Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 354. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1572
Merit: 1057
Here is a Windows QT for MaxCoin.  I have made the Windows QT execs for CACHE, Panda, and CGA, so I can be trusted. This took a while so if anyone is feeling generous or would like to provide a bounty, my MaxCoin address is:

mb59ybTSSWmcWwYGXNuUmFfjV4TQc8mEEB

The QT can be found here:

http://www.chainbrowser.com/qt/MaxCoin.zip

Here is an image as proof:

yo i sent some maxcoin using your client but they dont confirm, it's been half an hour already, not one confirmation, whats going on?
It's something wrong with this ..if you put the maxcoin.conf in the folder the wallet starts mining itself Smiley)))) with any command....  in solo mode you can't change any settings ..hmmm
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
I warned Max multiple times he hired the most incompetent devs possible. It will be tough to kill this one off with the amount of hype it will get but it sure deserves to die.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
With all this stress and rage here, why not get some tea...coin. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-teacoin-tea-bittrex-fast-0-premine-25-inflation-434432
At least it has 0 premine and launch went perfectly Grin
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Why is the orderbook empty?
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
What a major #fail this launch was.  What idiots coded this, left overs from Obamacare website?
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
coingen better than this
except it doesn't do sha3 or allow you to select the block retarget.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
C:\Users\UI\Desktop>maxcoind getbalance

with 80khas/s i think the balance will be always 0.0  Sad
Activity: 252
coingen better than this
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
The "official" maxcoin cgminer is non-functional as it is. There are bugs and it will crash with buffer overruns, do not use it. Even when I correct the bugs I still can't get a single share accepted so I assume it's using a different algorithm.

Their cgminer is literally a straight copy of eropi4's keccak cgminer with a tiny buggy change in the keccak code. Very amateur work.

I'm going to play with it some to see if I can get the correct algorithm running in it but no promises. Also, if someone has already done this let me know so I don't waste my time.

+1

Good luck Smiley
Activity: 262
total scam,

everything was staged,

devs sell to themselves in no sense prices, keeping price high and dumping coins

with so much media attention and crap, it was obvious they wanted to take some big profit there

this coin will die quick, i feel idiot to move some coins to buy it cheap, this coin is crap, and SHA-3 is made to be hardware coded

so this coin can have special ASICs too.

Let it die, dont spend bitcoins to buy this crap.
Activity: 28
I love the miner who sold himself 0.00020000 of a MAX at a rate of 2.5 BTC
Activity: 42
Activity: 140
yo i sent some maxcoin using your client but they dont confirm, it's been half an hour already, not one confirmation, whats going on?

What's the transaction id? The only way that would happen is if this thing has forked already.
Activity: 170
The "official" maxcoin cgminer is non-functional as it is. There are bugs and it will crash with buffer overruns, do not use it. Even when I correct the bugs I still can't get a single share accepted so I assume it's using a different algorithm.

Their cgminer is literally a straight copy of eropi4's keccak cgminer with a tiny buggy change in the keccak code. Very amateur work.

I'm going to play with it some to see if I can get the correct algorithm running in it but no promises. Also, if someone has already done this let me know so I don't waste my time.
I also ran it and it looked fine but after like half a minute it crashed and it won't start anymore more, crashes instantly. Anyone has any more experience with it?

Working fine for me.  Trying cleaning out your maxcoin data folder (except for wallet.dat) and trying again.  To be safe just make a copy of the data folder and copy the wallet.dat from that folder into the new one. Use the conf file included in the zip in the new data folder and start the exec.
Activity: 126
Seems legit.
Activity: 1
Can someone point me in the right direction to mine Either Solo or Pool for Mac....I set up a droplet last night but further instruction would be greatly apprecieated.
ALLSO is there a Mac maxcoin wallet out there that will actually work and available for download? t

ANY HELP GREALY APPRECIATED
WILL SEND MAX COIN UPON COMPLETION haha
Activity: 168
Been mining for 4 hours and still have a 0 balance?!!!!!
NET HASH 48 GH/S !!!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Jump to: