Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MCN] Moneta Verde - CryptoNote coin with difficulty-BR (lnch at 15:00 GMT) - page 16. (Read 62456 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
I hope zero knowledge proofs can come in handy here.

No, this particular situation is much worse in cryptonight currencies. The economy is totally blinded and you can't prove anything. This is by design.

Maybe in how BCN/Monero/cash is proposed in the white paper (not sure), but isnt "cryptonight knowledge proof" the concept of prooving that computation (or part thereof) has happened or that some information is included in a particular data set, whithout revealing any other part of information, pertaining to this computation/data set. Like being able to proof your Nationality with your digitized and encrypted passport that you run through a cryptonight knowledge script which produces this proof, while keeping all other information in it secret. Think of it like showing your Nationality in your real passport to someone, while covering all other fields with your fingers.
Activity: 39
I hope zero knowledge proofs can come in handy here.

No, this particular situation is much worse in cryptonight currencies. The economy is totally blinded and you can't prove anything. This is by design.
Activity: 46
A primary feature of Bitcoin is that a payer can prove via the blockchain that a payment was sent. With all this CryptoNote shit ring signatures, how can I prove that I sent you Verde or Monero or Bytecoin or what in the event of a dispute?

Something similar was raised for BCN as well. I'd say one practical way to overcome this is through additional avenues of trust between yourself and the party you're sending to. I can see the full anonymous coins like DRK and BCN work best when they are transacted in person, so both parties can verify each other and walk away. Someone also raised the possibility of using darksend to send to a new wallet, then transact without darksend and do the same in reverse on the other side. Not sure whether this could apply for Verde as well.

I hope cryptonight knowledge proofs can come in handy here.
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere
A primary feature of Bitcoin is that a payer can prove via the blockchain that a payment was sent. With all this CryptoNote shit ring signatures, how can I prove that I sent you Verde or Monero or Bytecoin or what in the event of a dispute?

Something similar was raised for BCN as well. I'd say one practical way to overcome this is through additional avenues of trust between yourself and the party you're sending to. I can see the full anonymous coins like DRK and BCN work best when they are transacted in person, so both parties can verify each other and walk away. Someone also raised the possibility of using darksend to send to a new wallet, then transact without darksend and do the same in reverse on the other side. Not sure whether this could apply for Verde as well.
Activity: 166
Btw nice coin name, are u Italian?

What's nice in repeating already existing coin names in different languages. Btw how "green" this coin really is?
Activity: 166
Activity: 200
I too think there could be a place for merged mining in our future, but I don't see the advantages right now. A merge would not require Verde miners to participate on the other coins' block chain, and that seems like a dealbreaker to me. All of the proposed benefits for BCN, Monero etc. go right out the window without this - some Verde miners will might be on board with dogecoin but I feel that not all of them, and that's what really matters.

You'd be surprised how strong a motivating factor greed is. They can't afford to not also mine other coins. If people are doing it, the difficulty will go up. They would be stupid to stick to their guns. No one dislikes BCN or Monero that much to give up half the mining revenue.
Activity: 175
I too think there could be a place for merged mining in our future, but I don't see the advantages right now. A merge would not require Verde miners to participate on the other coins' block chain, and that seems like a dealbreaker to me. All of the proposed benefits for BCN, Monero etc. go right out the window without this - some Verde miners will might be on board with dogecoin but I feel that not all of them, and that's what really matters.
Activity: 37
There's nothing new that this coin offers, moreover you lack many information.

why? and what about ITALIAN NAME?
Activity: 37
ya'll guyz have real problems with naming you new coins. there was one bytecoin already and now we have the second one. we have already one greencoin and now this one 'means "green coin" '

c'mon wheres your imagination?
Activity: 145
- merged mining with Monero, QuazarCoin, Bytecoin or any other CryptoNight-based coin

The only problem with merged mining is that it may peg the two coin's price together since the supply would be linked. But on this stage price doesn't matter that much for these ones, I think merged mining is the prefect solution.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Need exchange to spirit this coin
Activity: 145
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
There's nothing new that this coin offers, moreover you lack many information.
Activity: 51
Very interesting, can u give use more info? Btw nice coin name, are u Italian?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Extreme Pool - New and Improved!  -  Will also provide a pool for this coin

Features
•2% Fee
•Longpolling Enabled on http ports (except for BBR)
•Payouts after 60 block confirmations
•Latest pool code
•Variable Difficulty based on your individual CPU performance
•Verified Secure
•Dedicated Staff
•Exceptional Support

Extreme Pool currently offers a pool for every cryptonote coin, including Boolberry.

We are constantly working with all the communities to provide whatever services need to be provided, from testing functionality to setting up bounties!

Visit us at http://www.extremepool.org
Email us @ [email protected]
Talk to us on IRC, Server Freenode, channel #extremepool

Hope to mine with you soon!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Hashharder will provide a pool.

Activity: 84
It might help to mention which algo you're using

Mining algo - CryptoNight (like Bytecoin and Monero).
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
it looks like they plan to use cryptonight algo (bytecoins/monero)

BUT why do you use "green" as coin name? Do you know there is already a green coin - Vertcoin?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Again wallet with cmd interface?
Pages:
Jump to: