Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 255. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1522
Merit: 1005
I have a some problem with the wallet for Linux 64

~/Descargas/clients-master/Maxcoin-linux64$ ./maxcoin-qt
./maxcoin-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one
This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.
mWHhuokfoEQGyQ7QpFBjrLTvFqnVu8hYPn
same address of course
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Someone please list the pools in one place - with a few pertinent comments - so I can see them all and without hunting through 300 post ?

My list

ypool - working - frequent ddos
1gh - working - frequent ddos
rocketpool - don't know
dwarf - haven't a clue
maxcoinpool - nope ?

what did I miss ?

maxcoinpool with the following ip works:  72.10.169.101

How - their site says they've not started yet ?

edit: my mistake I'm looking at a maxcoin.tk site
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!

• released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

My address, thanks. mSG9MwGrXZb6hBjGCJh7sG1Yu7WvGTiJHK
Activity: 4
is it possible to solo mine with radeon sapphire r9 280x Huh unfortunately are pools are being ddosed so i can only solo mine but i dont know how? with cpu an 80khas it is worthless

this one is working and I mine there

http://max.smalltimeminer.com/index.php?page=dashboard
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!
You can quote this on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

Hi cosurgi - I saw your post on Reddit. I'd be grateful for a coin if you don't want them (to be honest, I can understand why).
My address is mTFWH8VpH2KjVibAS1jNs8Po5m8Gim4mpR. Thank you!   Smiley

dumbass read what he asked you to do.
Activity: 798
"networkhashps" : 1105371477834
Activity: 535
Merit: 502
Someone please list the pools in one place - with a few pertinent comments - so I can see them all and without hunting through 300 post ?

My list

rocketpool - don't know
dwarf - haven't a clue
maxcoinpool - nope ?

what did I miss ?

maxcoinpool with the following ip works:  72.10.169.101
Activity: 11
I cant get cgminer running...

cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxcoinpool.com:4000 -u xxx.xxx -p xxxx

Only get 'Started cgminer 3.6.6'

Any ideas?

same here! could someone help?

Im also running 7970 and R9 280X on two different rigs, but that doesnt matter..
just so you know, your signature links to xpe to btc instead of max to btc
Activity: 196
anyone got solomining working with cgminer ?
my gets stuck at

[2014-02-08 11:22:25] JSON inval data
 [2014-02-08 11:22:25] No suitable long-poll found for http://127.0.0.1:18451

[2014-02-08 12:16:16] Please check the details from the list below of the serv
rs you have input
 [2014-02-08 12:16:16] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to a
d a port, or have not set up workers
 [2014-02-08 12:16:16] Pool: 0  URL: http://127.0.0.1:18451  User: 123  Pass
ord: 456
 [2014-02-08 12:16:16] Press any key to exit, or cgminer will try again in 15s.
 [2014-02-08 12:16:31] JSON inval data

config file is correct. usually solo mining always worked
Activity: 140
Anyone can help me, running linux and need a stratum gpu miner, what to do?

bump
Activity: 182

My list

rocketpool - don't know
dwarf - haven't a clue
maxcoinpool - nope ?

what did I miss ?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcrea.com
I cant get cgminer running...

cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxcoinpool.com:4000 -u xxx.xxx -p xxxx

Only get 'Started cgminer 3.6.6'

Any ideas?

same here! could someone help?

Im also running 7970 and R9 280X on two different rigs, but that doesnt matter..
Activity: 3
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one

You are right, we should dump all maxcoins we have if You dont want to do it Yourself please send it to me
mX2R45DUcZo2kncFvfwaCwhAJHpMFBqBFW
Activity: 505
Did ypool just halt auto-payments? I have MAX over their min auto-payment and no payment
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
What's the best exchange to cash out this 'tard coin? I want to get money for this pile of shit as fast as I can.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
why cant I go above intensity 12 with my 7950?? 

can someone please post some good 7950 or 7850 settings for cgminer?Huh

in my last post there is cgminer download link and wallet link uploaded by @koprobo
you can use my setting as well
but i get crash after couple of minutes
check if it is work for you
Activity: 140
Anyone can help me, running linux and need a stratum gpu miner, what to do?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
The link to the windows wallet is not working...how lame is this launch...its just another epic fail...
Jump to: