Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO] - page 13. (Read 33372 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 2
good project something new I will participate in it

Awesome! Let us know if you have any questions or need anything.  Grin
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi, if you are interested in this project and you need an invite I have 3 invites ready at the moment: https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Jupiter

I can help you also to better config your miner in private.
copper member
Activity: 33
I'm a Free Software Developer.
I was hoping that after posting the announcement on this forum, the number and volume of transactions on this coin will increase, but most likely the stagnation will continue until there is a listing on a well-known exchange. A good exchange is a good coin!
Typically Bitcointalk is a good place to announce a new coin before it starts to get mined, unfortunately for whatever reason it was announced here a long time after that. The reason its always a good idea to announce a project here before it starts to get mined is to give everyone a fair shot in the beginning when rewards tend to be the most lucrative.

While it's true mining started before the announcement, I wouldn't say it's typical that new mining projects are announced before it starts (on bitcointalk). At least for the past few years I've been around.

There used to be a time when ninja launches, premines etc used to get hammered by this community.  Unfortunately that isnt the case anymore.  Its unfortunate because that just breeds bad habits by developers and allows the greed to trump sound decisions.  

I wonder how many announcements killed projects before they were even started based on the reactions of bitcointalk. Sometimes you have to try something even when everyone tells you it won't work because realistically, people are bad at judging which ideas are good. Communities can be a low pass filter on ideas, both good and bad.
Activity: 102
In my opinion, it's better to use this miner
https://github.com/zjazz/zjazz_cuda_miner/releases

If you need an invite use https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=sync
I will accept you if you PM me your alias. 
I'll help you set up the miner and answer your questions.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
I was hoping that after posting the announcement on this forum, the number and volume of transactions on this coin will increase, but most likely the stagnation will continue until there is a listing on a well-known exchange. A good exchange is a good coin!
Typically Bitcointalk is a good place to announce a new coin before it starts to get mined, unfortunately for whatever reason it was announced here a long time after that. The reason its always a good idea to announce a project here before it starts to get mined is to give everyone a fair shot in the beginning when rewards tend to be the most lucrative.

While it's true mining started before the announcement, I wouldn't say it's typical that new mining projects are announced before it starts (on bitcointalk). At least for the past few years I've been around.

There used to be a time when ninja launches, premines etc used to get hammered by this community.  Unfortunately that isnt the case anymore.  Its unfortunate because that just breeds bad habits by developers and allows the greed to trump sound decisions.  
We are prepared to work with exchanges. We have several technical approaches we can take to handle the requirements of an exchange. I'm not too concerned about it. I think one reason the announcement didn't drastically increase volume is that it seems most of this forum is occupied by bots and spammers. I'm curious what the ratio is between spammers/bots and real people is. My impression is that it's pretty high.

The % of real people on this thread is much higher than the rest of the site - that's for sure  Grin
copper member

While I think everyone agrees an exchange listing would help the exposure ... Merit is unique in that it's invite only. Large scale exchanges like Binance would require 100,000 + invites on day 1 for withdrawal/deposits and I don't know if the new community/coin is ready for that overnight !

Mmh for withdrawals sure, but to just exchange is probably wouldn't, after all addresses used by exchanges are virtual, they don't have 1:1 real addresses per user. It certainly would require some help from the team tho, but if Merit wants to go anywhere I'm sure they have planned that phase of growth.

We are prepared to work with exchanges. We have several technical approaches we can take to handle the requirements of an exchange. I'm not too concerned about it. I think one reason the announcement didn't drastically increase volume is that it seems most of this forum is occupied by bots and spammers. I'm curious what the ratio is between spammers/bots and real people is. My impression is that it's pretty high.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001

Sure you have always had ninja launches for years, but you are more likely to gain attention from people who have more influence if you announce a fair launch. I still think this project has a chance to be successful over time, I just would have preferred a pre-launch announcement here.

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
copper member
Activity: 38
I can't mine at pool... please, anyone could post your batch file...

My .bat file is:

minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool.merit.me -u xxxxxxxx -p x -t 3

minerd.exe -o stratum+tcp://parachute.merit.me:3333 -u xxxxx -t 2 -C 2

That's for Windows and works Smiley
Probably missing the port 3333
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011
I can't mine at pool... please, anyone could post your batch file...

My .bat file is:

minerd -o stratum+tcp://pool.merit.me -u xxxxxxxx -p x -t 3

While I think everyone agrees an exchange listing would help the exposure ... Merit is unique in that it's invite only. Large scale exchanges like Binance would require 100,000 + invites on day 1 for withdrawal/deposits and I don't know if the new community/coin is ready for that overnight !

Mmh for withdrawals sure, but to just exchange is probably wouldn't, after all addresses used by exchanges are virtual, they don't have 1:1 real addresses per user. It certainly would require some help from the team tho, but if Merit wants to go anywhere I'm sure they have planned that phase of growth.

No doubt it's in the planned future, I'm talking today if we opened up to an exchange of 10mil people, I threw out that 100,000 number for withdrawal just for giggles because Meeit maybe has 1-2k+ users and 14k wallets?  With such low circulation too ... We are far from ready for binance !  But someday 😍
copper member

Activity: 308
Merit: 101
-YAHOO_EU-
copper member
miner@simpleminer:~/merit-miner$ sudo make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner'
Making all in compat
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/compat'
Making all in cuckoo
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/cuckoo'
depbase=`echo cuckoo.o | sed 's|[^/]*$|.deps/&|;s|\.o$||'`;\
g++ -std=c++11 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -O3 -g -O2 -march=native -MT cuckoo.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o cuckoo.o cuckoo.cpp &&\
mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
In file included from cuckoo.hpp:16:0,
                 from cuckoo.cpp:13:
ctpl/ctpl.h:32:36: fatal error: boost/lockfree/queue.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Makefile:387: recipe for target 'cuckoo.o' failed
make[2]: *** [cuckoo.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner/cuckoo'
Makefile:796: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/miner/merit-miner'
Makefile:428: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Try updating your version of boost to a newer one. You can get boost here https://www.boost.org/
copper member
make  all-recursive
Making all in compat
Making all in cuckoo
g++ -std=c++11 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..    -Wall -O3 -g -O2 -march=native -MT cuckoo.o -MD -MP -MF $depbase.Tpo -c -o cuckoo.o cuckoo.cpp &&\
ctpl/ctpl.h:32:36: fatal error: boost/lockfree/queue.hpp: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

If you have a problem compiling the miner from source I'd suggest to join the Merit Discord server and ask for help here (#issue or #mining channels).

Discord: https://discord.gg/m6Hsyh
Activity: 76
make  all-recursive
Making all in compat
Making all in cuckoo
compilation terminated.
copper member
Is КYC required in participating in the idea? Cause these would mean a lot to US customers as they restrict ICOs there

There's no KYC at all since no ICO. You can start mining and building a community right away, nobody wants to know who you are IRL before enjoying the Merit World :^)
Pages:
Jump to: