Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 246. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Why are you all wasting our time and resources on this dud of a coin, plenty of other coins to mine, and make money from. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'll let you know when my new 280x comes on Monday thanks to MaxCoin.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Why are you all wasting our time and resources on this dud of a coin, plenty of other coins to mine, and make money from. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
where i can download normal windows wallet?

https://github.com/Max-Coin/clients/releases/download/v1.0-windows/wallet-windows.zip

this is the official but it crashes for me on Win 8

I had problems with the Windows wallet too, even deleted everything but the wallet & conf file.

The issue (for me) tured out that I still had the gen=1 option in the conf file. I also deleted the other server settings and just left the addnodes in my conf. Worked fine from that point on, no crashes.

thanks
Activity: 140
This coin might have failed being CPU only be I made about £80 in 12 hours with 1 280x XD  Grin
I made almost £200 with 1 280x and 1 7950 in about 10 hours if not less since the pools were down 50% of the time... haha

So tell us the story - what did you do right that everyone else did wrong.... ?

he ddos both and mined solo  Grin
Nope he sucked off Keiser
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Can someone tell me why this coin is so valuable after 2 days? Or what purpose it serves besides making its creator rich really fast ?

I don't think it made the creators rich at all.. the two guys who launched it didn't premine.. and max isnt a miner.

the people who got rich are the botnet operators and those mining farm owners who had the inside info on the CUDA miner..
the way I see it is.. if the guys who launched MAXCOIN had the CUDA miner there is no way they would have released it to the public so early.
Activity: 359
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one
This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

mJkBK67FNwvQJBU7KJu4pSNdshkbuJYGtK

Thanks.
Activity: 378
Anyone having luck tweaking settings in the 1GH CGMiner? I feel like i've tried a number of things, but hash seems to be what it is...

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
My cgminer is working fine but I can't configure the gpu fan with the --gpu-fan, any advice?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
iv'e been mining for a little over an hours with 2 7970's and i have made 3.6 maxcoins.

3.6 * 24 = 86 maxcoins a day. Thats about $300 a day.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
Can someone tell me why this coin is so valuable after 2 days? Or what purpose it serves besides making its creator rich really fast ?

The sheep effect.
Activity: 14
anyone got the Cgminer fork for 1GH to actually work?

why do you think the hashrate exploded ?

chugging away at 4.5 GH/s with my rigs Cheesy

would you like me to post a built version ? Smiley)

Yes Please!  Cheesy
Activity: 210
This coin might have failed being CPU only be I made about £80 in 12 hours with 1 280x XD  Grin
I made almost £200 with 1 280x and 1 7950 in about 10 hours if not less since the pools were down 50% of the time... haha

he ddos both and mined solo  Grin
Yeap  Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096
Simplemining.net Admin
i am trying to mine solo, anybody know why i have this error?

Code:
 [2014-02-08 16:09:15] JSON inval data
 [2014-02-08 16:10:15] No servers were found that could be used to get work from
 [2014-02-08 16:10:15] Please check the details from the list below of the serve
rs you have input
 [2014-02-08 16:10:15] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to ad
d a port, or have not set up workers

ip and port are good,

[2014-02-08 16:11:17] Started cgminer 3.6.6
 [2014-02-08 16:11:18] Probing for an alive pool
 [2014-02-08 16:11:18] JSON inval data
 [2014-02-08 16:11:18] No suitable long-poll found for.....
Activity: 168

There's nothing valuable neither innovative, just hype and marketing from Max Keiser.

Its because of scamfuckers like this that cryptocurrencies will have hard time getting into mainstream. Everyone sees it as a ponzi scheme and idiots like this confirm their suspicions. I hope it BURNS to the ground and his name with it. As for people buying it. please dont be so naive.
Activity: 322

why do you think the hashrate exploded ?

chugging away at 4.5 GH/s with my rigs Cheesy

would you like me to post a built version ? Smiley)
Activity: 196

he ddos both and mined solo  Grin
Activity: 14
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Hello!
I have problem with cgminer with keccak support(https://github.com/Max-Coin/cgminer).
I install his on Xubuntu 13.04:
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native"
./configure --enable-keccak

Configure Options Summary:
libcurl(CGT+getwork).: Enable: -lcurl
curses.TUI...........: NOT FOUND. TUI support DISABLED
OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED
configure: error: No mining configured in
Why is this happening?
Whether the finished manual for installation steps?

It's invalid cgminer. Use cgminer from 1gh - it's fixed by 1gh folks. http://max.1gh.com/

Also, there are problems.
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native"
./configure --enable-keccak

-bash ./configure: No such file or directory

if I use:
sh ./autogen.sh , then:
litecoin@litecoin-desktop:~/cgminer_keccak-master$ sh ./autogen.sh
Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 195.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 195.
configure.ac:39: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
      See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
Configuring...
./autogen.sh: 10: ./autogen.sh: /home/litecoin/cgminer_keccak-master/configure: not found
Activity: 392

There's nothing valuable neither innovative, just hype and marketing from Max Keiser.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
why
Because OMFG MAX KEISER PROMOTES IT!1! IT MUST BE LEGIT!! DIE FOR MK!! OMG STACY IS SO HAWT!!

Roll Eyes
Jump to: