Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MACD] X13 | PoW+PoS Hybrid| NO PREMINE | NO IPO | NEW THREAD - page 7. (Read 44351 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
    And don't forget to vote Smiley

https://cryptoine.com/voting#MACD

Just voted.  Also, never was able to test on Windows.  I followed the instructions posted on here earlier by another member but got stuck about a quarter of the way through with all of the presteps required to build a test system.  I didn't even get to the compiling part, so it's nothing on your end with the code or anything but on my end with my system.  I'm running windows 8 so maybe that's part of the problem because Windows 8 fucking sucks!  Anyway, I can try again tomorrow though and will let you know what happens.  Also, I have a mac and am running 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.  I can try compiling new wallet in Mountain Lion and see how it goes.  Again, pretty new to this whole wallet compiling thing, but I'll give it a shot.  Another community member posted some instructions on what's needed to compile in mac, so I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Oh, yes. Compiling on windows is hell Cheesy I still didn't manage to do it (also on windows 8 ). On mac, on the other hand, is  totally different story. Much easier and you will probably succeed without to much problems. If and when you compile it on mountain lion please send me a screenshot of the wallet so i can know if it's different than on mavericks.

Now, about wallet. It is basically done. Just couple of icons more, a bug here and there, but overall, it is finished. The changes are committed so everybody can try it but I still didn't upload compiled binary.

Characteristics of new wallet:
    • New design
    • Price of MACDCoin in BTC taken from Bittrex exchange
    • Balance in BTC
    • Balance in USD
    (exchange rate BTC-USD taken from bitstamp)
    • Balance in EUR
    (exchange rate USD-EUR taken from http://rate-exchange.appspot.com)
    • Balance in CNY
    (exchange rate USD-CNY taken from http://rate-exchange.appspot.com)
    [/list]

Features that are still not working:
    • Total MACD balance is hardcoded, not reflecting the real ammount
    • Bittrex and Explorer tabs are not implemented
    • there are still some graphical fixes needed, and the wallet is a bit jumpy at the moment (you will se what I'm talking about when you try the wallet Cheesy)

Hope you like it guys!
    Activity: 461
    If you stuck somewhere post here and we will try to help out...
    legendary
    Activity: 1540
    Merit: 1002
    And don't forget to vote Smiley

https://cryptoine.com/voting#MACD

Just voted.  Also, never was able to test on Windows.  I followed the instructions posted on here earlier by another member but got stuck about a quarter of the way through with all of the presteps required to build a test system.  I didn't even get to the compiling part, so it's nothing on your end with the code or anything but on my end with my system.  I'm running windows 8 so maybe that's part of the problem because Windows 8 fucking sucks!  Anyway, I can try again tomorrow though and will let you know what happens.  Also, I have a mac and am running 10.8.5 Mountain Lion.  I can try compiling new wallet in Mountain Lion and see how it goes.  Again, pretty new to this whole wallet compiling thing, but I'll give it a shot.  Another community member posted some instructions on what's needed to compile in mac, so I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
    legendary
    Also, pretty hard to believe that right now MACD's priced higher than a coin that came out a couple weeks ago.  Just sayin lol
    legendary
    I followed this guide:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/building-headless-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-qt-on-windows-149479

and it worked

Everything is possible. I do not want to speculate about price because it is pointeless, we can speak about new features and improvements on coin and it services...

Please test new wallet from https://github.com/KrvnoZrnce/MACDCoin

also use this MACDCoin.conf

Code:
    rpcuser=user
    rpcpassword=pass
    listen=1
    daemon=1
    server=1
    dnsseed=0
    addnode=37.187.144.69:21546
    addnode=188.194.16.78:21546
    addnode=8.38.76.74:21546
    addnode=103.22.181.239:21546
    addnode=69.64.43.236:21546
    addnode=42.2.242.23:21546
    addnode=67.215.11.195:21546
    addnode=162.243.198.249:21546
    addnode=185.2.64.116:21546
    addnode=84.110.81.120:21546
    addnode=216.229.75.176:21546
    rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
    rpcport=9335

I would love to test new wallet, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that because I've never tested a wallet before from just the github code.  I see where the code is on Github.  I pulled the repository down to my windows laptop with Github for Windows.  Now what? lol  I'm assuming I have to get a compiler that will compile all the code?  Any suggestions on compilers?

Wow thanks SalimNagamato for adding that link!  That's more involved than I thought it would be.  I'll try to work on this tonight though.

Hi guys, sorry for keeping you wait again.
    Did anybody succeed at compiling the wallet on windows? I am anxious to see how it looks on windows. We have compiled the new wallet on mac os, unfortunately, on mac os (mavericks) GUI is totally f***ed up, so we will release version for mac os a bit later.

We will have compiled wallet for linux ready for download later today Smiley

kpierce77, thank you for sending an email to bittrex and also thank you guys for staying with us!

Anyway, I have no idea what's happening in crypto these days since I invest all my spare time into development of MACD. What is currently hot, are there any fresh ideas implemented? Is anon still a big deal?

Thanks for putting in all the work!  And yep you've missed alot the past few weeks.  Where do I begin lol  First, yes anon is still very big.  The leaders in this right now are still Darkcoin, Bitcoindark, Halcyon, Stealth, and Fibre.  Fibre's kind of interesting because they want to release a full blown anon OS that you can run on a USB stick.  Not sure if it's gimmicky or not, but it looks like people are interested.  Halcyon's making news because it's claiming it's the first crypto to offer fully decentralized peer anon.  Price has risen due to that news.  And Stealth is also doing anon stuff.  Other lesser known anon's are Kore which have really rebounded.  I wanna say they're doing something with anon VoIP, but I'm not sure about that.  Right now it's more or less an arms race for who can have the most amazing anon.  It's a big seller still.  All of the above coins I believe have a whitepaper and a roadmap.

A coin that is interesting that isn't anon is Greenbacks.  They're trying to develop a complete ecosystem for their coin where you can actually spend it on things, plus they're trying very hard to get Greenbacks accepted by merchants.  That's pretty much where they're headed.  Unfortunately, because they don't have the bells and whistles of anon, the price hasn't really gone much of anywhere over the past few weeks.  They have a whitepaper and roadmap as well.

NXT and NHZ are very cool concepts, and they're not anon.  NHZ is kind of a clone of NXT, and they both provide a decentralized exchange for people to sell assets and services on.  So let's say I own a business where I sell flowers.  We'll call it Flowers By Kpierce77.  I know not very original lol  Anyway, as a business I can sell assets to people who want to buy them, and I do that on the NXT exchange.  Really it's like people buying shares of stock in my company, and any shareholders I have I pay a certain number of NXT to monthly.  All assets can be sold for NXT, and you buy assets with NXT.  Very similar to how you can buy altcoins with BTC on exchanges like Bittrex or wherever, except you're buying assets with NXT on NXT's exchange.

And then there's SuperNet.  SuperNet is the brainchild of the same creator of NXT I believe.  His vision is to have coins all participate in this SuperNet.  Let's say that 30 coins participate in the SuperNet, and each of the coins offer something unique.  Because of the SuperNet, all the coins will share their unique characteristics with the SuperNet and I guess kind of create sort of like a super coin.  I believe that Bitcoindark is one of the coins participating in this.  Any coin that participates in the SuperNet is getting a boost in price because people want to invest in them.  Not sure that people really quite understand SuperNet.  Bter just hosted the SuperNet ICO a couple days ago.  Right now it's listed as TOKEN, but will eventually be sold on the NXT exchange as an asset called UNITY.  All of this according to Jl777.

And yes a new trend in coins right now is the proof of developer.  Personally, I don't think it's such a horrible idea because people are so terrified by getting scammed by unknown or anonymous developers.  The latest dev to scam people is the dev from Bitmo.  Another new thing especially with the anon coins is they're having their code reviewed by Dan Metcalf of XC.  He's the lead dev of that coin.  He looks over the code and gives his seal of approval, and it gives a nice boost to the price of the coin.

Anyway, I guess look into all of this stuff, but these are sort of the trends right now.
    This should be enough to start wallet on MAC OS X

In order to compile on OSX you need a few things.

Working Xcode for your version of MAC OS X. If it is version 4.3 or later you need to install command line tools. Go Xcode > Preferences > Downloads > Components and from there install command line tools. Every time you update Xcode you must update command line tools.

Git installed and working (you can install it with MacPorts or Homebrew)

MacPorts or Homebrew are needed in order to install dependecies. I tried with Homebrew so I will further explain process for Homebrew.

After you install Homebrew via terminal then install dependecies:

Code:
    $ brew install autoconf automake libtool boost miniupnpc openssl pkg-config protobuf qt

Install GIT from Hombrew

Code:
    $ brew install git (install git from Homebrew, not neccessary if installed other way)

This line is for installing Berkeley DB

Code:
    $ brew install https://raw.github.com/mxcl/homebrew/master/Library/Formula/berkeley-db4.rb -–without-java 

after that you will be inside brew interactive mode and you should do:

Code:
    /private/tmp/berkeley-db4-UGpd0O/db-4.8.30 $ cd ..

/private/tmp/berkeley-db4-UGpd0O $ db-4.8.30/dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/berkeley-db4/4.8.30 --mandir=/usr/local/Cellar/berkeley-db4/4.8.30/share/man --enable-cxx

/private/tmp/berkeley-db4-UGpd0O $ make

/private/tmp/berkeley-db4-UGpd0O $ make install

/private/tmp/berkeley-db4-UGpd0O $ exit

With this you are finished with dependecies and we can procide with compile.

First you will need to change path for few things, open up MACD-Qt.pro and find and chage these lines:

Code:
     isEmpty(BDB_LIB_PATH) {
    -    macx:BDB_LIB_PATH = /opt/local/lib/db48 #this is default
    +    macx:BDB_LIB_PATH = /usr/local/opt/berkeley-db4/lib #change to this
     }

isEmpty(BDB_LIB_SUFFIX) {
        macx:BDB_LIB_SUFFIX = -4.8 #leave unchanged
    }

isEmpty(BDB_INCLUDE_PATH) {
    -    macx:BDB_INCLUDE_PATH = /opt/local/include/db48
    +    macx:BDB_INCLUDE_PATH = /usr/local/opt/berkeley-db4/include
     }

isEmpty(BOOST_LIB_PATH) {
    -    macx:BOOST_LIB_PATH = /opt/local/lib
    +    macx:BOOST_LIB_PATH = /usr/local/opt/boost/lib
     }

isEmpty(BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH) {
    -    macx:BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH = /opt/local/include
    +    macx:BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH = /usr/local/opt/boost/include
     }

Save the file after changes

Now we are ready to compile

Code:
    $ qmake

Code:
    $ make clean

Code:
    $ make

after this you should have your MAC-Qt executable ready for MAC OS X.
    You mentioned games. Yes, that is one of the roads we will hit Wink And that's where my knowledge will be of tremendous use, since I am only a beginner in crypto development but I can do anything I want on iOS (yes, we will have apps for MACD on iOS devices as soon as we stabilise desktop wallets).
    "stealth addresses" and ANON is almost a standard
    also silly thing called POD (proof of developer) - when a developer exposes his private information to a website
    (example: http://cryptoasian.com/ , with no offence or anything against this website)
    I prefer a proof of Development instead.. Smiley
    having market place is also nice  (somewhere we can sell/buy stuff using MACD).
    games using MACD can be nice

if we could use MACD with a service/system which will accept only MACD, it will maybe increase ask for the coin

there are just too many Altcoins
    need to be very unique
    otherwise its P&D

i don't see anything unique in MACD, accept maybe the very small community

I agree with you mostly. Proof of development is the best. If and when we have foundation on macd, the plan is to reveal people that are in the foundation.

I still think anon is shit (sorry to say that) but if that is what people want, that is what people will get... eventually.

We will have first service that will accept MACD soon (among other coins, but we are making special plans for paying with MACD) and it's a popular service.

Now, the thing that i don't agree with you is uniqueness. Having unique coin is good for price, but most of that uniqueness is just rubbish and is there just for the sake of uniqueness. We won't have that with MACD. If the feature is not useful or fun, MACD wont have it... (of course, not all coins are like that, but most of uniqueness is speculation more than actual features).

I would like people to actually use MACDCoin instead of just trading it. That is why the first thing we are working on is user friendly GUI.
    I do however understand that MACD needs something to attract people, but I'm hoping that proof of development (Smiley) will be enough for a start.
    legendary
    "stealth addresses" and ANON is almost a standard
    also silly thing called POD (proof of developer) - when a developer exposes his private information to a website
    (example: http://cryptoasian.com/ , with no offence or anything against this website)
    I prefer a proof of Development instead.. Smiley
    having market place is also nice  (somewhere we can sell/buy stuff using MACD).
    games using MACD can be nice

if we could use MACD with a service/system which will accept only MACD, it will maybe increase ask for the coin

there are just too many Altcoins
    need to be very unique
    otherwise its P&D

i don't see anything unique in MACD, accept maybe the very small community
    I followed this guide:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/building-headless-bitcoin-and-bitcoin-qt-on-windows-149479

and it worked

Everything is possible. I do not want to speculate about price because it is pointeless, we can speak about new features and improvements on coin and it services...

Code:
    rpcuser=user
    rpcpassword=pass
    listen=1
    daemon=1
    server=1
    dnsseed=0
    rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
    rpcport=9335

I would love to test new wallet, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that because I've never tested a wallet before from just the github code.  I see where the code is on Github.  I pulled the repository down to my windows laptop with Github for Windows.  Now what? lol  I'm assuming I have to get a compiler that will compile all the code?  Any suggestions on compilers?

Wow thanks SalimNagamato for adding that link!  That's more involved than I thought it would be.  I'll try to work on this tonight though.

Hi guys, sorry for keeping you wait again.
    Did anybody succeed at compiling the wallet on windows? I am anxious to see how it looks on windows. We have compiled the new wallet on mac os, unfortunately, on mac os (mavericks) GUI is totally f***ed up, so we will release version for mac os a bit later.

We will have compiled wallet for linux ready for download later today Smiley

kpierce77, thank you for sending an email to bittrex and also thank you guys for staying with us!

Anyway, I have no idea what's happening in crypto these days since I invest all my spare time into development of MACD. What is currently hot, are there any fresh ideas implemented? Is anon still a big deal?
    legendary

and it worked

Code:
    rpcuser=user
    rpcpassword=pass
    listen=1
    daemon=1
    server=1
    dnsseed=0
    rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
    rpcport=9335

legendary

and it worked

Code:
    rpcuser=user
    rpcpassword=pass
    listen=1
    daemon=1
    server=1
    dnsseed=0
    rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
    rpcport=9335

legendary
    again in delisting alert

Yep.  Someone needs to reach out to Bittrex again and tell them not to delist it.  I can put on their Twitter page not to delist because we're testing a new wallet and there's active development.

I sent a tweet to Bittrex asking them to not delist because there's a new wallet being tested, and active development going on.
    legendary
    again in delisting alert

Yep.  Someone needs to reach out to Bittrex again and tell them not to delist it.  I can put on their Twitter page not to delist because we're testing a new wallet and there's active development.
    legendary

Code:
    rpcuser=user
    rpcpassword=pass
    listen=1
    daemon=1
    server=1
    dnsseed=0
    rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
    rpcport=9335

legendary
    again in delisting alert
    legendary
    Activity: 973
    Merit: 1053
    Btw, any progress with development of this coin? Keep in mind that look at Kore right now. They had a community takeover right around the time that MACD did with a new dev and everything. Kore's at about 14000 right now. With the right developer it's possible to get there with this coin as well.

We are not competing with anyone. We are already standing much better than we were two, three weeks or a month ago. I have already spent enormous amount of time on this coin and will continue to do so (bear in mind that I have real life job so things are going much slower than they could). Also I am dead tired so I needed a break.

Btw, KORE probably has a bit bigger community than 4 guys so there's that. The goal is to have unique and UTILISED coin. We will go slowly but as the time goes by we will probably find a developer willing to join us.

Yes, there is development movement. We will be releasing wallet on sunday. At that point we will probably have wallet for linux and mac os. Windows will come as soon as we can compile it on windows (this is usually where community can help since there is always somebody who can compile it for windows). We are also working on a new website.

There are more plans and work being done but I won't reveal anything until it's done or near the end.

Also, as I stated earlier, wallet would be released earlier if I didn't have syncing problems which looks like it's solved with updated nodes which will be posted soon.
    And,  it appears that actually MACD is working just right but the problems that have been happening earlier were because there were NO staking wallets which is a shame.

been staking since you asked for a config file and even a bit earlier than that.

Code:
    rpcuser=user
    rpcpassword=pass
    listen=1
    daemon=1
    server=1
    dnsseed=0