Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 256. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one
This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

mYBHmHi73a465RZFJ95R954QjBXUjKh5MX

Thank you so much!  Grin

Activity: 112
So is there a GPU miner for Radeon cards?

Look at page 291
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

• released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.
same address

edit: shoot i was too early
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcrea.com
So is there a GPU miner for Radeon cards?
Activity: 535
Merit: 502
why cant I go above intensity 12 with my 7950?? 

can someone please post some good 7950 or 7850 settings for cgminer?Huh
Activity: 70
is it possible to solo mine with radeon sapphire r9 280x Huh unfortunately are pools are being ddosed so i can only solo mine but i dont know how? with cpu an 80khas it is worthless
I cant get cgminer running...

cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxcoinpool.com:4000 -u xxx.xxx -p xxxx

Only get 'Started cgminer 3.6.6'

Any ideas?

Don't use this address, it's not working. For now proper is 72.10.169.101:4000

Thanks, got it working! I get ~70000 MH/s (maxcoinpool dashboard) or 750 MH/s (cgminer), I have no idea if thats bad or good... Running 2x6990

Can't get cgminer running with intensity set over 14, cores are pretty cool so I don't think I get full performance...
Activity: 266
jusk lock signups smalltimeminer before the pool craps out ffs
Do they even pay? I already have 11 coins and requested a manual payout, but nothing is happening.
Okay they do, just received the money.
Activity: 322
can anyone please tell me how to mine this with gpu and in which pool?
thanks

You must use special cgminer: http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/52542824/file.html

And run it with command (windows): cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://yourpool -u user -p password
At the end of this command line you can add settings for your card, for my 280x is: -I 13 -g 1 -w 128
Pools: http://maxcoinpool.com/ http://dwarfpool.com/max

Windows wallet (only maxcoin-qt.exe, it works) - https://mega.co.nz/#!Fd51nY5K!7LrtIUDRaMFGGj6pXsq0QTolrWRohCjuGrnQxGCZ7n4
.conf file - http://pastebin.com/CkJxg9dS

My uploads haven't any virus, don't worry.

TIPS: mSwWW7jV5VrdRJFVwpoChd5hi1Gvbv1Pjd
thanks @koprobo
i applied your setting in cgminer that you uploaded and it gives me 310 mh on 7950
but my WU is max 70 and it crashed after couple of minutes
my setting is
cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum +tcp://72.10.169.101:4000 -u user -p password -I 13
any advice please?
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
this saga is getting worse and worse there will be people out for blood when dust settles
max's rep is shot to pieces
thousands of people tricked into over paying for max
and it will get dumped like the sack of shit it is leaving the poor people of the crypto community hold bags of crap coins
but hey aslong as max and his devs made some money thats all that matters
FUKING ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING MAX AND U SUPPORT THIS BEHAVIOUR AND U EVEN SAID U WERE HAPPY WITH THE LAUNCH.HAPPY THAT U AND YOUR DEVS SHIT ON ABOUT 80% OF THE CRYPTO COMMUNITY.
Activity: 266
Do they even pay? I already have 11 coins and requested a manual payout, but nothing is happening.
Activity: 249

You can quote this on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

All your points are FALSE. You are totally wrong mate.
  • developers just tried to do a fair launch, they had some mistakes, but still i have seen worst launchments
  • released untested binaries worked ok since first minute, just if you don't know how to use them is not our problem
  • what is the problem about pushing binaries in github??? You don't even know how to use binaries, as stated above... I can not imagine if they only gave source to github...
  • The source compiles like every other wallet and miner sources, just adding the new algo instruction...
  • The people that didn't know how to compile (like me) were able to participate in the launch by using cli binaries and the miner binaries released by the community
  • I don't know about official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk", maybe you are right, but even I dont have info about that... I mined in 3 pools and everything was right.
  • max.1gh.com was able to give information to their workers from twitter and thread in bitcointalk, they also released miner with stratum enable the first and also released cgminer relatively faster than others... so what is the problem? DDOS? It is no maxcoin or 1gh.com fault...
  • Maxcoin people maybe are new to crypto community, still pretty decent launchmen. I must remark that I am not affiliate to max keiser or maxcoin devs in any way, I am just a regular altcoins miner....
  • Miner is working for every cpu, gpu ati and gpu amd, pretty decently... HOW MANY CRYPTOCURRENCIES CAN SAY THAT? And still better because is not currently owned by ASIC centralization, like bitcoin....
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
WITH POOL went DOWN. BIG FARM is RICH NOW !!!
Activity: 298
mWHhuokfoEQGyQ7QpFBjrLTvFqnVu8hYPn
sent, tx: ea8e05923b065e7e4238858534165236ade71398237322f71d1518032fb43df0
I'm going out with kids, I will check in few hours. Don't fret out if I don't send instantly.
Activity: 26

My mistake,
Thanks again.

mTFWH8VpH2KjVibAS1jNs8Po5m8Gim4mpR

P.S. Anyone looking for a pool http://maxcoinpool.com/ is working, though intermittently.
Activity: 11

mWHhuokfoEQGyQ7QpFBjrLTvFqnVu8hYPn
Activity: 30
HOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your coins !!

this coin is highly undervalued, need help with windows wallets or anything max coin send me pm with what you want done.

I sync my wallet in 3 minutes.. not sure what ya'll missing.

Yeah right, i guess you bout at 0.02+ and your pissing yourself now? You will not see that price again for a seriously long time of maybe NEVER, if you do dump that shitcoin.
why this cgminer isnt working solo? ;/ there is only cudaminer that can connect to wallet and mine solo

in cgminer i have this error:
JSON inval data

Activity: 298
You can quote this on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

Hi cosurgi - I saw your post on Reddit. I'd be grateful for a coin if you don't want them (to be honest, I can understand why).
My address is mTFWH8VpH2KjVibAS1jNs8Po5m8Gim4mpR. Thank you!   Smiley
You have to quote my whole post for that Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Jump to: