Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 434. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Better prepare my droplets for tonight.

Edit: Or maybe not. Seems people developed an insane GPU miner..
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis
From the official cgminer thread on Bitcointalk:

Quote from: ress on Today at 12:38:12 PM
"Is there any chance that Keccak (SHA3) mining will work on AMD GPUs?  Smiley"

ckolivas
None.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4971905
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
for questions about GPU mining you should read that Cudaminer topic Wink
and guys ATI will have cgminer updated soon if not already so don't worry about that.
I have an ATI 7950 i wanna try using too as well as some cpu miners i want to run also.

i am just trying to make sure FUD is not being spread.. FEAR, Doubt and uncertainty.

this is like any other coin.. they launch it and what happens happens.. this is nothing new
i have seen a lot of comments saying so many crazy negative things and its silly nonsense.

relax and wait and when its released choose how you want to mine it and have fun.. don't worry about it Smiley
Since we're all first in line even if your a little guy you should do ok mining..
For example when ADT was released i mined that with a Nvidia 550Ti and i made like 15 million coins in a few days
and when i said that later people were shocked and were like.. how did you get so much ? easy difficulty that is how lol
So seriously don't sweat it.. i see nothing unfair going on in the slightest and if i did ? i would scream it loud and clear..
i am known for that lol
Activity: 168
from experience with animecoin that used anime algo, solo mining from the wallet is a lot slower than a compiled minerd.

i'm pretty sure it will be the same with maxcoin.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
So you can mine with CPU or GPU after the first nether vortex grazityz forkwell? Im assuming GPU mining will grant a larger yield, is this correct?
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
i examined the code closely by using Beyond Compare and there is not much changes as i said earlier and was swiftly ignored
(and told i was full of shit)

i have already stated many time the code (leaked) is nothing more than an exact copy of
Neisklar's Github hosted cpu miner code posted on the Quark ANN topic.
And what was changed was all other algo's except SHA3 were deleted and a few lines of text were changed.. that is it.
This coin is a rip off of Securecoin / Quark etc and it offers no other feature that is new in any way what so ever
and is in no way any more fair than pretty much every other coin out there..
this is even worse than most other coins (scrypt) because this will be raped hard by CPU Botnets AND GPU's
and if it were scrypt CPU miner Botnets would not be viable at all..
Activity: 126
here is another one of my Nvidia GPU's for testing and this one like the other is using ZERO % usage
i have not made ANY effort to test out the settings yet i wanted to run it and make sure it works.. i'll tweak the bat file later Smiley
oooh noes teh memetards showded me'z Sad

So basically you got it to work on Keccak (SHA-3), you do know apparently the code has been slightly altered hence a fair launch

so? skilled programmer will hack that code to mine faster than an average noob sets his CPU pool miner up :
Activity: 130
here is another one of my Nvidia GPU's for testing and this one like the other is using ZERO % usage
i have not made ANY effort to test out the settings yet i wanted to run it and make sure it works.. i'll tweak the bat file later Smiley

So basically you got it to work on Keccak (SHA-3), you do know apparently the code has been slightly altered hence a fair launch
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
The coin hasn't been launched yet, they are going to launch today because of problems yesterday.

The pools listed will not be working at launch. As far as I know nothing has changed with respect to launch parameters. We will get a wallet at launch and will be able to solo mine. I suggest you do so. Pools will be available once the pool operators have the source for the coin and get it working on their pool. External miners will be available once developers get their hands on the source and modify cgminer to work. That may be a few hours into launch so mine with the wallet when this coin comes out.

Sorry if this is obvious, but to start solo mining trough the wallet. Do I have to set up special parameters to do so? Or is it just push button "start mining"  and I'm on my way?

Open the debug console and enter setgenerate true - that's it.

Thanks, Do you also know where the official CPU miner is? I just read on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1x6k1z/maxcoin_specifications_important/)
that the CPU miner is released yesterday, still I don't see on on official channels, you know about it?

ps. Do you guys trust coins-e.com ? I'm hesitated to fund some BTC on there..
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™

so that post i made about the pools didn't interest you huh ?
Activity: 224
what two officials pools ? that is what i keep asking and you guys keep ignoring me (and others asking)

Check their website: http://www.maxcoin.co.uk/ , on the bottom of the page.

Actually there is now only one pool, they have removed the second one.

thank you.
i wanted to cross reference the two pools like i said earlier that the Virus poster announced ..get it or is my "engrish" Much good ?

also to the guy saying the source was leaked is to blame.. you don't know squat so don't spout off okthx
the GPU miner for nvidia would have been made within minutes of the coin launch anyway..
also the Nvidia miner is windows AND linux
STOP spreading FUD .. half of you are clueless and should be quiet about things you don't understand
and yeah i know because i am compiling it right now on Windows with the included VISUAL STUDIO project file cudaminer comes with.

Much FUD ? very yes !

1. *yawn* anger issues
2. You are wrong (again), the official miner was posted by Stacy
3. "GPU miner for nvidia would have been made within minutes of the coin launch anyway.."  False, the guys have been tweaking CUDA parameters for hours.

Now you're ignored, have a good day.

As if who gives a shxt whether you care or not.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
Starting Algorithm: Keccak (SHA-3)
Total coins: 250,000,000
Block reward: 96 MaxCoin per block, halving every ~12 months with min reward of 1
Difficulty: Retargeting using Kimoto Gravity Well algorithm
Block time: 30 seconds
Cryptography Tech Spec
MaxCoin uses the Keccak (SHA-3) hashing algorithm for its Proof-of-Work. Keccak was selected as an alternative to the NSA designed SHA256 after a 5-year long competition held by the NIST and will be seen increasingly as the algorithm used in banking and other secure applications. A single round of Keccak is used, resulting in a 256 bit hash.
We have also implemented a provably-secure signing algorithm, EC-Schnorr. Every existing cryptocurrency uses the ECDSA algorithm, as chosen by Satoshi; whilst ECDSA is in common use and is secure, EC-Schnorr is provably more secure and is currently being recommended over it (https://www.enisa.europa.eu/activities/identity-and-trust/library/deliverables/algorithms-key-sizes-and-parameters-report/at_download/fullReport). Additionally, MaxCoin changes the elliptic curve utilised within the signing algorithms from a Koblitz curve, secp256k1, to a more secure psuedo-random one, secp256r1. The use of the latter curve is recommended almost universally - and the decision by Satoshi to use the former is one that is often queried in the Bitcoin world. One theory is that there are some speed advantages to using the Koblitz curve, but, the implementation used in Bitcoin (OpenSSL) does not make use of this optimisation and, thus, the result is reduced-security.
The cryptography choices within MaxCoin have been made to maximise security and, where possible, to minimise NSA influence. We have been advised throughout by the renowed cryptography expert Professor Nigel Smart (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Smart_(cryptographer)).
These changes also lay the foundation for some key features we're aiming to implement in MaxCoin over the coming months, so while they may currently appear uninteresting changes they pave the way for our future growth.
What do you mean by "Starting Algorithm"?
This is an issue of hardware miner resistance, such as ASICs. Keccak is the starting algorithm for MaxCoin and at this point in time no hardware miner currently exists. However, creating a Keccak ASIC is not impossible. Therefore, in order to protect against a hardware-miner future we are going to implement an "ASIC protection" feature into MaxCoin. This will work by allowing the blockchain to decide a new hashing algorithm for MaxCoin every x blocks. More specifically, the last authenticated transaction's hash is used to determine an integer and depending on this value an algorithm will be selected. This will mean hardware miners will find it difficult to create hardware in enough time to see profitable return. Purely for example, these could be:
x Algorithm 0 Keccak 1 Blake 2 Grostlx2 3 JH 4 Skein 5 Blake2 6 JH(Grostl) 7 Keccak+Blake
Difficulty & Distribution
MaxCoin will have a zero % premine, proven by the timestamps of the first blocks in a block explorer, and we have attempted to combat low-difficulty instamining with a fast retarget rate up until block 200. At block 200 the Kimoto Gravity Well implementation will take over the retargeting.
Mining is done via CPU at release (mining guides about to be released also on this subreddit), but a GPU miner will not be far away. We've seen some versions in the works already after we released CPUminer yesterday, and while we have not yet seen a working version, this is very unlikely to take long. We'll update all official channels with Keccak GPU miner once it is available. It's also worth noting that any GPU miner created will not work after the first algorithm switch takes place.
so i can just use reg cudaminer for this? or does it need to be altered?

Regular cudaminer has been updated to support SHA-3, sources are available, binaries will be available 30 minutes before launch (no guarantee the code is error-free and working at time of launch).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4971283

Thnx
Activity: 798

Regular cudaminer has been updated to support SHA-3, sources are available, binaries will be available 30 minutes before launch (no guarantee the code is error-free and working at time of launch).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4971283
Activity: 644
P2P The Planet!

nvr mnd i got it now
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™
i really hate lippy idiot brats...
who's laughing now meme fags Wink

I've posted that the updated cudaminer is available and ready to be compiled on any OS hours ago. Not sure what you are talking about?

i'm not sure what your talking about either.. your just being a little dick and dog piling on me with the other losers
and now your back tracking LOL

Pro Tip: read what i wrote.. that would give you a hint to what i was talking about Wink
funny how that works huh ?
Activity: 210
It's real. Check out this thread. They have been posting multiple screenshots proving that it works. Is it that hard to do a simple search?

Guess I forgot the  Wink !

So, MaxCoin will be delayed til tomorrow?
legendary
FUD Philanthropist™

Jump to: