Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 516. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
I haven't had good experiences with mining.   Undecided

Will buy some at the exchange on the 5th unless the price is insane.

The price will be nuts initially, but it'll soon go down. Depends what you're planning to do with them. Mining is your best bet if you can get in.

Yeah...don't buy on the 5th....

Never buy in on the initial rush. With these type of coins its better to get in on the mining then pump and dump. That's all this coin will be good for really. It's not gonna have any longevity.
Not sure I agree with that, but certainly there will be some initial froth....
It will be interesting to see just how many coins are available on the exchanges as mining will be so accessible...

Happens with everyone of these coins. People flock to it and there's more demand than there is coins so it artificially inflates the price, then once the initial rush has settled the price plummets.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001
Don't look at my signature!

The price will be nuts initially, but it'll soon go down. Depends what you're planning to do with them. Mining is your best bet if you can get in.

Never buy in on the initial rush. With these type of coins its better to get in on the mining then pump and dump. That's all this coin will be good for really. It's not gonna have any longevity.
Yea I shouldn't have said the 5th, I will buy when the price looks "reasonable" whatever that means.
LOL....I know right...and who know's when it will be "reasonable"...
It's all part of the fun I guess....
Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Yea I shouldn't have said the 5th, I will buy when the price looks "reasonable" whatever that means.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
lol @ those "economy is a zero-sum game" spammers

How do you explain any wealth increase since the stone age if every trade is a zero-sum game?! This is mind-numbing stupid.

it might be very philosophical for your brain but the earth loses and we depend on resources so if i eat 2 loafs you eat 0 loafs (africa). now go on cryptsy and play click click
ah also i forgot, everyone at any exchange is a winner, you cannot lose in this game, we can all win  Grin wtf did u finish school or what
I tried to explain as clearly as possible seems the noobs here are more thickheaded than i thought
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I will mine this Smiley
Activity: 1106
Merit: 521
when will the wallet be released?
legendary

Not sure I agree with that, but certainly there will be some initial froth....
It will be interesting to see just how many coins are available on the exchanges as mining will be so accessible...
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

legendary
No way I can compete with the miners on this launch - will stick to the exchange!
Why not?
Get yourself a Windows Azure free month trial (or two) and join in  Grin
No way I can compete with the miners on this launch - will stick to the exchange!
Activity: 586
Merit: 501

How do you explain any wealth increase since the stone age if every trade is a zero-sum game?! This is mind-numbing stupid.

it might be very philosophical for your brain but the earth loses and we depend on resources so if i eat 2 loafs you eat 0 loafs (africa). now go on cryptsy and play click click
ah also i forgot, everyone at any exchange is a winner, you cannot lose in this game, we can all win  Grin wtf did u finish school or what
legendary
Activity: 2238
Merit: 1057
any good deals on vps?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10

legendary
Looking forward to mining this on my HOME PC!!  Grin
Although there are gonna be big players with the resources to mine on a large scale with CPU farms, this is at least being released in as equitable way as is possible (i.e no pre-mine, CPU only)....
and I'm looking forward to it....In fact, gonna get me some Windows Azure free trials in preparation...
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Since the end of the gold standard that currencies are just a protocol between two or more agents. Its value depends on its acceptance, and trade vs other currencies. If you and many other accept something as a currency than it has already a value, as long there is acceptance.
When citizens see their national currencies drop in value against the dollar or euros or anything else maybe they all should shout "ponzi". Maybe all currencies are ponzi schemes... or maybe countries could pay their debts... you choose.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
will mine this, even though its direct competition to my coin  Grin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

It's the same algorithm but the max coins etc. are changed. So no 1 on 1 copy.
Jump to: