Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 515. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
No for GPU, as there are botnets there are scrypt farms waiting to rape this coin, GPU coins are not for average users as they don't have high end graphics cards
Exactly.  Mining for most coins has basically become an arms race.  Don't let the arms dealers win, Max!  Keep it fair for everyone.

I have shocking news for you. You can't properly mine anything with a regular cpu, it hasn't been possible for a long time, and nobody can change that.
Yes, but only because GPUs hash faster.  The difficulty target will go up MUCH quicker if an army of GPU farms are involved.  But it won't go up as fast if there's no GPU miner and people WILL be able to mine it on a CPU, just like they used to with Bitcoin when it first launched.  More FUD from the GPU farmers methinks.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
No for GPU, as there are botnets there are scrypt farms waiting to rape this coin, GPU coins are not for average users as they don't have high end graphics cards
I have shocking news for you. You can't properly mine anything with a regular cpu, it hasn't been possible for a long time, and nobody can change that.
Activity: 392
Activity: 252
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
Wish Max knew this coin was doomed like all the other CPU coins unless he gets a GPU miner out before release.  I guess we can all watch the price crash when the Estonian, 10 million KH, botnet sell wall hits Cryptsy.
lmao Grin

isn't it possible to only allow pools with botnet protection?  a maximum limit of 25 or 50 workers.
Read what you said again. Does it make any sense?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
No GPU Miner  Angry
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
... the plot thickens, from their twitter:

"Okay. Let's take a vote. http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52f02bf8e4b0aa0bc59f064e "

"Are there any cgminer guru's willing to lend a hand? We're trying to get a GPU miner built for Wednesday's launch"

The 7th comment on this thread brought up Botnets:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4814355

I'm only interested if it's CPU-only.  I've never bothered mining anything before as my GPU is ancient and not up to the task.  This was going to be my first foray into mining.  Hope people vote "no" since we need more decent CPU coins.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis
... the plot thickens, from their twitter:

"Okay. Let's take a vote. http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=52f02bf8e4b0aa0bc59f064e "

"Are there any cgminer guru's willing to lend a hand? We're trying to get a GPU miner built for Wednesday's launch"

The 7th comment on this thread brought up Botnets:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4814355

Activity: 565
Merit: 316

You linked to the Coingen Maxcoin - not the same thing.
Activity: 238
Wish Max knew this coin was doomed like all the other CPU coins unless he gets a GPU miner out before release.  I guess we can all watch the price crash when the Estonian, 10 million KH, botnet sell wall hits Cryptsy.

isn't it possible to only allow pools with botnet protection?  a maximum limit of 25 or 50 workers.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Activity: 238
so is this now a CPU only coin or with GPU miner or what? i have no idea about that algo..  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Anyone planning on mining Maxcoin on Digital Ocean.  If so, could someone give some tips how to set up?  Running on Vista and admit to being a bit of a newb ;p

Although Maxcoin supposed to be fairly newb friendly right? Smiley

I would like to know that too!!!!
Activity: 131
Anyone planning on mining Maxcoin on Digital Ocean.  If so, could someone give some tips how to set up?  Running on Vista and admit to being a bit of a newb ;p

Although Maxcoin supposed to be fairly newb friendly right? Smiley
Activity: 1106
Merit: 521
wizard tim there r no coins yet thats why........
legendary
Activity: 1708
Reality is stranger than fiction
Why cant i see orders for any coin on coins-e?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
shiiiiiiiiit can't wait!

2 days left!

Devs please make a smooth and fair launch and the rest will come by time for your coin Smiley

I love it
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
Woo hoo, sounds like a great coin actually - fair, new, etc.  Please get us the mining information soon so we can setup in advance!
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
lol @ those "economy is a zero-sum game" spammers

How do you explain any wealth increase since the stone age if every trade is a zero-sum game?! This is mind-numbing stupid.

it might be very philosophical for your brain but the earth loses and we depend on resources so if i eat 2 loafs you eat 0 loafs (africa). now go on cryptsy and play click click
ah also i forgot, everyone at any exchange is a winner, you cannot lose in this game, we can all win  Grin wtf did u finish school or what
I tried to explain as clearly as possible seems the noobs here are more thickheaded than i thought
Always funny when the ignorant fancy themselves superior.
Read "Economic Facts and Fallacies" by Thomas Sowell before you ridicule yourselves anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Depends on how the dispursement of the coins go.. if its truly fair with less
botnets then since its high interest id cap it to around $1.. assuming about $276k of volume is averged then it may go higher after a few months.

If volume is less than $276480 per day then we woll probably stay below $1 and lower if volume is lower. Id expect maybe $0.001 to start.
Activity: 336
Combine that with heavy promotion - Certainly will be fun!
Jump to: