Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 325. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
This was the worst launch ever!

Yeah, all because MaxCoin floiled their own launch.
+1  Roll Eyes
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
This was the worst launch ever!

Yeah, all because MaxCoin floiled their own launch.
Activity: 56
http://puu.sh/6N0ip.png

wtf is happening? all this bcs of maxcoin?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Well I for one lost in total about 10 Hours on this coin due to a completely UNFAIR and MESSED UP launch.  As most of us make money from mining and our machine out of action means losses I personally think we should all get together ( those who has lost money due to this launch ) and consider taking a joint law suit to recover lost revenues from these devs.
You sound like you deserved to loose mining time. The devs never asked you to do a thing, mining a particular coin is vouluntary, just because you couldn't get your act together whilst others could is obviously nobody's fault but your own.  I made more money mining MaxCoin today than I did mining DOGE the past week and a bit. Very pleased.

Right Linux or cudaminer? Its not about getting act together its about have a level playing field which was promised from devs.  CPU mining.  They allowed it to be delayed for 24 hours.  Allowed the source to get out.  Allowed people to mod a miner for cuda.  All down to devs incompetence.

Windows people were promised a fair launch.  It was not a fair launch for windows users.  We were ready.  We were prepared.  But we were given shit.

Thats not use not getting act together its devs screwing us over.

Devs offered a service.  We put resources towards that.  That service failed.  We have right to claim back loses for their failure.
Activity: 42
I have three quad core machines working overnight for 10 hours and now have 96 maxcoins.

No idea if that's good or terrible.

My money is on terrible ;-)

Well, since I have two quad-core machines, now active for about 9 hours, and have accumulated just 0.54 maxcoins...less than 1% of what you've garnered...I'm curious, are you mining solo, or through a pool?
Activity: 89
As Tony Montana said, "fuck this fucking shit"  Cool
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Why is 1 MAX so expensive? Is it forever or cost will fall?

because they are idiots, devs got all the coins and are selling  to themself trying to create volume and keep price high,

sure it will drop... to zero, is shitcoin, there is no reason but stupidity to buy such thing at that price.

OFCOURSE it will drop, currently the price is approx $1 / Max (in dollar terms) so you're valuing the coin to be $250Million marketcap in the near future ! (just half of litecoin) what kind of return would you expect as an investor if the price is this much from day 1, negative returns ofcourse! Anyone who buys at these prices will be holding a bag, it's not logical and artificially pumped by greed/hype.

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Well I for one lost in total about 10 Hours on this coin due to a completely UNFAIR and MESSED UP launch.  As most of us make money from mining and our machine out of action means losses I personally think we should all get together ( those who has lost money due to this launch ) and consider taking a joint law suit to recover lost revenues from these devs.
You sound like you deserved to loose mining time. The devs never asked you to do a thing, mining a particular coin is vouluntary, just because you couldn't get your act together whilst others could is obviously nobody's fault but your own.  I made more money mining MaxCoin today than I did mining DOGE the past week and a bit. Very pleased. Unfortunately this thread has been hijacked by a lot of stupid people.

MaxCoin is an open source project, the devs don't owe the community anything. If you don't like the code then go and fix it, and contribute something back to the MaxCoin community like they have.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Is there a stratum implementation for the pools in the meanwhile ?
http://max.1gh.com/ - use Stratum protocol
Activity: 12
I have three quad core machines working overnight for 10 hours and now have 96 maxcoins.

No idea if that's good or terrible.

My money is on terrible ;-)
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Is there a stratum implementation for the pools in the meanwhile ?
Activity: 70
Well I for one lost in total about 10 Hours on this coin due to a completely UNFAIR and MESSED UP launch.  As most of us make money from mining and our machine out of action means losses I personally think we should all get together ( those who has lost money due to this launch ) and consider taking a joint law suit to recover lost revenues from these devs and Max of course Smiley
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
[/quote.   Its forever, the price if cryptos never change

It'll settle in the 00025000 range within a week or 2
Activity: 294
[/quote.   Its forever, the price if cryptos never change
Activity: 262

because they are idiots, devs got all the coins and are selling  to themself trying to create volume and keep price high,

sure it will drop... to zero, is shitcoin, there is no reason but stupidity to buy such thing at that price.
Activity: 12
Developers use gpu miner, nice joke...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
NO BODY know yet.  Cheesy

Activity: 644
Activity: 42
Hmm...

After compiling libcryptopp.so.6 per the instructions, maxcoin-qt now runs, does not crash, and tells me I have ...a MaxCoin balance of zero.

This, after several hours of

./minerd -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mSYhHxmENq65PTAZcVc3HhFsMNbmDopoHi -p x

...during which I saw 17 accepted shares, yay!!!

Is anyone else doing mining for 1gh.com and not getting paid anything???

Your page is http://max.1gh.com/user?wallet=mSYhHxmENq65PTAZcVc3HhFsMNbmDopoHi
You have 0.1498 MAX!
Read http://max.1gh.com/
"Payouts are made automatically when reaching 0.2 MAX!!!"
0.1498 < 0.2 !!!!!!!!

You need more power ))

Aha!!! So that's how it works!

This is a Phenom IIx4 965 quad-core at 3.0GHz.
My other computer is an i3570k at 3.4GHz.  It shows 82 accepted shares.  So I probably do have 0.2 or maybe even 0.4 MAX on that machine.

Hmm ...wonder if I'm making enough to pay for the electricity?
Jump to: