Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO] - page 18. (Read 33415 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Thanks for the information. The purpose of the merit system is well understood and i believe it will develop this community.
Activity: 5
https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=gda            If you need invites
My hash rate is 41.3  h/s 11 invites are availble
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
is there a translation into Russian? because the coin is rather unusual and I did not understand anything)
copper member
Activity: 38
I think that a crypto team needs a minimum of $10m these days to be competitive.

So many ICOs are raising huge amounts of money.  Because of this, everyone needs more money in order to compete.

Otherwise, you will be relatively under-funded.

So, I really like that this team has not done an ICO.  But I think they need a really large amount of capital to compete.  So, I am curious how they will handle this?

Initial founding was done by the CEO, Adil, himself. Merit has a 20% premine (for transparency, don't think it's locked by the chain), so 20m, which the team aims to use carefully and gradually to fund operations according to their whitepaper. The Merit market also implements a 0.75% fee on every transaction, to be used for development of the market itself. Think that's all for self funding of the project.
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
I think that a crypto team needs a minimum of $10m these days to be competitive.

So many ICOs are raising huge amounts of money.  Because of this, everyone needs more money in order to compete.

So, I really like that this team has not done an ICO.  But I think they need a really large amount of capital to compete.  So, I am curious how they will handle this?

It's a good point, that without the ICO, the team might run out of funds and run way to continue. I am not sure what the plan is behind the scenes, but I know they are self funded by the founder as referenced in tech crunch

https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/09/a-modcloth-cofounder-just-launched-an-invite-only-cryptocurrency

I imagine the 1 million can only go so far, but with something as promising as Merit, I am sure they will find a solution.
Activity: 14
Every relevant action in the publishing process such as paper submission and peer reviews will be registered in the blockchain and accessible to anyone, making #science more transparent, universal and open than ever before.
Activity: 20
Hello,
If the your token is officially registered with the US government, then this is very good news for the whole plan. This is a good sign for the development and attraction of investments. I believe that the token will be very popular and in demand.
Hello Mike, I understand you're just hunting posts, but either way, Merit is not token, it's coin. Also it was without ICO, so no reason to official registration. Have a nice day!
Activity: 14
Hello,
If the your token is officially registered with the US government, then this is very good news for the whole plan. This is a good sign for the development and attraction of investments. I believe that the token will be very popular and in demand.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Activity: 70
Good night, team!
This should be named as the best ICO to invest for 2018. Sell all your coins and make a loan to have your full investment on this thing. P.S. The team and testimonials are solid. 100% legit real people

Good news. There isn't an ICO! No need to take a loan or anything.

This spam bot is correct though, the team is solid and real and I'm looking forward to the end of this year into the next for Merit!
Activity: 49
So the latest set of spam bots were all made on June 28. Looks like each wave of spam is coming from a single source.
In the simplicity requirement, is it based only on correct transaction views? How will I send or receive Merit if I am not part of the network?
You cannot send Merit if you're not a part of the network obviously since Merit has its own blockchain. But someone can send Merit to you via a link (called a MeritLink) which holds your MRT in an escrow till you do not create a wallet. This link can be sent by SMS or email. That's it's simplicity.

Moreover, we can transact with aliases. So I can send MRT to @luksbit instead of an alphanumeric address.
copper member
Activity: 33
I'm a Free Software Developer.
Hello
Reserve an alien translation slot for me, this idea is going to the moon and soon will possibly landed on Mars and i will try to translate their whitepaper for Mars residence.

Amazing... Can you translate the bluepaper too? https://www.merit.me/uploads/2018/bluepaper.pdf
Activity: 1204
Merit: 252
In the simplicity requirement, is it based only on correct transaction views? How will I send or receive Merit if I am not part of the network?
copper member
Activity: 33
I'm a Free Software Developer.
They are not doing an ICO because the team is self-funded allowing for them to actually build a great product! You should read about the CEO and the past business success. This team is the real deal.

What I think is the real deal in our community. They are far more active and helpful than any other's that I have seen. Many other projects are full of negativity and are ghost towns. While it's clear there are mindless spammers posting on this ANN and others, it's pretty obvious to see who the real people are.

Activity: 9
They are not doing an ICO because the team is self funded allowing for them to actually build a great product! You should read about the CEO and the past business success. This team is the real deal.
Activity: 28
What do you check fistful when invest money in new idea? I check team. Ethereum have the best team on crypto market. Anything else you need to hear?
I like the fact that this project was base on POG and POW. In addition, I also like the concept behind it either i.e the three pillars which the project was meant to trigger but I don't know if you guys are planning to do an ICO in the future because I read through your site and road map nothing was said about ICO
Meanwhile, how are you planning to do the whole thing if theres no ICO now and in future?

dev dont want ico because he has 1mil usd to invest in his coin.

Here's an article that details Merit's USD 1M funding: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180509005407/en/Merit-Emerges-Stealth-Announces-1M-Funding-Availability

An excerpt from it will explain why there will be no ICO: "the ICO model incentivizes behavior to increase the valuation of cryptocoins before useful blockchain applications are created. Such front-loading of capital into an organization limits opportunities for decentralized acquisition, such as mining. It also harkens comparisons to the cash-rich, hollow startups of the dot-com era. Designed to grow as a healthy, sustainable system, Merit is decentralized and widely applicable, course-correcting back to Satoshi’s mission."
Activity: 35
Good morning
My local forum members have excited about this promising coin!
I'm recommending other people to wear this excellent signature
Activity: 28
I found the whitepaper and saw the specs there. Glad there is a whitepaper! The whitepaper is really white))) Good to see where the direction of this coin is going. I like it!
Pages:
Jump to: