Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 118. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
• I will use a randomizer from 1 to 10,000 (if the number of tickets sold are less than 10,000, say 8564, the randomizer will be set to draw from 1 to 8564 and so on).

Scam!

The way to do it properly is to use data you can not manipulate (easily) like part of the hash for some future Maxcoin block. But I guess you will
not go with such approach, it would massively reduce your chance to win this lottery.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
https://max.suprnova.cc

No fees, finds blocks on regular basis and pays out immediately.

Mine MAX now:

https://max.suprnova.cc
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
ati 6970 170MH/s

What is your hashrate when mining Bitcoin using the same GPU?

keccak hash rate = 0.5 x SHA-256 hash rate

Thanks!

After 30 minutes of waiting with dozens of nodes added to maxcoin.conf my node is connected to just 2 nodes ...

18:16:33

getpeerinfo

18:16:37

[
{
"addr" : "5.199.162.32:8668",
"services" : "00000001",
"lastsend" : 1393175699,
"lastrecv" : 1393175782,
"bytessent" : 1065346,
"bytesrecv" : 274424919,
"conntime" : 1393173168,
"version" : 70001,
"subver" : "/Max:0.8.9/",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 48475,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},
{
"addr" : "94.23.18.51:8668",
"lastsend" : 1393175520,
"lastrecv" : 1393175794,
"bytessent" : 19914,
"bytesrecv" : 694876,
"conntime" : 1393173681,
"startingheight" : 48208,
"banscore" : 0
}
]

... and no one is dumping MAX big time on exchanges? So, you are holding onto MAX but don't give a damn about network? It might backfire on
all of us, get serious and start running your local wallets at all times or sell all your MAX immidiately. No, that is not a joke. Joke is you expecting
to become millioners one day but failing to properly protect your investments. I have over 15 local wallets running (all cryptocoins I have invested
into) and MAX one is noticably the worst of all. All other wallets go 8+ connections few minutes after start.

This is my node list http://pastebin.com/fxLKrjyh
And currenctly I have 15 active connections !
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
ati 6970 170MH/s

Brilliant!  Smiley very interesting result.
Activity: 152
You are welcome!
legendary
ati 6970 170MH/s

Thanks!

After 30 minutes of waiting with dozens of nodes added to maxcoin.conf my node is connected to just 2 nodes ...

18:16:33

getpeerinfo

18:16:37

[
{
"addr" : "5.199.162.32:8668",
"lastsend" : 1393175699,
"lastrecv" : 1393175782,
"bytessent" : 1065346,
"bytesrecv" : 274424919,
"conntime" : 1393173168,
"startingheight" : 48475,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},
{
"addr" : "94.23.18.51:8668",
"lastsend" : 1393175520,
"lastrecv" : 1393175794,
"bytessent" : 19914,
"bytesrecv" : 694876,
"conntime" : 1393173681,
"startingheight" : 48208,
"banscore" : 0
}
]

... and no one is dumping MAX big time on exchanges? So, you are holding onto MAX but don't give a damn about network? It might backfire on
all of us, get serious and start running your local wallets at all times or sell all your MAX immidiately. No, that is not a joke. Joke is you expecting
to become millioners one day but failing to properly protect your investments. I have over 15 local wallets running (all cryptocoins I have invested
into) and MAX one is noticably the worst of all. All other wallets go 8+ connections few minutes after start.
ati 6970 170MH/s

legendary
ati 6970 170MH/s

ati 6970 170MH/s
legendary
Hey guys

I made a withdrawal from my wallet to an exchange, but lost internet connection on my laptop sometime during the process or shortly thereafter. I've noticed that I have 0 confirmations within the wallet, and it's been over a half hour now.

Any idea on what I can do? I've restarted the wallet multiple times. Is there some sort of command that can reset the transaction?

Thanks for the help....

I have had the same issue when I shut down my wallet just after sending a transaction - before it could be announced.

You can fix it by doing the following;

1: Make sure your Wallet is closed.
2: Open a folder, and type %appdata% into the address bar and hit enter.
3: go into the MaxCoin folder, then into the blocks folder
4: delete all the .dat files in there
5: Restart the wallet app
6: It will state that the database is corrupt, and ask if you want to fix it - say yes.
7: It will then re-synch your wallet from the beginning, and the transaction will occur
8: send the fixer a tip - address below Wink  <--- this is the most important part of the process XD

Just use -rescan when starting Maxcoin wallet, there is no need to redownload complete blockchain. If blockchain somehow becomes corrupted
wallet will notice and either fix it or complain about it (as you stated at step 6). Missing, not confirming or any other problematic transactions
have to do with wallet data not being "in sync" with downloaded blockchain so wallet must be fixed, not blockchain. If blockchain itself becomes
corrupted and wallet does not seem to be able to auto-fix it just use -reindex instead of -rescan

1. Go to folder where you installed Maxcoin wallet
2. Right-click on maxcoin-qt and select "Create shortcut"
3. Right-click on maxcoin-qt - Shortcut and select "Properties"
4. In field "Target" add -rescan ("C:\Program Files\Maxcoin\maxcoin-qt.exe" -rescan) and click OK to close window and save changes
5. Use maxcoin-qt - Shortcut to start Maxcoin wallet
6. Once wallet is up and running you can remove -rescan from shortcut (else every subsequent start will last longer due to rescanning wallet).

Downloaded new wallet, added nodes to config, restarted, waited for 1 hour, but no effect Sad  - 0 connections.
P.S. Win 8 64bit

Win7 64-bit here, same problem. I think the cause for this situation is most people stopped running their local wallets once solo mining became
hard and moved to pools, sending MAX to exchanges. Totally bad idea, guys. I know many of you are new to crytocoins but important lession you
definitely need to learn is that cryptocoin networks are users with local wallets running. Cryptocoins are supposed to be decentralized! If only few
pools and exchanges are running local wallets we can not really speak about network being secure, all it takes to stall it is to kill those few wallets.
The purpose of local wallet is not just to have your coins localy, wallet main purpose is to be building piece of cryptocoin network. That means to
check any and all transactions and blocks and relay data to other wallets. If you let validation of transactions in hands of few people, especially
big mining pools, we all might start experiencing major problems with MAX. So, unless you are mining and immidiately dumping MAX for BTC you
better have local MAX wallet running at all times.

Using pool or exchange to store your MAX is by far the most stupid idea ever, just like storing your fiat or precious metals in banks.

Downloaded new wallet, added nodes to config, restarted, waited for 1 hour, but no effect Sad  - 0 connections.
P.S. Win 8 64bit
delete maxcoin.conf
save new there C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MaxCoin\maxcoin.conf
or remove into C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\MaxCoin\
That worked! Thanks a lot!
P.S. But I really can't imagine, that all the other people figure it out by themselves... Very unfriendly install procedure, definitely bad for coin reputation.

Install procedure, troubleshoting and setting up Maxcoin wallet is identical to Bitcoin and all altcoins based on Bitcoin. It is not friendly toward
average or bellow average computer users but it is still complicated nowhere close to messing with advanced Win features, software or Linux.

Anyway, I'm not mining MAX nor I plan to do so (no hardware) but I'm interested in what hashrate one can expect from certain hardware. Let's
say ATi 5770 GPU, what hashrate is obtainable when mining MAX? I know there are mining calcs out there but for them to be useful to me I need
to know hashrates first ... thanks in advance!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
P.S. Win 8 64bit
delete maxcoin.conf
That worked! Thanks a lot!
P.S. But I really can't imagine, that all the other people figure it out by themselves... Very unfriendly install procedure, definitely bad for coin reputation.
Activity: 658
Merit: 252

->> http://maxpool.sytes.net <<-
Need more workers!

• 0% fee
  • Stratum with Variable Difficulty
  • cgminer/cudamier/cpuminer supported
  • Correct HashRates
  • Based on MPOS
  • Proportional payment sytem

So far 10 blocks found. More people needed to speed things up Smiley
P.S. Win 8 64bit
delete maxcoin.conf
P.S. Win 8 64bit
Hmm.. Downloaded windows wallet from 1 post, launched maxcoin-qt.exe, but just can't connect to syncronize blockchain... (block source is unreachable, 0 connections with the net) What do I wrong?
New wallet - https://github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/releases/tag/v0.8.9.1 WINDOWS 8 SUPPORT!
Hmm.. Downloaded windows wallet from 1 post, launched maxcoin-qt.exe, but just can't connect to syncronize blockchain... (block source is unreachable, 0 connections with the net) What do I wrong?
Wallet guide (run and wait 10..30 min!) -> http://goo.gl/P5RmQ8 + Nodes -> http://goo.gl/K5hqet
Hey guys

I made a withdrawal from my wallet to an exchange, but lost internet connection on my laptop sometime during the process or shortly thereafter. I've noticed that I have 0 confirmations within the wallet, and it's been over a half hour now.

Any idea on what I can do? I've restarted the wallet multiple times. Is there some sort of command that can reset the transaction?

Thanks for the help....

I have had the same issue when I shut down my wallet just after sending a transaction - before it could be announced.

6: It will state that the database is corrupt, and ask if you want to fix it - say yes.
7: It will then re-synch your wallet from the beginning, and the transaction will occur
8: send the fixer a tip - address below Wink  <--- this is the most important part of the process XD

Thanks!

send a tip  Cool Good luck!
Activity: 238
Hey guys

Thanks for the help....

8: send the fixer a tip - address below Wink  <--- this is the most important part of the process XD
Activity: 182
Need more miners to help us find our first block and spread the hashes!

10 MAX bonus giveaway to our first 3 block finders!

Pool Features:

PPLNS Reward System! - Punishes pool hoppers & rewards our long term miners.
Premium Dedicated Servers - We use 2 rock solid dedicated servers running on PREMIUM Internap bandwidth to lower latency & stales.
Based in New York - US East Coast to ensure good connection for all miners.
Vardiff - Our stratum uses efficient variable difficulty to ensure you're getting the right shares.
10 Max Giveaway - Giving away 10 MAX each to our first 3 block finders!
Great Community - Friendly & helpful community operating the pool. We'll do our best to help get you set-up Smiley

Come give us a try & maybe you'll like it Smiley

Admin
www.maxhash.org
http://chuggythechoochoo.wordpress.com
Jump to: