Author

Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014 - page 204. (Read 1106889 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Just wanted to post this link to a Mooncoin Mining Calculator: http://cointweak.com/calculator/coin/moon/Scrypt
legendary
big sell wall at 4 litoshi  Shocked

Yes, seems as if someone wants to keep the price low. Maybe because he/she wants to buy more cheap Mooncoin ...?
legendary
Activity: 1045
big sell wall at 4 litoshi  Shocked
legendary
good. with luck my alpha-t miner will arive next 3 weeks and I can give some decent hash power to moon and holding coins instead of dumping.

That's the key, if we want to see rising prices.
So if we are honest, ASICs are not necessarily doing harm to a coin. It's more the owners, who sell immediately/too fast.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
good. with luck my alpha-t miner will arive next 3 weeks and I can give some decent hash power to moon and holding coins instead of dumping.

Looking forward to mine some extra Moons on the rusty Radeon during Apollo fever.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
The party won't be starting tomorrow, though  Sad Mooncoin block generation is running about three weeks behind the calculated rate ...

I see, thanks a lot for your deep explanation. Much appreciated. That's what I like about the mooncoin community.  Smiley
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1290
The period is actually dependent on the blockchain height, so timing is imprecise.

The party won't be starting tomorrow, though  Sad Mooncoin block generation is running about three weeks behind the calculated rate ...

if(nHeight > 193076 && nHeight < 203158)

Block explorer reports latest blockchain height as 169985 2014-07-20 15:15:38

Code:
>>> ((193076 - 169985) * 90) / 3600 / 24

Plenty of time to order cakes, pop and silly hats for the party.

Cheers

Graham
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1290
Another thing, tomorrow should be one of the special days with mooncoin? As is described on the first page of this thread?

On July 21st, 2014 it will be the 45th anniversary of the lunar landing by the Apollo 11 astronauts. On this date, Mooncoin will begin to release one MOON for every USD spent on the Apollo space program at an accelerated rate: 25.4 billion!

so... what exactly will happen tomorrow???

Mining rewards will rise sharply, for a period of roughly one week. The period is actually dependent on the blockchain height, so timing is imprecise.

From the horse's mouth, so to speak:

if(nHeight <= 100000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 1999999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight > 193076 && nHeight < 203158)// for _roughly_ one week, the cost of the Apollo
                nSubsidy = 2519841 * COIN;                 // program will be paid back -- 25.4bn MOON!
        } else if(nHeight <= 203518) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 999999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 250000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 599999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 300000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 349999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 350000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 174999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 375000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 99999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 384400) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 49999)) * COIN;
        }

Cheers

Graham
legendary
It means that tomorrow the reward will be 2.5mill instead 1 mill
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
Yes, what will happen tomnorrow? What means "Mooncoin will begin to release one MOON for every USD spent on the Apollo space program at an accelerated rate: 25.4 billion!" ?...an increased mining reward and more price dumping?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Well, that's all very nice. But the number of coins is just too high. If there is no more Moon to trade on big exchanges noone will care about the number of coins, the distance to the Moon, nor the correlation of the two.  Let's pray that there will be another Moonrise to watch in the future. We need to lose a couple of zeros if this coin is to lift off ever again.
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Another thing, tomorrow should be one of the special days with mooncoin? As is described on the first page of this thread?

On July 21st, 2014 it will be the 45th anniversary of the lunar landing by the Apollo 11 astronauts. On this date, Mooncoin will begin to release one MOON for every USD spent on the Apollo space program at an accelerated rate: 25.4 billion!

so... what exactly will happen tomorrow???
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Would it be useful to reduce the block reward and lower the number of minted coins to make it at least bit more scarce??

The amount of coins minted every day is simply too high. When is the regular block reward halving kicking in? I doubt it will be sufficient. Normally, I would not recommend such a move, but for MoonCoin it could mean life or death as it could be taken off cryptsy if the price falls to 1 litoshi or lower. People who bought Mooncoin for a high price will be happy and it will reward everyone who held their coins believing in it. Future miners can be glad that Moon will not disappear and what you mine will at least be worth 'something'.

The whole advertizing of mooncoin is based around the number of millimeters the distance to the moon comprises of.
Therefor the 384,400,000,000 MOON

This can't and shouldn't change EVER.

I say, just wait a little longer, the block halving will kick in eventually.
We are now at about block 170k...
After block 200k we will see a drop from 1 million coins per block to 600k coins, so about a 40% reduction.

I say be happy with the prices now and accumulate. :-)
You don't want to buy when it's scarce, you want to buy when its plenty.

EDIT: hm, is the maxcoins of 384,400,000,000 MOON really a maximum?
I mean there will be more coins than that eventually... since blocks will never fall lower than 29531 MOON

So this will be a constant very small inflation sometime in the future, right?
Does someone have a graph that shows the coinamount development over the next decades?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Would it be useful to reduce the block reward and lower the number of minted coins to make it at least bit more scarce??

The amount of coins minted every day is simply too high. When is the regular block reward halving kicking in? I doubt it will be sufficient. Normally, I would not recommend such a move, but for MoonCoin it could mean life or death as it could be taken off cryptsy if the price falls to 1 litoshi or lower. People who bought Mooncoin for a high price will be happy and it will reward everyone who held their coins believing in it. Future miners can be glad that Moon will not disappear and what you mine will at least be worth 'something'.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
2 litoshi.it will hit 1 Litoshi.
legendary
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/145

on witch exchange is mooncoin active ?

and btw we still accepting mooncoin for our project,  http://savegreyhound.hol.es/

thanks in advanced
Activity: 616
Merit: 321
on witch exchange is mooncoin active ?

and btw we still accepting mooncoin for our project,  http://savegreyhound.hol.es/

thanks in advanced
legendary
2 litoshi

That's what I wrote above already.
A good opportunity for a cheap buy-in.

My bids are the first when it hits 1 Litoshi.
Hopefully it doesn't get thaaat low ...
Jump to: