Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 240. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I came here after seeing 309 pages, which has to be a record for a new coin, only to see that it is 309 pages of complains about the coin, lol. Is it really that bad? Should I bother mining this or is it a failed coin?

There are so many half decent looking coins out there now I need to pick what I mine wisely.

Mine than dump, never put money from your pocket in this coin
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I came here after seeing 309 pages, which has to be a record for a new coin, only to see that it is 309 pages of complains about the coin, lol. Is it really that bad? Should I bother mining this or is it a failed coin?

There are so many half decent looking coins out there now I need to pick what I mine wisely.
dont worry )
maxcoin comming soon on cryptsy
Activity: 238

Activity: 455
Fuck this coin, I have never seen such a shitty launch in my life.  VERY unprofessional.  

UNFAIR  LAUNCH - DON'T MINE!
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one
This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

Great post, Cosurgi ! Please send me another one of those 50 MAX Smiley

mT1ooPfyroiVbugMensbpUJJhqbddB1sQQ
anyone having issues with 1GH. Cgminer is mining and work is accepted but on the site the when i check the address the last block it shows shares from was 35 min ago. Any Ideas?
Link please
Activity: 140
I can't get it to work, here is my code:
Anyone know what's up?

cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mUATwaKt1B9ymSHgoTRWBS628W8j7tQtZS -p x

Well, mine is;
cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mNyovmbEDkdH7sFVxguoAid9m7pWCa2XeM -p x -d 1 -d 2

The only difference (apart from wallet address) is that I list my two devices (not using -d 0 as I am using that for gaming right now).
You are clicking on the batch file to boot up CGMiner and not CGMiner its self (apologies for asking this - but sometimes even I forget)

make the intensity 14

thjanks for that.. I figured it out ! i didnt know i had to get the cgminer from 1GH Cheesy
Im racking in ~300Mh/s on 280x . Is that ok?

my answer was closer send your MAX here
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Im mining at 130Mhs hashrate on 1gh.com  it was ok, now the hashrate just keeps dropping on user stats on 1gh.com, while on cgminer is @ 130Mhs Huh
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Anyone know what's up?

cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mUATwaKt1B9ymSHgoTRWBS628W8j7tQtZS -p x

Well, mine is;
cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mNyovmbEDkdH7sFVxguoAid9m7pWCa2XeM -p x -d 1 -d 2

The only difference (apart from wallet address) is that I list my two devices (not using -d 0 as I am using that for gaming right now).
You are clicking on the batch file to boot up CGMiner and not CGMiner its self (apologies for asking this - but sometimes even I forget)

make the intensity 14

thjanks for that.. I figured it out ! i didnt know i had to get the cgminer from 1GH Cheesy

pls post your bat file
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
anyone having issues with 1GH. Cgminer is mining and work is accepted but on the site the when i check the address the last block it shows shares from was 35 min ago. Any Ideas?

Also getting pop up on some of it?
Activity: 266
Activity: 644
Anyone know what's up?

Well, mine is;

make the intensity 14

if I add -I it closes right away
Anyone know what's up?

Well, mine is;

make the intensity 14

Yeap, i have 5 x R280X from asus, powercolor = 1500 Mh/s

Help please! Trying to mine to  http://max.1gh.com but it doesn't work for me. I get this error:
[2014-02-08 17:26:32] stratum_recv_line failed
[2014-02-08 17:26:32] ...retry after 30 seconds

Works fine for my mate and he sent me his minerd config. :S
under ddos pool move on other IP, check your DNS, or wait 5..10min
Activity: 662
They lost me at the launch, plenty of other junk to pump out there.  It's nice that there's a fast buck in it for some, though.
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

mQezTQwRXmE668v7M5Zraz4fHiFb42Lw6q

Thanks!
Activity: 490
Help please! Trying to mine to  http://max.1gh.com but it doesn't work for me. I get this error:
[2014-02-08 17:26:32] stratum_recv_line failed
[2014-02-08 17:26:32] ...retry after 30 seconds

Works fine for my mate and he sent me his minerd config. :S
Activity: 448

the best thing about this coin, nobody outside this community can get a working wallet or mine this coin, but the real Max or some Stacy is keeping pumping it in the exchange. I cant even think of anything better than that

Cheesy

This has been a masterful orchestration of a launch that gave control of mining to insiders, while maintaining the ruse that "regular" miners were being given a chance to participate. And the end result is that those - like Max Keiser - that want to promote the coin and pump its value have enough coins to manipulate the market. EVERY SINGLE THING that the crypto community is against was done here. And he'll get away with it.
Activity: 140
I hope Keiser buys this shit up and gets a hard lesson in scam coins. He obviously doesn't know shit which was implied when he said he didn't realize the amount of traffic this forum gets.  He should have stuck with bitcoin because alts have evolved to be even more greedy and sneaky than he is
Activity: 266
Anyone know what's up?

Well, mine is;

make the intensity 14

Activity: 78
the best thing about this coin, nobody outside this community can get a working wallet or mine this coin, but the real Max or some Stacy is keeping pumping it in the exchange. I cant even think of anything better than that

Cheesy

Whats wrong with the wallets? My wallets work great, including my QT version.
i confirm that wallet is working, command line wallet, i dont have QT wallet !
Jump to: