Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LTC][Pool][PPLNS][STRATUM] - ltc.kattare.com - burnside's Mining Pool - page 12. (Read 118848 times)

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
Hi there,

It seems stratum is broken at the moment. I'm using cgminer 3.2.1;
Code:
http://ltc.kattare.com:9332 works with long polling
stratum+tcp://ltc.kattare.com:3333 does not work

Anybody else able to confirm this? Might explain where there are so few on the pool.

Cheers

Can confirm stratum does not work for me either.

ltc.kattare.com is not the stratum hostname.  Please check out the Get Started page when logged in.  Wink

Cheers.

True enough. ltc-stratum.kattare.com:3333 isn't working correctly though. Accepts a few shares, then looses a bunch due to stratum disconnect, then cgminer switches to backup pool.

+1. I am experiencing this issue as well with cgminer 3.1.1 - I'm not experiencing it with my backup pools.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Hi there,

Code:

Anybody else able to confirm this? Might explain where there are so few on the pool.

Cheers

ltc.kattare.com is not the stratum hostname.  Please check out the Get Started page when logged in.  Wink

Cheers.

True enough. ltc-stratum.kattare.com:3333 isn't working correctly though. Accepts a few shares, then looses a bunch due to stratum disconnect, then cgminer switches to backup pool.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Hi there,

Code:

Cheers

Cheers.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hi there,

Code:

Cheers

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hi there,

Code:

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
I've gotten a fair number of cgminer hangs with 'lost connection' errors as well. Not having similar problems with backup pools.
site (or me is having some issues. cgminer keeps going to backup sites.
legendary
Site is down, still sending in shares though.

Appreciate the report.  I restarted a proxy daemon and it's back now.  It only affected the web interface, not share submissions or processing.

Cheers.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Site is down, still sending in shares though.
legendary
I fixed the postfix config this evening.

Some people were having issues with the password recovery and I realized when I was looking into it that postfix was broken.

An unintended side effect is that now the dead worker notifications are working again as well.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not flag them as spam.  Instead, log in and turn them off if you no longer want them.  It's really easy to do from the worker management interface in the account settings page.  (worst case, let me know your email address and I'll turn them off for you.)

Cheers.
legendary
I am really happy about the stratum too. I was getting 11% stales and thinking about changing pools. Now I don't have to. I like you because you're at least partially in Oregon. if you're ever in P-town I'd love to meet you and buy you a coffee to thank you for the neat ltc related thing that you have done.

I'll be flying into PDX this weekend for a friend's wedding.  Gonna be crazy busy tho.  Really appreciate the offer!  Wink
Ok, instead I will donate 1%. Really not a bad trade going from losing 10%+ in stales to a 1% donation. I kind of feel like a shmuck.

Heh, no problem.  I really (really) appreciate the donation!
Hey Burnside,
Id just like to thank you for the stratum support.  Been mining away for the last 48 hours with it and my stales are down from 20% to 0.1%.  Fantastic job man, hopefully this will encourage more miners back to the pool.

That's great news, thank you for trying it out!

I am really happy about the stratum too. I was getting 11% stales and thinking about changing pools. Now I don't have to. I like you because you're at least partially in Oregon. if you're ever in P-town I'd love to meet you and buy you a coffee to thank you for the neat ltc related thing that you have done.

I'll be flying into PDX this weekend for a friend's wedding.  Gonna be crazy busy tho.  Really appreciate the offer!  Wink
Ok, instead I will donate 1%. Really not a bad trade going from losing 10%+ in stales to a 1% donation. I kind of feel like a shmuck.
legendary
Hey Burnside,
Id just like to thank you for the stratum support.  Been mining away for the last 48 hours with it and my stales are down from 20% to 0.1%.  Fantastic job man, hopefully this will encourage more miners back to the pool.

Hey Burnside,

legendary
Hey Burnside,

Activity: 29
Hey Burnside,
legendary
How come so little action in this thread?
And why are there so many miners here when the efficiency of this pool is so low and with such a high rate of stales!!?
I'm so surprised at this...a waste of hashrate, power, time, etc...wasn't the pool owner supposed to be doing something about this? Or is he still not even around? I'm a bit confused

Probably because everyone left. I've got to assume all those small time guys "set it and forget it" (and there was even one guy who was getting from 50-150 MEGAhash who had for at least a week or more somewhat like 90% stales. Incredible.) Burnside, although around here (and seen online at the LTC forums) stopped responding to this thread a while ago (maybe stratum became too much of a PITA to set up?) I'm sure he's still making a bunch from the guys still mining anyways (they had a hell of a lucky day yesterday too looking at their block stats!)

When I used to mine there I think the pool rate was in the mid 300s to low 400s but now it's down to what, 160ish mhash? It's too bad, I really did like this pool when things were working well!

I suspect a lot of the 50%+ stales situations had to do with the DDoS protection service.  Mining looks a whole lot like a DDoS to a protective service.  Request after request from the same IP's.  Wink

I think someone had asked about vardiff.  I hate to say it, but the software definitely does not support it.  It'd take way more time than I have to implement it.  Sorry.  Sad

For everyone that has been waiting patiently for stratum, I apologize.  Derringer had it right.  I've been buried in my day job and btct.co/litecoinglobal.com responsibilities.  The good news is that as of tonight, I have experimental stratum support up and running.  If you're logged in, you can get the connection URL from the "Get Started" page.  Wink  My test miners using stratum have less than half the stales.  Very impressive.

I've also reduced the difficulty a bit.  I'm not sure I'll keep it that low, but I figured it's worth a shot.

Cheers.
Activity: 51
And why are there so many miners here when the efficiency of this pool is so low and with such a high rate of stales!!?
I'm so surprised at this...a waste of hashrate, power, time, etc...wasn't the pool owner supposed to be doing something about this? Or is he still not even around? I'm a bit confused

Probably because everyone left. I've got to assume all those small time guys "set it and forget it" (and there was even one guy who was getting from 50-150 MEGAhash who had for at least a week or more somewhat like 90% stales. Incredible.) Burnside, although around here (and seen online at the LTC forums) stopped responding to this thread a while ago (maybe stratum became too much of a PITA to set up?) I'm sure he's still making a bunch from the guys still mining anyways (they had a hell of a lucky day yesterday too looking at their block stats!)

When I used to mine there I think the pool rate was in the mid 300s to low 400s but now it's down to what, 160ish mhash? It's too bad, I really did like this pool when things were working well!

Activity: 55
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
burnside, add the ability to reduce difficulty for a certain worker so that shares are found easier.

why

A number of pools implement variable-difficulty shares so that any given worker is submitting at a roughly constant rate whether it's a CPU-mining Raspberry Pi or an overclocked 6-GPU monster.  It helps the pool by preventing it from being share-spammed into oblivion by large rigs, and helps the miner by giving relatively stable error bounds on share submission.

Vardiff is great but the pool software has to support it.  (I doubt pushpool does)  The only version of Stratum that works with Litecoin is the vipaerus modified one, and that one doesn't support vardiff.  So he'd have a fair bit of programming to do to implement vardiff on his pool.
Pages:
Jump to: