Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MDT] Midnight | BMW-256, 1-Click Nodes, Ongoing POW, POS [MODDED] - page 6. (Read 11031 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
I would love to have this coin on YoBit/Trex Any reason why it isn't there yet? I mean, this isn't just some simple clonecoin.
Should be interesting enough for them to add it, right?
Activity: 171
This looks cool. I will dig some.
What is happening with dev´s fund? (any bounties?)
Activity: 185
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Any road map dev?
i've to know what to do with my 2.000 MDT
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
I'm running a MN, don't have any issues, I think. Getting 33 coins per block now (33%), so I assume that's okay?
Nonsense.
midnightwish what does it mean?
According your calculations should be - 12 miners, 6.9 nodes, 2.10 dev. Why 33?
Because it is 33% that goes to the masternodes.  33% of 100 is 33.  The block rewards vary so the net amounts will vary to match.
except that some of the largest wallets keep these 33% for themselve rather than sharing with the masternode
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I'm running a MN, don't have any issues, I think. Getting 33 coins per block now (33%), so I assume that's okay?
Nonsense.
Because it is 33% that goes to the masternodes.  33% of 100 is 33.  The block rewards vary so the net amounts will vary to match.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Nonsense.

Rewards are changing according to this schedule (PoS):
https://github.com/midnightmdt/midnight/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1232

There's rewards of 12 coins, 25, 50, 100, and later, 1, 0.5, 0.25...
Every 720 blocks, there's a single one of 100 also.

PS: @midnightwish : I see that my previous post was deleted/moderated. Moving on. Cheers.
Activity: 229
Nonsense.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
sgminermdt-windows-upd,  ati amd 270,280,290 only hw , please help me.

Official sgminer is not working yet you should wait for a new version later, or you can buy a working one from djm34

that all processors are sitting?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Official sgminer is not working yet you should wait for a new version later, or you can buy a working one from djm34
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Bigger wallet has bigger weight and bigger chance to stake, no?

The masternodes are working/earning correctly: but as djm34 explained, some of the larger holders, are not paying the masternode fees and instead take 90% of the stake reward for themselves. Masternodes are earning 33% of some stakes, but not earning anything from a bunch of stakes as well.

This problem is twofold, one affecting masternodes, one affecting stakers:
- people running masternodes are not receiving all of their due rewards
- some people are staking with much greater profit than others (almost double)

If this is not a distribution problem, I don't know what is...  Roll Eyes
You don't know what is eh?  Well that much is certainly clear.  You are grossly misrepresenting the issue without fully understanding how masternodes and proof of stake coins work.  Please FUD somewhere else.
legendary

The masternodes are working/earning correctly: but as djm34 explained, some of the larger holders, are not paying the masternode fees and instead take 90% of the stake reward for themselves. Masternodes are earning 33% of some stakes, but not earning anything from a bunch of stakes as well.

This problem is twofold, one affecting masternodes, one affecting stakers:
- people running masternodes are not receiving all of their due rewards
- some people are staking with much greater profit than others (almost double)

If this is not a distribution problem, I don't know what is...  Roll Eyes
Activity: 157
legendary
djm the issue has been addressed.  I'm monitoring the situation and will adjust again as needed.
doesn't look like it is the case, just checked those wallets, they still don't share their staked coin with the masternodes
djm the issue has been addressed.  I'm monitoring the situation and will adjust again as needed.
legendary
This coin will be lucky to get a market cap of 3 btc.
@midnightwish:

Looks to be that a bunch of wallets are staking without properly rewarding the masternode % of the PoS blocks.
Please look into this right away and push for an update that forcibly drops the offending/outdated clients from the network.
Otherwise, this remains a fundamental flaw in the masternode incentive. You can take most of the higher positions on the richlist as examples of this behavior (though not all of them).

On the other hand, if the coin will be 90% mined by the time you manage to get a working GPU miner released, it will probably not matter much at all that you fix the issue with masternode rewards (or anything at all). Would be good if you'd settle some deal with djm34, or any other capable miner developer for that matter. IIRC, OCMiner had said much earlier on, that it would be a 5 minute job to get a cuda version made. He's either lacking the 5 minutes, or perhaps the task was underestimated?

It's nice that you've approached this coin with a new algorithm and all, but if you keep ignoring the current flaws in distribution, there isn't much to expect ahead. One positive impulse right at hand, is awarding bounties for community contributions. I hope you can overcome these few hurdles and drive the project forward.
Best of Luck!
I made some adjustments to the seed nodes to help with keeping everyone sync'd up with the masternode list which should help keep the masternode payments consistent.

I really feel there is no flaw with the distribution but thanks for your input.  
I don't think you really understood our concern:
What Myagui was saying is that some of the richest address don't give any coin to the masternode:
for instance, if I take that address: https://explorer.mdt.website/address/MjUZoPsTWvysTmv2BNs5uXjjP1ZzxzSvGN
if you look at the transactions, they all corresponds to POS blocks which divide into 2 contributions:
* 10% for you (which is huge by the way... that like 10% premine considering the short life of the POW)
* 90% for the address.

However it should be 10% for you (still huge I think)
                             33% for the masternode
                             57% for the owner.
So that wallet doesn't pay any contribution at all to the masternode
The second richest wallet, is yours which collect the 10% fee on staking (and actually did send some coins to the masternode)

3rd wallet normal
4rth richest wallet https://explorer.mdt.website/address/MXtJF4eVdWpVGfJt6vpd6CQWmgmtreR7uu
again same pattern the pos reward is devided by 2 10% for YO 90% for the wallet and nothing for the Masternode.

So it seems that the largest wellets don't pay their contribution to the Masternode. hence there is a flow in the design which after the righteousness of the distribution of the coin.

This problem needs to be address as soon as possible otherwise nobody will believe in that coin
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Damn looks hard to mine on windows Tongue
@midnightwish:

Looks to be that a bunch of wallets are staking without properly rewarding the masternode % of the PoS blocks.
Please look into this right away and push for an update that forcibly drops the offending/outdated clients from the network.
Otherwise, this remains a fundamental flaw in the masternode incentive. You can take most of the higher positions on the richlist as examples of this behavior (though not all of them).

On the other hand, if the coin will be 90% mined by the time you manage to get a working GPU miner released, it will probably not matter much at all that you fix the issue with masternode rewards (or anything at all). Would be good if you'd settle some deal with djm34, or any other capable miner developer for that matter. IIRC, OCMiner had said much earlier on, that it would be a 5 minute job to get a cuda version made. He's either lacking the 5 minutes, or perhaps the task was underestimated?

It's nice that you've approached this coin with a new algorithm and all, but if you keep ignoring the current flaws in distribution, there isn't much to expect ahead. One positive impulse right at hand, is awarding bounties for community contributions. I hope you can overcome these few hurdles and drive the project forward.
Best of Luck!
I made some adjustments to the seed nodes to help with keeping everyone sync'd up with the masternode list which should help keep the masternode payments consistent.

I really feel there is no flaw with the distribution but thanks for your input.  There are several periods of high rewards through to next week, and you have the opportunity to get some of those high rewards via POS2 staking and not just POW mining.  Also keep in mind that after the rewards drop to a normalized level there are still several 100 coin high reward blocks every day that you can win via both POW and POS mining.  It was designed to try to give everybody an opportunity regardless of gpu miner or not or having a ton of money to sink into cloud mining or being quick on the draw with the launch (which a lot of people were).  It seems that a lot of people were able to get their hands on some coins so I think the strategy is working so far.  There is still plenty of time to participate and get some coins, you can grab the cpu miner and rent some amazon instances and point them at suprnova for instance.
legendary
@midnightwish:

Best of Luck!
Pages:
Jump to: