Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 160. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
any working nodes for this

I have:

addnode=maxcoin.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinus.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinasia.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net
addnode=213.179.202.19

15 active connections from this.

And guys, why are not more ppl mining this? it's so darn profitable atm! I mean with 0.9GH/s I get around 0.04 BTC every day.
With scrypt I have 1.4 MH/s, and that would equal 0.022 BTC if I mined Doge.

Mining with 2x r9 290.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
any working nodes for this
Activity: 182
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
This coin has one purpose and one only. To make money. It's all PR BS.

Wow just like every other alt coin. What else are you in this game for?
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
The launch of Maxcoin

This brings us nicely to possibly the biggest development in the crypto space for some time. The launch of Maxcoin, the cryptocurrency fronted by Max Keiser. This was probably one of the few success stories of the last week. For many of us non techno-heads, we failed to see the point of yet another crypto-coin. Those of us who follow and comment on monetary matters are often approached with new currencies, rarely do we see the potential in them as they come with little legacy and little else to offer that others don’t already.

However, once I sat down with Stacy Herbert and heard about the unbelievable effort and technical development that was going into Maxcoin I felt reassured that this would certainly break free from the herd of teenage geek developed crypto-currencies. Whilst I didn’t understand the majority of the technical details in Maxcoin, I was impressed at how much has been learnt from bitcoin’s flaws. These have been considered in the Maxcoin design and (to a simple geek like me) have apparently set it up as a serious contender.

Once again, there has been little talk of price in the Maxcoin community. Instead it has been about the possibilities that can arise from the currency. As with bitcoin, its ability to act as a public ledger, how the block chain can be used, how it can decentralize the internet and the financial system and (my favourite) how decentralized autonomous corporations can operate.

These new developments take crypto-currencies beyond the flash-in-the-pan, quirky and counter cultural news stories. The cryptos are undergoing significant maturations at this point. Rapid and global creative destruction is occurring in the monetary world, right in front of our eyes. Don’t blink or you’ll miss the action.

http://therealasset.co.uk/bitcoin-maxcoin/

the author has appeared on the max keiser show and has you tube video's produced by stacy herbert

He's also talking garbage.

Pissed myself at the "Once again, there has been little talk of price in the Maxcoin community" bit  Grin

This coin has one purpose and one only. To make money. It's all PR BS.
Activity: 658
The launch of Maxcoin

This brings us nicely to possibly the biggest development in the crypto space for some time. The launch of Maxcoin, the cryptocurrency fronted by Max Keiser. This was probably one of the few success stories of the last week. For many of us non techno-heads, we failed to see the point of yet another crypto-coin. Those of us who follow and comment on monetary matters are often approached with new currencies, rarely do we see the potential in them as they come with little legacy and little else to offer that others don’t already.

However, once I sat down with Stacy Herbert and heard about the unbelievable effort and technical development that was going into Maxcoin I felt reassured that this would certainly break free from the herd of teenage geek developed crypto-currencies. Whilst I didn’t understand the majority of the technical details in Maxcoin, I was impressed at how much has been learnt from bitcoin’s flaws. These have been considered in the Maxcoin design and (to a simple geek like me) have apparently set it up as a serious contender.

Once again, there has been little talk of price in the Maxcoin community. Instead it has been about the possibilities that can arise from the currency. As with bitcoin, its ability to act as a public ledger, how the block chain can be used, how it can decentralize the internet and the financial system and (my favourite) how decentralized autonomous corporations can operate.

These new developments take crypto-currencies beyond the flash-in-the-pan, quirky and counter cultural news stories. The cryptos are undergoing significant maturations at this point. Rapid and global creative destruction is occurring in the monetary world, right in front of our eyes. Don’t blink or you’ll miss the action.

the author has appeared on the max keiser show and has you tube video's produced by stacy herbert

He's also talking garbage.

Pissed myself at the "Once again, there has been little talk of price in the Maxcoin community" bit  Grin
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
The launch of Maxcoin

Activity: 210
Activity: 505
choo choo chooo ?
Activity: 532
wow, difficultly dropped by half.  hash rate is not that much lower so, hmm, what happened...  Undecided

Hype can't last forever. You have to realise that the people shouting the loudest about Maxcoin had the most to gain from it. Got to distinguish between hype and real value.
Activity: 170
wow, difficultly dropped by half.  hash rate is not that much lower so, hmm, what happened...  Undecided
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
The quark scam: Attract as much noobs with money as possible to sell them some over hyped early miner greed coin. Yes it's the buyers fault for not reading but do you think this is the way to go? ripoff new players in this scene? Where is the full info? It's like telling USA is fighting al-ciada without telling they have created them in the 70s themselves.

Max knows this. Max likes scams.

I see your idea, to a point. I'm really on both sides. On one hand, people shouldn't be getting involved before they know what they're doing. It's like people making investments in these crypto companies without even looking into what they're doing and just assuming everything is profitable.

On the other, we need cryptos to go mainstream. When coins crash, people yell "scam." Those of us on the inside know this is false. But those on the outside look at "scam" and think the entire thing is a scam. People are destroying this for *everyone* with their greed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
All this talk of pre-mining is ridiculous from anyone who trades in bitcoin, the most overpriced and the most outrageously pre-mined coin of all.

The only thing that happened in this case is that due to the launch delay it was possible for Cudaminer to be modded to include keccak, and all those people with their AMD mining farms are bitter about it.  Nobody builds an Nvidia mining farm because AMD cards are faster, this means that for a day people with their normal gaming computers at home had the advantage for a change.
Activity: 714
Skol!
Max I think you are nothing more than a greedy coke snorting television propaganda whore.

I'm in the mining game for 12 months now and I have never seen such a fail launch before.

When you don't take your miners seriously how will this coin ever gain value?

You are a disgrace to the crypto community. (Quark is a scam coin and you know this stop hyping it!)

You gave the perfect example how to NOT launch a coin.

But hey, the masses have arrived, they don't care about anything but greed, they will mine this, they will even mine 10% premined coins like Nyancoin.

You should kill yourself Max. Really. Just do it.

You mad bro?

Honestly you sound like an immature teenager.

Someone explain to me how this coin is a fail launch? Even at the low prices this coin is trading for atm its still more profitable then mining any of the scrypt coins. Are the people claiming this is a fail coin just that bad at math that they can't figure it out for themselves?

Read the pages when this was coin launched. Stop being ignorant.

He has a point. MaxCoin could have been so good, but the launch was a massive failure.

He had a point on Maxcoin being a failed launch - yep. The side comment on Quark is a bunch of complete fud. No one has yet said why Quark is "scam". The only scam if any is that it was initially easy to mine, and then really cheap to buy so people bought it, and then promoted it as a next-gen coin.

The quark scam: Attract as much noobs with money as possible to sell them some over hyped early miner greed coin. Yes it's the buyers fault for not reading but do you think this is the way to go? ripoff new players in this scene? Where is the full info? It's like telling USA is fighting al-ciada without telling they have created them in the 70s themselves.

Max knows this. Max likes scams.
Activity: 714
Skol!
there are just 2 kind of people - the ones that are mining untill its profitable and are making money, and the second ones who just spamming this thread about that how shitty is this coin Cheesy

Not sure what you want to say but I think you have the same whore mentality like Max has. Greed will kill crypto. Greed is everything crypto was not designed for. Think about it.
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
Max I think you are nothing more than a greedy coke snorting television propaganda whore.

I'm in the mining game for 12 months now and I have never seen such a fail launch before.

When you don't take your miners seriously how will this coin ever gain value?

You are a disgrace to the crypto community. (Quark is a scam coin and you know this stop hyping it!)

You gave the perfect example how to NOT launch a coin.

But hey, the masses have arrived, they don't care about anything but greed, they will mine this, they will even mine 10% premined coins like Nyancoin.

You should kill yourself Max. Really. Just do it.

You mad bro?

Honestly you sound like an immature teenager.

Someone explain to me how this coin is a fail launch? Even at the low prices this coin is trading for atm its still more profitable then mining any of the scrypt coins. Are the people claiming this is a fail coin just that bad at math that they can't figure it out for themselves?

Read the pages when this was coin launched. Stop being ignorant.

He has a point. MaxCoin could have been so good, but the launch was a massive failure.

He had a point on Maxcoin being a failed launch - yep. The side comment on Quark is a bunch of complete fud. No one has yet said why Quark is "scam". The only scam if any is that it was initially easy to mine, and then really cheap to buy so people bought it, and then promoted it as a next-gen coin.
Activity: 462
Activity: 14
The launch of Maxcoin

Activity: 56
there are just 2 kind of people - the ones that are mining untill its profitable and are making money, and the second ones who just spamming this thread about that how shitty is this coin Cheesy
Activity: 476
Merit: 283
Who the fuck cares if this coins launch was a fail? All that matters is thats its profitable even now so I will continue to mine it untill it is no longer profitable.
Jump to: