Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO] - page 20. (Read 33415 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Don't understand the definition of this coin, can you introduce it easily and plainly? And, by the way, why did you choose such a name for your coin? Thanks in advance
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
MERIT aims to be the most friendly currency in the world. In my opinion, the first thing is to find a way to make MERIT popular. Next, features easy to use, secure, economical ... in exchange, payment and asset management of everyone...
I agree with this -- I think someone was asking earlier about a partnership roadmap.  I'd like to see that too, because I think it will help with popularity.

I know there was discussion about major influencers too. 

The incentive model is interesting, but not all of us are famous or interesting, so probably good to have some other marketing angles.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
So are all you guys Merit Bag Holders or something? Shilling to the max and defending one another. Maybe its the same person using multiple accounts? who knows. Be aware of this project!!!! It stinks of pyramid/scam!!!!!!!
LoL, you might be the only illegitimate person here.  The community seems to be strong - and actually real.

It is funny that your first two posts (ever) are here on this ANN thread with negative comments.

Also, they aren't doing an ICO and they are not listed on any major exchanges.  So I don't see what shilling would do.

Maybe do your research before trying to say negative stuff.
Activity: 10
So are all you guys Merit Bag Holders or something? Shilling to the max and defending one another. Maybe its the same person using multiple accounts? who knows. Be aware of this project!!!! It stinks of pyramid/scam!!!!!!!
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
MERIT aims to be the most friendly currency in the world. In my opinion, the first thing is to find a way to make MERIT popular. Next, features easy to use, secure, economical ... in exchange, payment and asset management of everyone...
Activity: 11
Why don't you just tell us which coin you are from?  Haha, obviously a competitor. 

Sad.

Ahhhh!  You beat me to it.  Nice work, "applesauced".  If you are going to troll another coin, at least try harder?
Activity: 182
I have another question regarding Growth Mining. Couldn't a handful of people working very efficiently end up causing a sort of  growth mining centralization?

Proof of Growth allows for people to be rewarded based on their community growth score. The 50% of the mining rewards gets randomly distributed in a form of a lottery every single block. Lets say someone has multiple accounts with large communities, they might get a high chance of winning the lottery, they never get 100% of the rewards.

Also invites are distributed randomly in a variety of ways as well.

So to answer your question, yes those with a big community may have a higher chance of rewards, but it will be extremely difficult -especially as the Merit network continues to grow the growth rewards get distributed across more wallet, limiting the return for any bad actors.

I hope that helps.

KAMO saves the day once again lol. Thanks!

Are there any communities of growth miners now? I assume they would split the lottery if they worked together?

I airdrop random Merit onto those under me who I see are active and growing. I also share free invites to those below me if they need them, and prove to be growing the community- it helps all of us so  I try to promote the community sharing concept with those who are not trying to abuse the generosity .

the growth rewards are paid out per block- so they'll be .3-.6 MRT per payment - not a set amount per day or month. it's per 60 second chance of winning based on your community growth score.

So if I join under you, would you be rewarded a small amount for every person I invite?

Nope! It's not a pyramid.

So, if you used my link (would be awesome) - It would improve my growth score but I dont get paid a specific amount because of it . I dont get a % or anything per person - or even per person you get. The higher growth score simply increases the chances of me winning in the lottery every block.

You could someday get a CGS higher than mine based on your own growth (your growth still helps me, but it's not like you cant pass me- I passed the person above me).

We just are thrown in the lottery pool every block the same way - more chances higher the CGS.

does that help?

Typically when someone says something is not a pyramid scheme, it usually is.  Based on how much you are posting on this thread, and shilling the ever crap out of this coin, I'm going to assume this project is some type of pyramid/scam project. Are you in on this pyramid/scam? You defend it and then immediately tell people to use your link. Seems very pyramidy/scammy to me.
Really?  You have a BRAND NEW account, and this is your first ever post?  What a coincidence.

Before you come onto an ANN thread trying to call someone out, why don't you:

1) Consider how obviously your post is a troll directed at this coin.  
2) Reconsider your plan because you look like a dufus.
3) Maybe read something about the coin.
4) Refer back to #1.

Why don't you just tell us which coin you are from?  Haha, obviously a competitor.  

Sad.
Activity: 70
Merit: 2

So if I join under you, would you be rewarded a small amount for every person I invite?

So, if you used my link (would be awesome) - It would improve my growth score but I dont get paid a specific amount because of it . I dont get a % or anything per person - or even per person you get. The higher growth score simply increases the chances of me winning in the lottery every block.

You could someday get a CGS higher than mine based on your own growth (your growth still helps me, but it's not like you cant pass me- I passed the person above me).

We just are thrown in the lottery pool every block the same way - more chances higher the CGS.

does that help?

Typically when someone says something is not a pyramid scheme, it usually is.  Based on how much you are posting on this thread, and shilling the ever crap out of this coin, I'm going to assume this project is some type of pyramid/scam project. Are you in on this pyramid/scam? You defend it and then immediately tell people to use your link. Seems very pyramidy/scammy to me.

Did you read the rest of my comment explaining at a high level how it works? I encourage you to read through my post history that explains in detail the past few days how proof of growth works.

There are some other great replies that describe the technical side as well if you question my credibility.

If you're truely interested , just scroll through it and let me know if you have any questions.
Activity: 318
Hey  best project.... guaranteed savings.... I'm putting all my investments to it.... and I'm damn sure I won't loose a single penny.
Please don't say (or do) things like this.  Nothing is guaranteed in crypto.
Activity: 10
I have another question regarding Growth Mining. Couldn't a handful of people working very efficiently end up causing a sort of  growth mining centralization?

Proof of Growth allows for people to be rewarded based on their community growth score. The 50% of the mining rewards gets randomly distributed in a form of a lottery every single block. Lets say someone has multiple accounts with large communities, they might get a high chance of winning the lottery, they never get 100% of the rewards.

So to answer your question, yes those with a big community may have a higher chance of rewards, but it will be extremely difficult -especially as the Merit network continues to grow the growth rewards get distributed across more wallet, limiting the return for any bad actors.

I hope that helps.

Are there any communities of growth miners now? I assume they would split the lottery if they worked together?

I airdrop random Merit onto those under me who I see are active and growing. I also share free invites to those below me if they need them, and prove to be growing the community- it helps all of us so  I try to promote the community sharing concept with those who are not trying to abuse the generosity .

the growth rewards are paid out per block- so they'll be .3-.6 MRT per payment - not a set amount per day or month. it's per 60 second chance of winning based on your community growth score.

does that help?

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502

This was the crucial point for me to get over my early skepticism.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Merit team should stress this idea more on the website.  (I had to spend a lot of time figuring this out.)

Yes, it is hidden in the FAQ section (https://www.merit.me/faq/#how-is-merit-not-a-ponzi-scheme--how-does-it-relate-to-mlm-businesses). Agreed that this is a point that needs emphasis.
Agree with you both on this one.  I think I didn't even fully understand this until now.

The important part here is that the amount of MRT in each block reward is fixed.  (Just like bitcoin or something else.)  So, growing the network does not grow how much MRT is generated in each block.  It just grows your chances of receiving some of it.

I think this should be in much more emphasis on the website.
Activity: 49
Just checked that most of the spammy comments are coming from accounts created between June 21 to 23. Some of them even have the same comments on different threads and from different accounts.
So it is most probably one guy who's using this thread to rank up all his accounts. Didn't know that this was a thing. Anyways.
Keep the questions coming!!  Smiley
Have you already entered the stock exchange or not? That is, a token can only be purchased through a purse? If I do not have a purse, then I cannot buy your token. It'sa pity of course, if it is.
Pretty sure this is generic spam.
But oh well. Merit can be traded on https://market.merit.me/dashboard
You will need to create a wallet first and then login to the market with your wallet. Since, Merit has it's own blockchain, you will need a Merit wallet of course.
Activity: 14
Have you already entered the stock exchange or not? That is, a token can only be purchased through a purse? If I do not have a purse, then I cannot buy your token. It'sa pity of course, if it is.

This was the crucial point for me to get over my early skepticism.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Merit team should stress this idea more on the website.  (I had to spend a lot of time figuring this out.)

Yes, it is hidden in the FAQ section (https://www.merit.me/faq/#how-is-merit-not-a-ponzi-scheme--how-does-it-relate-to-mlm-businesses). Agreed that this is a point that needs emphasis.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253

I hope that helps.

does that help?

The big thing here is that there is a lottery in each block, and your chance of winning is higher if you share more.

If you simply got MRT every time you invited someone, that would be 1) unsustainable 2) bitconneeeeeecccctt.  

But when you talk about "Growth Rewards" on the website, it's easy for someone to get the wrong impression.  (And Bitconnect kind of messed up any kind of growth incentive for most people these days.)
Do you have some video guide that explains how to join the sale, how to buy the tokens and how to go trough the whole procedure? If not, when it appear?

Case. And. Point. 💔 (Spam)

No ico. You can buy Merit at market.merit.me ! (Market is not quite optimized for mobile yet, turn phone sideways / landscape OR use desktop mode on browser) can
Let know if you have any questions
I agree that Merit is an interesting project -- no doubt that it's the most interesting I've seen in the last couple months here in the ANN section.

But, for all of you that have said you are going to invest *ALL* of your BTC into it -- I must say that this is totally inadvisable.

You need to think of your crypto as a full portfolio.  Just like with your normal stocks, you want to have a high-risk group and a low-risk group of assets.

While Merit seems really good as far as new altcoins go, you should limit yours investment to something reasonable.

I think a majority of these comments that arnt a reply and dont reference Merit and say "the project" or "the plan" are bots/spam ... or even like the one right above me from Drew ^  - even though they say positive stuff that generally can be true - it's all spam to boost rank (guessing).

as much as I believe Merit is onto something, Im not taking out a mortgage or going ALL in- that's a silly decision financially. not a knock on Merit at all   Grin
Activity: 11
On the notes that it will be a privacy coin, is the plan to mainly to follow what is being done by other coins like dash, or do something else.
No offense -- but where are you getting this from?

Where did you get the idea that this was a privacy coin?  It's kind of the opposite because of the notion of aliases, and as I understand, it's one-address-per-invite-token.

I do think that this might be the main competitor to DASH.  Maybe this is DASH 2.0.  But, dash has no security/privacy features do they?

I ignored that original comment as a spam/bot post - since it made no sense for Merit at all. Sad there are so many fake posts.
Yeah, I agree with you.  It is quite annoying when spammers pollute an otherwise useful thread.  

FWIW, I think that Merit may be the only credible DASH competitor I've seen so far.  Most new cryptos are not really trying to make crypto easier.  

I hope that helps.

does that help?
Pages:
Jump to: