Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 353. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
SPAM THIS TOPIC FOR THIS SCAM COIN OR DDOS ATACK THE MAXCOIN WEBSITE
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
if anyone buys this shit, your just lining the pockets of the scam devs
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
well... someone buying this... The price is going up..
legendary
Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042
Lol have a little dignity and dont buy this peace of shit.   Tongue  
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
A mid GPU has 40x edge on a top CPU??? Disgusting scam.

why is it a scam? SHA-3 (Keccak) was designed to be parallelizable and ASIC
friendly. That fact the developers initially didn't provide a working GPU miner
does NOT mean that noone else would be able to provide one.

I ported the single round Kekkac256 to CUDA within a day (coincidencially the
24 hours that the MaxCoin developers have decided to delay the launch).

If the launch had taken place at the original date, there would not have
been a CUDA miner supporting it. In fact the delay inspired me to work on it.
That and the availability of the maxcoin-cpuminer source code at the original
launch day.

I am sure there will also be keccak capable CGMiner forks available very soon.

Christian

You did a great job, and many appreciate it.

If you want to blame anyone for this failure of a coin, blame the incompetent developers.

Instead of botnets you got GPU farms. What's the damn difference?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Hurry up Coins-e and complete my order!

I spent like .1 bitcoin and ended up with ~500,000 maxcoin.

Got in the first 10 minutes. Such luck.

Really want to start buying bitcoin now, but can not as it has not cleared. (yet)

Thoughts??

Where is your order, I dont see anyone having 500k coins because they arent even available you goof!
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Where can i check network hashrate???  i'm mining solo with only 80khas/s so i think i will not come far  Undecided

if you're running the command line

./bitcoind getmininginfo

or from the QT GUI vesion go to help, debug console and type the same - getmininginfo

Smiley
Activity: 224
those 2 scam devs knew what they were at, the were branding a super fair launch coin etc..but in reality there agenda was ultimately to make it difficult super complicated to mine from the start so they could have a bigger window to mine, as there was no premine from the start this would be how they could get around it to accumulate a significant amount of coins for themself.

They can't get away without answering that.
Maxcoin's cgminer is literally a straight copy of eropi4's keccak cgminer with a tiny buggy change in the keccak code. Very amateur work
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I warned Max multiple times he hired the most incompetent devs possible. It will be tough to kill this one off with the amount of hype it will get but it sure deserves to die.

He actually paid someone for this?
Of course not, didn't you see the episode, it was a couple of guys from one of the local Uni's or something like that who wanted to make a coin. I guess they figured if they call it Maxcoin they can get a plug on his show.

Activity: 70
Where can i check network hashrate???  i'm mining solo with only 80khas/s so i think i will not come far  Undecided
Activity: 29
MAXCOIN IS NOW ON EXCHANGE -
GET THEM WHILE THERE CHEAP

https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/MAX_BTC/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bought some, its quite cheap!!!

Yea,

Also uploading the wallet to anubis, will post result
It's something wrong with this ..if you put the maxcoin.conf in the folder the wallet starts mining itself Smiley)))) with any command....  in solo mode you can't change any settings ..hmmm

Hmmm...your right. I can't access the settings either.  Pulling it till I can figure out why the settings are messed up.

Definitely is not automatically mining though.

Code:
getmininginfo

19:28:10
{
"blocks" : 582,
"currentblocksize" : 1151,
"currentblocktx" : 1,
"difficulty" : 365.82991714,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 49184337129,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
those 2 scam devs knew what they were at, the were branding a super fair launch coin etc..but in reality there agenda was ultimately to make it difficult super complicated to mine from the start so they could have a bigger window to mine, as there was no premine from the start this would be how they could get around it to accumulate a significant amount of coins for themself.
Activity: 6
Hurry up Coins-e and complete my order!

I spent like .1 bitcoin and ended up with ~500,000 maxcoin.

Got in the first 10 minutes. Such luck.

Really want to start buying bitcoin now, but can not as it has not cleared. (yet)

Thoughts??

Activity: 28
Here is a Windows QT for MaxCoin.  I have made the Windows QT execs for CACHE, Panda, and CGA, so I can be trusted. This took a while so if anyone is feeling generous or would like to provide a bounty, my MaxCoin address is:

mb59ybTSSWmcWwYGXNuUmFfjV4TQc8mEEB

The QT can be found here:

http://www.chainbrowser.com/qt/MaxCoin.zip

Here is an image as proof:

http://s28.postimg.org/uqm2exh1p/maxcoin.jpg

yo i sent some maxcoin using your client but they dont confirm, it's been half an hour already, not one confirmation, whats going on?
It's something wrong with this ..if you put the maxcoin.conf in the folder the wallet starts mining itself Smiley)))) with any command....  in solo mode you can't change any settings ..hmmm

you have gen=1 in conf
Activity: 72
I warned Max multiple times he hired the most incompetent devs possible. It will be tough to kill this one off with the amount of hype it will get but it sure deserves to die.

He actually paid someone for this?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Here is a Windows QT for MaxCoin.  I have made the Windows QT execs for CACHE, Panda, and CGA, so I can be trusted. This took a while so if anyone is feeling generous or would like to provide a bounty, my MaxCoin address is:

mb59ybTSSWmcWwYGXNuUmFfjV4TQc8mEEB

The QT can be found here:

http://www.chainbrowser.com/qt/MaxCoin.zip

Here is an image as proof:

yo i sent some maxcoin using your client but they dont confirm, it's been half an hour already, not one confirmation, whats going on?

I'm working on the official wallet qt so please use the official one when it is uploaded to the maxcoin website. Thanks!
Activity: 126
At least there's a max coin cap  Roll Eyes

Can anyone give me suggestions on the next scam to mine  Cheesy
Activity: 144
just 1 working pool would do it....
Jump to: