Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 433. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
Fuck you op
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
If this is mainly CPU mining, does this mean we can simultaneously leave our GPU Miners mining DOGE or whatever?

You will need to leave a core (or maybe thread?) free for the GPU to work with.

good advice i do that for my ATI card and my Nvidia card on separate machines
and it's even more important i think for cgminer than cudaminer..
cgminer tends to slow down if you don't.. you'll notice by watching the total GPU usage
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
If this is mainly CPU mining, does this mean we can simultaneously leave our GPU Miners mining DOGE or whatever?

You will need to leave a core (or maybe thread?) free for the GPU to work with.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Yes you can Wink
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Sure, just like any other cpu coin
Activity: 12
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
ok i'm going to quit rammbling on here Wink

if ya guys wanna chat with me or ?
..you want to because i am the knower and haver of all things seen and known !
maybe come to the cryptsy channel on IRC ?
https://webchat.freenode.net/
join #Cryptsy

I'm there already and using the same name.

I can't take the excitement anymore waiting for the coin release..
My fish flaps are foamy and me panties are drenched so bad you could drown a toddler in them Shocked
Its laundry day tomorrow and my stink trench is showing no respect to the washing machine !

Max Coin For me to have Yes ? Very waiting and much long time Sad
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So cudaminer will get SKYHIGH hashes while everyone else with ATI gpu and cpu (almost everyone) will get low hashes?
Fair launch? nope.

Either release gpu miners for everyone to use at launch, or make all gpu miners unusable somehow. But then botnets will make it unfair.

A fair launch is pretty much out of reach at this rate.

don't worry my geforce gtx card is slower than my cpu...
Activity: 19
From: http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1x6k1z/maxcoin_specifications_important/

"we are going to implement an "ASIC protection" feature into MaxCoin. This will work by allowing the blockchain to decide a new hashing algorithm for MaxCoin every x blocks. "

"It's also worth noting that any GPU miner created will not work after the first algorithm switch takes place."

If i understand this correctly, they are trying to prevent (hold back, make it difficult) to GPU mine this coin?

Activity: 126
So cudaminer will get SKYHIGH hashes while everyone else with ATI gpu and cpu (almost everyone) will get low hashes?
Fair launch? nope.

Either release gpu miners for everyone to use at launch, or make all gpu miners unusable somehow. But then botnets will make it unfair.

A fair launch is pretty much out of reach at this rate.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
i cant download cudaminer, mega is not working
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
AMD | Mining | NVIDIA
Cái đéo gì có ra coin hay ko ? delay hôm này qua hôm khác thì coin có giá con mẹ gì

eбaть-кoлoтить, чe этo зa нaxyй?

Лoл.

Гyгл тpaнcлeйт гoвopит чтo этo вьeтнaмcкий.

Чтo eбaть имeть мoнeтy или нeт? Этo былo зaдepжки в дpyгoй дeнь, тo, чтo eбaть цeнным мoнeтa
Grin Grin Grin
oни вo вpeмя yчёбы в CCCP нayчилиcь пo фeнe бoтaть Grin
Grin Grin Grin
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
i am just trying to make sure FUD is not being spread.. FEAR, Doubt and uncertainty.

FUD = FEAR, Doubt and uncertainty

Wouldnt it be FDU ?

Correction:  FUD = FEAR, Uncertainty and Doubt

(You can tell that I am bored waiting for more news about Maxcoin) lol

i noticed that and i chose to spell it in that order on purpose  Tongue

oh and wouldnt it be "wouldn't" ?

Grammar Nazi hahaha

and yeah me too Wink
Lets go already release her to the masses Max !
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
for questions about GPU mining you should read that Cudaminer topic Wink
and guys ATI will have cgminer updated soon if not already so don't worry about that.
I have an ATI 7950 i wanna try using too as well as some cpu miners i want to run also.

i am just trying to make sure FUD is not being spread.. FEAR, Doubt and uncertainty.

this is like any other coin.. they launch it and what happens happens.. this is nothing new
i have seen a lot of comments saying so many crazy negative things and its silly nonsense.

relax and wait and when its released choose how you want to mine it and have fun.. don't worry about it Smiley
Since we're all first in line even if your a little guy you should do ok mining..
For example when ADT was released i mined that with a Nvidia 550Ti and i made like 15 million coins in a few days
and when i said that later people were shocked and were like.. how did you get so much ? easy difficulty that is how lol
So seriously don't sweat it.. i see nothing unfair going on in the slightest and if i did ? i would scream it loud and clear..
i am known for that lol

so you are saying that my ATI 7950 will give me the hash what CUDA gives? lol
Not sure about that.

it will end up being faster and use less power i guarantee it.. you'll see Wink
Activity: 109
Bitcoin Foundation Member

FUD = FEAR, Doubt and uncertainty

Wouldnt it be FDU ?

Correction:  FUD = FEAR, Uncertainty and Doubt

(You can tell that I am bored waiting for more news about Maxcoin) lol

Activity: 266
Guys much more important than that mining shit (in a few days everyone is gonna mine on gpu) is that there is support from major exchanges. I still haven't heard any official word from mcxnow.com, we should make sure rs adds it quickly when it's launched.
Activity: 143
Cái đéo gì có ra coin hay ko ? delay hôm này qua hôm khác thì coin có giá con mẹ gì

eбaть-кoлoтить, чe этo зa нaxyй?

Лoл.

Гyгл тpaнcлeйт гoвopит чтo этo вьeтнaмcкий.

Чтo eбaть имeть мoнeтy или нeт? Этo былo зaдepжки в дpyгoй дeнь, тo, чтo eбaть цeнным мoнeтa
Grin Grin Grin
oни вo вpeмя yчёбы в CCCP нayчилиcь пo фeнe бoтaть Grin
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
From the official cgminer thread on Bitcointalk:

Quote from: ress on Today at 12:38:12 PM
"Is there any chance that Keccak (SHA3) mining will work on AMD GPUs?  Smiley"

ckolivas
None.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4971905

it will be modded by a third party (of course)
since version 3.7.2 of cgminer they officially stopped supporting SCRYPT
so yeah DUH.. of course they are not going to support SHA3 lol
why would you even ask ?
Activity: 97
for questions about GPU mining you should read that Cudaminer topic Wink
and guys ATI will have cgminer updated soon if not already so don't worry about that.
I have an ATI 7950 i wanna try using too as well as some cpu miners i want to run also.

this is like any other coin.. they launch it and what happens happens.. this is nothing new
i have seen a lot of comments saying so many crazy negative things and its silly nonsense.

relax and wait and when its released choose how you want to mine it and have fun.. don't worry about it Smiley
Since we're all first in line even if your a little guy you should do ok mining..
For example when ADT was released i mined that with a Nvidia 550Ti and i made like 15 million coins in a few days
and when i said that later people were shocked and were like.. how did you get so much ? easy difficulty that is how lol
So seriously don't sweat it.. i see nothing unfair going on in the slightest and if i did ? i would scream it loud and clear..
i am known for that lol

so you are saying that my ATI 7950 will give me the hash what CUDA gives? lol
Not sure about that.
Activity: 294

Kimoto Gravity Well Cool
Jump to: