)
- Bad configs (sha256 miners) sucking up resources.

Without all of that in the mix the pool traditionally had ~3% stales.  Stratum will definitely help with that when we roll it out.

Cheers.
legendary
As of right now, the pool efficiency is ~75%. Is there something that could be done to improve this? Does it have to do with share difficulties? I'm willing to dedicate some of my time to helping kattare add stratum if that is what is needed. Since it is based on open-source software, it shouldn't be too difficult.

On that particular number (overall pool efficiency) it's taking into account all the rookie bitcoin miners that point at the pool using sha256 and other bad configs.  You can get a feel for how many of these we get by looking at the "over 90% stales this round" display.  At one point today I saw that number at over 120,000 for someone.  Needless to say, that cuts into the efficiency pretty good.  Only way to really fix it I think would be to temp-ban people that run like that for more than an hour or something.

Adding Stratum to the pool would most likely reduce stale shares to less than 5%.

Granted, if the stales are being caused by DDOS attacks.... then it really doesn't matter if we have a dedicated glass tube laser comms device between us and the pool... the pool simply won't respond.   Undecided
Activity: 185
As of right now, the pool efficiency is ~75%. Is there something that could be done to improve this? Does it have to do with share difficulties? I'm willing to dedicate some of my time to helping kattare add stratum if that is what is needed. Since it is based on open-source software, it shouldn't be too difficult.
Why DDOS?  These attacks are system wide on every Ltc and Btc pool on the planet.  Ever since the Cyprus financial crisis and its lead up, bitcoin and litecoin have had amazing growth.  With this growth has come fear from many groups outside of the btc/ltc "world".  Speculation on how btc/ltc can and is affecting real world currencies is scaring the crap out of major financial institutions and many world governments. 

It should come as no surprise that using or purpetuating btc/ltc makes targets of us all by old world financial as we are using a non-traceable, non-taxable form of currency and trade. 

Ask yourself, if you were the head of a national central bank and you noticed hundreds of millions of dollars being dumped into some digital currency, wouldn't you want it stopped?

Now ask yourself, what groups on the planet have the power to knock out both btc/ltc exchanges AND most of the btc/ltc mining pools at the same time?  Any moderately well-read person will come up with is rather small list with that specific capability...

I will continue to mine despite the current issues.
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
Mining works, but website is down....  :S

That's what I thought too, but the website was up for a brief time this morning and NONE of the work I did yesterday showed up. Also zero auto payouts and I have it set to 1LTC, there should have been several by now. It appears to be working fine, but I think the shares are going into the void.

Sorry about the late update.  We are definitely under DDoS.  I had shifted the site away from the DDoS service to see if stales improved and within a few hours we were under attack and down again.

The attack caused some crons to fail.  The crons lock and unlock as they start and finish so when the ddos interrupted them they stopped running until I manually cleared the locks.  Once I did that, all the block payouts caught up and paid out, though because of the ddos, payouts today sucked anyway.

I did make some progress today toward shifting to the new server.  I think by tomorrow i'll be able to move all the DB services over to it.

A couple people have pointed me at the elgius pool software for stratum.  It looks promising. I'll give it a whirl soon!

Cheers.

Sorry to be dense... But why the DDoS? There is always motivation for actions.  What is the motivation here?
legendary
Hi, when i try to login i get "This account has been locked, too many failed attempts."
And i haven't even logged in to my account that many times.
My username is username, yes, literally "username", maybe thats the reason?

Hope you can fix this, thanks.

That's going to be a persistent problem.  Accounts get locked when other people try to log into them.  I guarantee 'username' is going to be a perpetual issue because it's what we pre-populate the login box with... can I change that to something else for you?  PM me.

Cheers.
legendary
Missing a few withdrawals made to btc-e from last week. The we all under 1 LTC, it seems if i do 1 LTC auto send it works just fine and I get deposits.  Whom do I contact about that?

Missing another 2 deposits made since my last post.

What did you have it set to?
legendary
When I go to this page: http://ltc.kattare.com/blocks.php

I'm getting this error: Unknown or incorrect time zone: 'Europe/London'

Forgot to load the timezone info into mysql.  Thanks for the tip!  It should be fixed now.  Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Activity: 140
BitFi Services
Missing a few withdrawals made to btc-e from last week. The we all under 1 LTC, it seems if i do 1 LTC auto send it works just fine and I get deposits.  Whom do I contact about that?

Missing another 2 deposits made since my last post.
Activity: 140
BitFi Services
Thanks for the info.  I'll check back daily to see updates.

legendary
New to this pool and new to ltc.  I am very interested in pushing my btc hardware to mine entirely for ltc as ASIC's move in.

Welcome!

What is the estimated establish time for Stratum on this pool? 

No ETA at the moment.  I'm working on it in my "spare" time.  Wink

What can be done to lower the stale rate until Stratum is setup?

We're working on rolling out some new hardware.  I expect that tonight (in about 2-3 hours) I'll be taking the site down and moving things around.  I'll do my best to minimize impact to the miners, but there will definitely be brief interruptions.

Cheers.
Hi

New to this pool and new to ltc.  I am very interested in pushing my btc hardware to mine entirely for ltc as ASIC's move in.

What is the estimated establish time for Stratum on this pool? 

What can be done to lower the stale rate until Stratum is setup?
Pages:
Jump to: