Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 242. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
"ypool.net @ypool_net

Due to the massive ongoing DDoS attacks motivated by the addition of MaxCoin we decided to drop support for the coin."

Thanks a fucking bunch, DDoSers  Angry

"ypool.net @ypool_net

Due to the massive ongoing DDoS attacks motivated by the addition of MaxCoin we decided to drop support for the coin."

Thanks a fucking bunch, DDoSers  Angry

Can anyone recommend an alternate pool for ypool.net for mining maxcoins using Archit's arOpenCLMAX?

Nope, that was the only place that supported that type.  Move on to cgminer.

Is the kekack version been compiled yet? Do you have a link please?

The miner can be got from max.1gh.com
I am on there now - getting 307Mh/s per core right now on my 7990 - is there any way to screw a bit more from it?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
i think the NSA is DDOSING

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
CGMiner swears on --thread-concurrency, its normal right?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one
This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

menvW26W6oU3GJwighLYVLVNCzie5s9xRG

thanks !
Activity: 140
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one
This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

menvW26W6oU3GJwighLYVLVNCzie5s9xRG

thanks !
Use his address I have windows so nothing works for me

Download the MaxCoin client from here.<<< not working

Funny....no seriously.....
Oh try HERE<<< not working, sorry  Sad
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
now its time to ask the ultimate question...

Has anyone manage to get a miner to talk to MaxCoinD in both in windows 7 64 ?

I have tried absolutely everything and cant get it to work so I can solo mine.

join a pool, you cant get any coin solo-mining !

dude WHAT THE?!?! I want to solo mine not pool mine... in case you hadn't noticed all the Public pools are being DDossed the Ef out.
you certainly can get coins solo mining and better your chances if you privately pool all your own computer gear...

we seriously need some P2Pool implemeted asap..
Activity: 182
ypool is removing maxcoin due to ddos attack affect entire country of Austria

Ypool what a mess.

The Ddos attacks got to the point of 90Gbit and as Austria only has a 100Gbit back bone they had to take it down because it was affecting the internet for the whole country.

Activity: 187

Funny....no seriously.....
where is Windows wallet link ? The one posted in OP is not working.
Here's a hint spend a few hours reading about compiling and get the programs, learn them then throw it all out the window and shoot shit into the wind to get working what they've provided.
Activity: 63
"ypool.net @ypool_net

"ypool.net @ypool_net

Can anyone recommend an alternate pool for ypool.net for mining maxcoins using Archit's arOpenCLMAX?

Is the kekack version been compiled yet? Do you have a link please?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
"ypool.net @ypool_net

"ypool.net @ypool_net

Hi, don't want toread through 100+ pages, what is a WORKING .conf file for the wallet please?
ah why not it's pretty funny and to answer your questio n your guess is as good as mine there isn't one clearly posted anywhere and good luck getting anything other than an unfinished piece of shit from the devs... lol
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
ypool is removing maxcoin due to ddos attack affect entire country of Austria

Ypool what a mess.

The Ddos attacks got to the point of 90Gbit and as Austria only has a 100Gbit back bone they had to take it down because it was affecting the internet for the whole country.
"ypool.net @ypool_net

"ypool.net @ypool_net

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
where is Windows wallet link ? The one posted in OP is not working.
Activity: 182
Anyone else having problems getting Windows cgminer for 1GH to work?

Also is it possible to run it with a config file?

mine runs OK.

use the flag for config

-c

make a .bat file something like this

C:\users\YOU\desktop\cgminer-windows\cgminer.exe -c

works for me.

That worked, are you having much success with the config file? My hashrate seems about the same if I use it or not

eh, well about the same I think - it shouldn't make any difference. Config seems fine, only problem really is that it's so easy to make typos and have to fart around fixing it.
I have a HD5850 and HD5870 in my modest rig and get around 350Mh/s without any overclocking.

Which reminds me - what is best overclocking for keccak ?

I just started getting payouts from 1gh
Activity: 78
Hi, don't want toread through 100+ pages, what is a WORKING .conf file for the wallet please?
Check out working .config http://pastebin.com/2bS6mQUS
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
"ypool.net @ypool_net

I hope they target other pools as well, this coin must go down with Max Keiser
Activity: 210
now its time to ask the ultimate question...

Has anyone manage to get a miner to talk to MaxCoinD in both in windows 7 64 ?

I have tried absolutely everything and cant get it to work so I can solo mine.

join a pool, you cant get any coin solo-mining !
))) epic hit )

I think... dwarfpool owner is ddoser...  Angry
Jump to: