Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 510. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis
This coin launches soon, where are the wallets and miners? Did I miss the page with all the links?

Cfx.

Not published yet.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
This coin launches soon, where are the wallets and miners? Did I miss the page with all the links?

Cfx.
People who voted CPU-only haven't been around long enough or aren't tech savvy enough to appreciate the power of botnets.

I don't have a GPU farm so I'd love CPU only to be viable and fair for the masses, but unless you have some genius innovation to nullify botnets, its a pipe dream.

All we can do is fire up some cloud servers for a few hours and hope to do battle with the botnets until it becomes unrealistic. That's not particularly fair for anyone with a single CPU home computer though..

LOL try using your brain.

Coin release 7.30.  CPU mined.  Probably a lot of solo miners.  ( no bot nets at this point because it would be at least a few hours before they could even get the network configured ).

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.  Solo miners join pool.. everyone mines in pools and making coins.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

7.30 coin release.  GPU miners with huge farms jump on.  No one with under 2-3 gpu's can solo because gpu farms too big.
Everyone join pools.
GPU miners pump ready to dump.

SO.. what looks better here..  To me its cpu mine only but hey if your a massive gpu farmer of course your going to cry wolf because all you are into crypto coins for is a quick pump and dump and boost the bank balance.

LOL a few hours to jump in with a botnet?...more like..2 minutes..

LOL you honestly believe that don't you.  Now explain how someone with a bot net would go about achieving that in a couple of minutes.  Explain the process of getting each infected machine setup to mine the coin.  I want each step because I know you will not be able to explain it as clearly you have no idea.

http://lifesnow.com/bingo/
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
People who voted CPU-only haven't been around long enough or aren't tech savvy enough to appreciate the power of botnets.

I don't have a GPU farm so I'd love CPU only to be viable and fair for the masses, but unless you have some genius innovation to nullify botnets, its a pipe dream.

All we can do is fire up some cloud servers for a few hours and hope to do battle with the botnets until it becomes unrealistic. That's not particularly fair for anyone with a single CPU home computer though..

Coin release 7.30.  CPU mined.  Probably a lot of solo miners.  ( no bot nets at this point because it would be at least a few hours before they could even get the network configured ).

2 hours in.

Bot net joins pool.  Solo miners join pool.. everyone mines in pools and making coins.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

7.30 coin release.  GPU miners with huge farms jump on.  No one with under 2-3 gpu's can solo because gpu farms too big.
Everyone join pools.

SO.. what looks better here..  To me its cpu mine only but hey if your a massive gpu farmer of course your going to cry wolf because all you are into crypto coins for is a quick pump and dump and boost the bank balance.

LOL you honestly believe that don't you.  Now explain how someone with a bot net would go about achieving that in a couple of minutes.  Explain the process of getting each infected machine setup to mine the coin.  I want each step because I know you will not be able to explain it as clearly you have no idea.
Activity: 127

2 hours in.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

Everyone join pools.

2 hours in.

NOW HOW ABOUT GPU.

Everyone join pools.

legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

I've got a job you presumptuous asshat.  And I'll be more than happy to contribute to the hashrate if it's a CPU-only launch.  More miners can get involved with a CPU-only launch, including everyone who normally mines with GPUs.  I'll say it again just in case it didn't sink in the first time.  If this is GPU at launch, half of the potential miners will walk away.  Try being less greedy and leave something for normal people to mine.  It's pretty clear what your motive is here.

I was being presumtious, I apologize. I didn't think anyone making such ignorant statements could actually hold a job. You are just another leech with no stake in the health of the alt coin network spewing moronic opinions. A truly pathetic individual.

Botnets will own a CPU only coin. No matter what you believe.

Yes, someone gets it.

I understand that those without the tech background might think it's a big deal to create a botnet. Unfortunately, it's quite common and fairly straight forward to create:

http://readwrite.com/2013/07/31/how-to-build-a-botnet-in-15-minutes#awesm=~ouUMz3fuTxcXmB

Botnets will own this coin, period.
Activity: 224
Shitcoin Maximalist

Activity: 196
Botnet kill'am all users. Animacoin - 500-750 Mhs - one user on pool. WTF?
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
CPU supporters will stop mining that 4 hours after launch because it wont make any sense with single CPU .
Farms will continue....Do the math
Many miners will probably be in a pool, so that's more false logic there from someone who wants an advantage at launch.
Activity: 82
CPU supporters will stop mining that 4 hours after launch because it wont make any sense with single CPU .
Farms will continue....Do the math
gpu miner = bad idea.
cpu only  = good idea

gpu miner = secure network
cpu only = botnet control

Seriously, the CPU supporters are either quite ignorant or botnet ops.
GPU Miner = GPU farm control.
CPU Only = a fair chance for everyone.

Seriously, the GPU supporters know they're only saying it's unsafe because they want the advantage at launch to get more coins.  Botnets can still mine it either way.  If you want to lose half of your potential miners because they can't compete with GPU miners, that's going to put more power into the hands of a minority.

And you think your laptop can compete with botnet? Get a job, buy a card, and contribute to the alt coin hash rate rather than cry about it. Grow up kiddo.

Take it this guy has a massive GPU farm.  This coin is CPU.  Looks like you will only get what the rest of us gets so stop crying about it.  Grow up kiddo.
legendary
gpu miner = bad idea.
cpu only  = good idea

Seriously, the GPU supporters know they're only saying it's unsafe because they want the advantage at launch to get more coins.  Botnets can still mine it either way.  If you want to lose half of your potential miners because they can't compete with GPU miners, that's going to put more power into the hands of a minority.

And you think your laptop can compete with botnet? Get a job, buy a card, and contribute to the alt coin hash rate rather than cry about it. Grow up kiddo.
I've got a job you presumptuous asshat.  And I'll be more than happy to contribute to the hashrate if it's a CPU-only launch.  More miners can get involved with a CPU-only launch, including everyone who normally mines with GPUs.  I'll say it again just in case it didn't sink in the first time.  If this is GPU at launch, half of the potential miners will walk away.  Try being less greedy and leave something for normal people to mine.  It's pretty clear what your motive is here.
legendary
gpu miner = bad idea.
cpu only  = good idea

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Go with what ever is ready on the 5th.

Get the GPU kinks ironed out asap. CPU & GPU are both fine, as they're generic multi-use hardware. ASIC hardware, not being readily available off the shelf, should be delayed as long as possible. 
legendary
gpu miner = bad idea.
cpu only  = good idea

legendary
gpu miner = bad idea.
cpu only  = good idea
+100
CPU ONLY first month
There is no way to stop GPU later on so I agree CPU only in the beginning should be just fine. Just like it was with btc in the beginning.

OK, so leave it to botnets to dominate the supply, dump, then terrorize the network and manipulate the price. Brilliant!
Activity: 196
Anyone else see this in maxcoin twitter

MaxCoin ‏@maxcoinproject  12h
Are there any cgminer guru's willing to lend a hand? We're trying to get a GPU miner built for Wednesday's launch
Yes, they are leaving it a little bit late?

Maybe they should give ckolivas a call with the offer of a few BTC
Activity: 66
gpu miner = bad idea.
cpu only  = good idea
+100
CPU ONLY first month
There is no way to stop GPU later on so I agree CPU only in the beginning should be just fine. Just like it was with btc in the beginning.
Jump to: