Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO] - page 9. (Read 33370 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
This looks like a truly amazing project! But I see that the roadmap is speaking about this coin having had the genesis event in December 2017 while this ANN is dated september 2018 - so which can I find the whole story of this coin? I will stay tuned from now on.
You can read the whitepaper from this Merit project, but the Merit project has a roadmap that starts in December 2017, we are positive about this project, and it also seems that the Merit project without ICO, is very interesting
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
This looks like a truly amazing project! But I see that the roadmap is speaking about this coin having had the genesis event in December 2017 while this ANN is dated september 2018 - so which can I find the whole story of this coin? I will stay tuned from now on.
I didn't see any that brings something new to the table. They all looked like a copy-paste of one other. So because of that I think Merit needs a little backing
Activity: 187
Activity: 10
I have 8 invites available for anyone might be interested can use my link: https://wallet.merit.me?invite=tygertyger
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I have one more invite if you need to unlock your wallet.
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=woozy

I used your invitation to connect, please help me activate it, thank you.
Activity: 315
I have one more invite if you need to unlock your wallet.
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=woozy
Activity: 49
Merit: 2
the mining process seems to be the same as other chains...
The mining process is actually quite simple. Especially for mining newbs like me. The lightwallet client allows mining in a pool with a click. And the lightwallet client is not the run-of-the-mill QT client. It has been made specifically for Merit.

...the invite distribution, the dev decided to keep 10% of them for new miners; that number seem to be manually set
10% is not for "new" miners but is rather to random addresses (could be PoW miners, could be not). And there is no manual setting or human bias in the distribution.

He might be talking about the 10% that the IceMining pool keeps... but either way! We're all right Smiley
Oh ok, got it. Yup. Icemining does keep 10% INVs. ifyousmell, yes that is set manually and depends on the pool owner entirely. So if you mine in any pool, the pool owner will have his/her own way for distributing.
Activity: 21
Take an invite and participate in the project of the century!

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Amityvill
Activity: 70
The mining process is actually quite simple. Especially for mining newbs like me. The lightwallet client allows mining in a pool with a click. And the lightwallet client is not the run-of-the-mill QT client. It has been made specifically for Merit.

...the invite distribution, the dev decided to keep 10% of them for new miners; that number seem to be manually set
10% is not for "new" miners but is rather to random addresses (could be PoW miners, could be not). And there is no manual setting or human bias in the distribution.

He might be talking about the 10% that the IceMining pool keeps... but either way! We're all right Smiley

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
the mining process seems to be the same as other chains, the invite distribution, the dev decided to keep 10% of them for new miners; that number seem to be manually set
...how many tokens will be awarded in 2019 Wink?
1 block mined per minute
20 MRT released per block
So 28800 MRT per day
=> 10.5M MRT in 2019 unless halving occurs next year
What can I do to receive more invites or invite tokens? Don't really have the gear to mine this at the moment.
Copy Pasting from Super Community Member disifi's post on Discord:
"- Invites are Airdropped in 3 different ways
      - 50% awarded based on your CGS (Community Growth Score)
      - 40% awarded to new addresses (Max 1 per address)
      - 10% awarded to random addresses
-  1 out of 10 blocks an invite is awarded to a miner
- Minimum of 144 invites airdropped per day. Grows as needed.
- Number Airdropped based on overall growth, more growth means more invites generated"

In fact, PoW miners don't earn a lot of INVs (invite tokens) from their mining work per se.

There are a number of ways to earn/get INVs:
1) Payout from pools. All mining pools give out INVs to their miners. Most pools distribute INV based on hash power. Parachute Pool is more favorable for small-time and hobby miners (make sure to join their TG and fill pinned form if you mine with them). Details on mining pools: https://merit.disifi.com/pools
2) Asking your inviter for some. It is in the best interest of your inviter that you grow your network since it improves his CGS.
3) "Mine" an invite. This is random and the probability of it happening is entirely based on your CGS.
4) The last method is to buy OTC on Discord (with someone from the Super Community acting as escrow). Though this is the last resort if you can't get any INVs from the above methods.

Edit: I see Kamo has already answered this while I was typing. His point #2 is another way to get some INVs.
Edit #2: Thanks for the merits sockpuppet1911  Smiley
Activity: 70
What can I do to receive more invites or invite tokens? Don't really have the gear to mine this at the moment.

Hey Sockpuppet! What is your alias? do you know who's link you used to sign up? Reason I ask:

1) You can always ask your "sponsor" for invites. It's all helpful for both you

2) You can ask the community. Many will help out for real users (lots of scams and fake ppl out there sadly)

3) You can always join the discord and buy some on #trading channel. Watchout- not many for sale these days so price is all over.

Thoughts on 1/2 ?
Activity: 69
Merit: 1
Next improvement of Merit is on the way. POG3 coming soon. You may check the merit market now to get your hands on some cheap Merit. Smiley

If you need an invite this could be yours. https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=alexis

Let me know who you are in TG/Discord to accept your request. My username is Alexis and I got a bunch of invites to share with my active community.

I just used the Merit Market to trade some of my mined MRT (I use the icemining pool) for BTC and I have to say that it was a seamless trade!! The trade escrow is provided by the site and I was paid my BTC exactly as it was supposed to be paid. Overall an A+ experience. Just wanted to share my trading experience with the Merit Marketplace site for other users who may be a little wary of trading on there (I know I was at first).
Activity: 240
MERIT is already a working structure, I trust it and I am the owner of this coin. The project is developed by a super competent team and it is observed in each step of development. I wish the team to develop further and provide more tokens to encourage participants Grin. how many tokens will be awarded in 2019 Wink?
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
Activity: 16
Next improvement of Merit is on the way. POG3 coming soon. You may check the merit market now to get your hands on some cheap Merit. Smiley

If you need an invite this could be yours. https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=alexis

Let me know who you are in TG/Discord to accept your request. My username is Alexis and I got a bunch of invites to share with my active community.
Today ive sold a ps vita game (redeemable code) in exchange for merit, might be the first thing sold with it Smiley

I'm new to this forum, if I can how will people know they want to join your community over the other links everywhere?
It doesn't matter whose link you join with. Everybody's link works and makes no difference whichever one you use. It's just that some may not have free invite tokens to accept your invite request anymore. The people who have posted most recently, may have though. Best to check on explorer whether someone has available invites at all to invite you in: https://merit.disifi.com/wallet

I think whos link you join can be important. There are many people who give out invites, merit, and help to people who they invite. We have a very helpful community overall but some people are more helpful than others.
Yup. Agree. In the sense that you need help from your inviter, the invite link matters. Also the fact that some inviters send goodies (MRTs/INVs) to their invitees. But in general, the community is super helpful anyways and the FAQ page (https://www.merit.me/faq/) helps a lot. So I didn't need to seek help from my inviter because of that.
P.S. My inviter is an awesome dude though Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: