Author

Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014 - page 201. (Read 1106889 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Hi,guys, the moon look bigger and brighter this summer. Especially tonight, it will become full on the same day it is in perigee, and appear in the sky as an enormous, glowing orb. We call it ‘Supermoon’.
So, dev, why not publish news?

This could have been a great coin if the dev got more involved. I hope he regains the interest in his own coin, it would be a pitty if this is going nowhere Wink
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Seems to be a lot of bids. Afterall it can't go lower than 0 Litecoin
After a loooong time of consolidation following the pump and dump of the first phase, MOON is stable now, as it seems.

BTW: Momentary difficulty is ~15 with a hashrate of ~800 MH/sec.  Shocked
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Seems to be a lot of bids. Afterall it can't go lower than 0 Litecoin
legendary
Activity: 1045
more buys, another bite of 50ltc at 6 litoshi!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

And the network hashrate is increasing...

I dont think this new miners want to dump faster...

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1290
Hi,guys, the moon look bigger and brighter this summer. Especially tonight, it will become full on the same day it is in perigee, and appear in the sky as an enormous, glowing orb. We call it ‘Supermoon’.

A couple of weeks ago Ngaio posted one of NASA's anniversary celebration pics and a mention of the 45th anniversary but the post was promptly deleted by a mod - apparently postings about the Moon itself are considered off-topic.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 41
legendary
well, better let everyone knew my plan :

i will create a new client with new look after somebody has design the new logo for mooncoin . But the new code (hard fork) will only take effect on block 200,000 (2 months from now). This will give every exchanges and mining pool to upgrade their client before it reach block 200,000.

More important now is the new web site !! The original deaconboogie website is gone !!!

Can somebody design a new logo and email to me ([email protected]) together with your moon address ? Will ask for donation.

The new client will change rewards to static and cut rewards by half
I will hear good news from you. Wink
??
That's not the official wallet by the original developer. He was suggesting a hard-fork, but I don't think chinatuakong is pursuing that plan anymore.
Just look at the price. Rose again - from 4 to 5 on the buy-side.  Smiley
well, better let everyone knew my plan :

i will create a new client with new look after somebody has design the new logo for mooncoin . But the new code (hard fork) will only take effect on block 200,000 (2 months from now). This will give every exchanges and mining pool to upgrade their client before it reach block 200,000.

More important now is the new web site !! The original deaconboogie website is gone !!!

Can somebody design a new logo and email to me ([email protected]) together with your moon address ? Will ask for donation.

The new client will change rewards to static and cut rewards by half
I will hear good news from you. Wink
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
If into my bids: yes.

For the rest: HODL also applies to Moon  Grin
As a bonus chart, about 2 years of coin issue:

https://i.imgur.com/3CSee3H.png

Please note that this graph does not take into account the slow period of Moon where coin issue got stuck for a while. Therefore, strictly speaking the x-axis cannot be seen as a gradual movement in time until today's date and the 1 year mark is a bit off. However, that does not harm our analysis.

We are about to enter the phase whereby 25 billion extra coins will be issued (the 'Apollo period'). This will be between blocks 193,000 and 203,000 if I understand it correctly. That will be about 10% of the total coin issue in year 1. I'm planning to pick up some Moons during that phase should Moon go to 1 Litoshi during that avalanche. We should reach that phase by the end of August 2014.

Long before year 1 is done, coin issue will have dropped considerably. That's why I think accumulation during the 'Apollo period' is an interesting strategy.

Tx for the donation  Kiss
You mean I must sell my mooncoin before the 'Apollo period' ?
legendary
yes
As a bonus chart, about 2 years of coin issue:

Please note that this graph does not take into account the slow period of Moon where coin issue got stuck for a while. Therefore, strictly speaking the x-axis cannot be seen as a gradual movement in time until today's date and the 1 year mark is a bit off. However, that does not harm our analysis.

We are about to enter the phase whereby 25 billion extra coins will be issued (the 'Apollo period'). This will be between blocks 193,000 and 203,000 if I understand it correctly. That will be about 10% of the total coin issue in year 1. I'm planning to pick up some Moons during that phase should Moon go to 1 Litoshi during that avalanche. We should reach that phase by the end of August 2014.

Long before year 1 is done, coin issue will have dropped considerably. That's why I think accumulation during the 'Apollo period' is an interesting strategy.

Tx for the donation  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1045
wow, people is eating the ask! from 167 ltcs to 97 ltcs on 5 litoshi  Shocked Shocked
legendary
Moons for this analysis are welcome  Grin
2QXDby7K2xPqN2MtqaUcizUB35tzqmRUu4

Yep. Sent some.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I made a Mooncoin chart some time ago.

Essentially, we are still in the hyperinflationary phase at the beginning of the chart. With some 137 billion Moons issued, about 1/3rd of the total Mooncoins have been issued with a steep issue continuing until we reach 200 billion Moons. After that, the rate of issue declines significantly.

Please note that you are looking at a chart for 21.7 years. Reaching the first 200 billion Mooncoins takes about 1 year. The time of investing is NOW.

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for.

legendary
yes
I made a Mooncoin chart some time ago.

Essentially, we are still in the hyperinflationary phase at the beginning of the chart. With some 137 billion Moons issued, about 1/3rd of the total Mooncoins have been issued with a steep issue continuing until we reach 200 billion Moons. After that, the rate of issue declines significantly.

Please note that you are looking at a chart for 21.7 years. Reaching the first 200 billion Mooncoins takes about 1 year.

Each set of 25,000 blocks takes about 26 days. There are about 350,400 blocks processed annually.
Please keep this in mind when looking at the following inflation projections.

The inflation rate is measured as the total coins issued in one set of 25,000 blocks compared to the total coins minted after that set. Inflation starts at 100%/25k blocks but soon goes to 1% after one year. After 375,000 blocks (with about 200 billion Moons issued) - after 1 year of Mooncoin - the inflation rate per block is about 0.3%/25k blocks That adds up to an annual inflation of about 4.2%. No big deal.

A closer look at the inflation rate per 25k blocks. With 425,000 blocks, a total of 205 billion Moons will have been issued. The inflation rate then is the above-mentioned annual inflation rate of about 4.2%.

The time of investing in Mooncoin is NOW  Cool

Moons for this analysis are welcome  Grin
2QXDby7K2xPqN2MtqaUcizUB35tzqmRUu4
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
Does anyone have an approximate date when all the mooncoins will be mined?

In what year will we have mined the 384 Billion coins, and since this is not a fix limit but blocks will continue to be generated later on.... how much will the yearly inflation be after 384 billion coins have been reached?

Thanks.
Activity: 340
Merit: 250
When was Mooncoin added to Cryptsy? (DD/MM/YYYY)

MOON was added to cryptsy on 24/01/2014.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
When was Mooncoin added to Cryptsy? (DD/MM/YYYY)
legendary
200k block is approaching but I understand we will have a temporary extra amount of Moons issued because of the Apollo aniversary?

Yes, from block 195,000 up to 205,000 there will be bonus-rewards celebrating the landing on the Moon, according to this from the first page of this thread:
"On July 21st, 2014 it will be the 45th anniversary of the lunar landing by the Apollo 11 astronauts. On this date, Mooncoin will begin to release one MOON for every USD spent on the Apollo space program at an accelerated rate: 25.4 billion!"

We are a little behind, because of the stuck blockchain long ago and the following implementation of Kimoto Gravity Well to solve that problem.

Edit: Have to correct a little bit, after checking the code on GitHub:

Code:
	if(nHeight <= 100000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 1999999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight > 193076 && nHeight < 203158) {
                nSubsidy = 2519841 * COIN; // for _roughly_ one week, the cost of the Apollo program will be paid back -- 25.4bn MOON!
        } else if(nHeight <= 203518) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 999999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 250000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 599999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 300000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 349999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 350000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 174999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 375000) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 99999)) * COIN;
        } else if(nHeight <= 384400) {
                nSubsidy = (1 + generateMTRandom(seed, 49999)) * COIN;
        }

if (nHeight % 29531 == 0) {
                // a prize for ever lunar cycle
                nSubsidy = nSubsidy * 2;
        }

else if(nHeight > 193076 && nHeight < 203158) {
                nSubsidy = 2519841 * COIN; // for _roughly_ one week, the cost of the Apollo program will be paid back -- 25.4bn MOON!
(line 1101)

Seems that the bonus-rewards start at block 193,077 already and end at 203,157.
legendary
yes
200k block is approaching but I understand we will have a temporary extra amount of Moons issued because of the Apollo aniversary?
Could lead to some extra dumping of Moons on the exchanges.
Jump to: