Author

Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014 - page 236. (Read 1106889 times)

legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
We really need coinex back online  Sad. Or some other exchange adding the btc-moon pair wich I think is unlikely at the moment because of the volume / price.

Maybe we can add some extra functionality or features to the mooncoin in order to revive it?
I am no developer myself, but how about an algorithm, that scans the profitability just like multipool and keeps the difficulty just below the threshold, so that the multipools don't take over and mine it? That way loyal miners can still mine profitably (maybe not squeezing out the very last coin-profit, sure), but the big coin-hopping crowd is left out of it. I think that would be some kind of unique. MOON seems to have something already, if it constantly shows up on multipools/multiports in terms of profitability. But it could be the first coin to really overcome the burden of this latest development, which pulls each and every coin down (see DOGE) and escape the slavery of multipools. We could be at the forefront with this.

Edit: Just wanted to add, that the multipools are not bad from the ground up, but maybe they need to do something, to give back to the communities. Until then, we have to protect ourselves. On Reddit/Mooncoin someone said, coins have to cope with multipools. And when they survive this, they deserve a long life (something like that). That is basically right. So let's develop something to face the big pools.
And of course it needs to be mentioned, that multipool helped MOON out not so long ago, when we were stuck with high difficulty and unorganic pump-and-dump-price-fall (KGW not yet implemented, which now solved that problem) and the pool-operator was so kind to throw in some hashing-power for a short time to find the next blocks quickly. I assume they themselves are mad about the development at the moment, based on the massive hashing-power, bringing a lot of coins to their knees, not really knowing, what to do. So please, multipool-ops, think about some kind of solution as well. It's all some kind of symbiosis.

I like your idea, however letting something as important as difficulty up to a central authority (coinwars or an exchange) is too risky I think.

I rather thought of the coin's algorithm having implemented something to check that and adapt the difficulty accordingly to just keep below the profitability assumed by the mentioned sites. But in a way, you're right, as those sites can be manipulated too, which in turn could influence this and the dev could not react fast enough, because changing the algo and wallets takes too much time in this regard. Maybe assuming something like an average value, taken from the last days/weeks to calculate the profitability could help?
Do you have another idea?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Some big changes for Mooncoin are right around the corner! We'll just say that if you're smart, you'll hold. I can't reveal much right now, but it's coming.

I am looking forward to hearing what changes are about. Keep up the good work:). I'm holding, maybe even buying some more Smiley

The potential return is huge for this coin, its worth practically nothing atm (18 litoshis), the value could easily increase a tenfold with just a few btcs of money inflow

We really need coinex back online  Sad. Or some other exchange adding the btc-moon pair wich I think is unlikely at the moment because of the volume / price.

Maybe we can add some extra functionality or features to the mooncoin in order to revive it?
I am no developer myself, but how about an algorithm, that scans the profitability just like multipool and keeps the difficulty just below the threshold, so that the multipools don't take over and mine it? That way loyal miners can still mine profitably (maybe not squeezing out the very last coin-profit, sure), but the big coin-hopping crowd is left out of it. I think that would be some kind of unique. MOON seems to have something already, if it constantly shows up on multipools/multiports in terms of profitability. But it could be the first coin to really overcome the burden of this latest development, which pulls each and every coin down (see DOGE) and escape the slavery of multipools. We could be at the forefront with this.

Edit: Just wanted to add, that the multipools are not bad from the ground up, but maybe they need to do something, to give back to the communities. Until then, we have to protect ourselves. On Reddit/Mooncoin someone said, coins have to cope with multipools. And when they survive this, they deserve a long life (something like that). That is basically right. So let's develop something to face the big pools.
And of course it needs to be mentioned, that multipool helped MOON out not so long ago, when we were stuck with high difficulty and unorganic pump-and-dump-price-fall (KGW not yet implemented, which now solved that problem) and the pool-operator was so kind to throw in some hashing-power for a short time to find the next blocks quickly. I assume they themselves are mad about the development at the moment, based on the massive hashing-power, bringing a lot of coins to their knees, not really knowing, what to do. So please, multipool-ops, think about some kind of solution as well. It's all some kind of symbiosis.

I like your idea, however letting something as important as difficulty up to a central authority (coinwars or an exchange) is too risky I think.
legendary
Some big changes for Mooncoin are right around the corner! We'll just say that if you're smart, you'll hold. I can't reveal much right now, but it's coming.

I'm curious. Any timeframe for the news to be published?
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
Mooncoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Mooncoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

2THQ74iskgoTXSWEEZZ9R1tkFa9575aDhu

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
legendary
Activity: 1045
FYI Im buying 50 LTCs on mooncoin, from 13 14 15 and today at 16

When i finish, i'll have 600million.  Grin
Activity: 7
WHY MOONCOIN....?

MOON COIN have the REAL best potential of the alt coin...

LOOK HERE.... a great community involved... and imagine when we reagain 30 Satoshi (minimum)... i remember all we went over 1000 Litoshi and over 30 satoshi, and our first goal NOW is 400 Litoshi.

Developers are here and every day they do a great work for the coin
And finally.... the potential.... we are here solid, positive and full of energy... we buy Mooncoin and MOON is growing... think about your life after an investment in mooncoin... when we reach over 50 satoshi... and more...

We are here to support this coin, to make our life better... and if our life is better we can help many people in this world to have a better life....
But REMEMBER MOONERS.... if you are here.... YOU can simply DO this change .... for you and for the world.... BUY NOW... HOLD.... and be POSITIVE... we are reaching day by day the MOON....TOGHETER!!!
Activity: 7

This is the type of great news we love to hear.... Togheter with MOON for a better life and world.... Buy MOON!!!
Activity: 243
Merit: 250

holding all right  Cool

we never give up:)
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

holding all right  Cool
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Activity: 51
come on!!boss!!it's time to use your 80% MOON for puming the price up!
legendary

Activity: 378
NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR
altcoins are rising a lot of noobs people are selling so cheap. calm people,moon will rise again.. timee people,calm noobs
We really need coinex back online  Sad. Or some other exchange adding the btc-moon pair wich I think is unlikely at the moment because of the volume / price.

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Why dev dont think about to get lower   total coin number?
pretty much dev has put up a big crap on this coin and dont even care about it anymore!
1 litoshi here we come.

you are misinformed, decon is working on this coin, I can attest for it.  I am sure he is listening on these forums as he post all the time, please keep your comments constructive and perhaps you might influence good change.
legendary
Why dev dont think about to get lower   total coin number?
A high number of coins is basically not bad, because they can be spread widely, creating a broad base. That is exactly, what is happening right now. The massive amounts of coins from the first days are newly distributed, which is a little bit painful for many - especially with weak hands, because they sell too early and will bemoan their decision later on. Think of months, not days, if you're not out for a quick profit, but a solid investment. A coin with a broader base has a firmer standing, the more time is getting by. You just need to be patient.
So, keep calm and buy Mooncoins.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Earn some MOON mining at the Hasher pool:

http://moon.hasher.ca   -  PPLNS 1%

Happy Hashing!
legendary
pretty much dev has put up a big crap on this coin and dont even care about it anymore!
1 litoshi here we come.
Just look some entries above, where he posted. Why are you posting such untruthfulness and FUD? Are you a developer or investor of another coin and fear the competition? Read and learn - or simply leave this thread and post your rubbish elsewhere. If you don't care for MOON, why are you still here? Only for trolling?
Activity: 243
1 litoshi here we come.

deaconboogie is here and give answer he is the owner of this topic
Jump to: