Author

Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014 - page 383. (Read 1106887 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Mooncoin dev here, I am still around.

I had to deal with back surgery after a herniated disc. I'm not going to share the details because "haters gonna hate" and all of that. It was not a pleasant experience.

We'll update this weekend.

Sorry to hear about your back. I know people who've had similar operations; I hope you're not in too much pain!

Long term there is still a potential future for Mooncoin.  As I've mentioned several times in this thread, and as @ProfessorY has alluded to, the future of crypto is absolutely massive.  We're still at a stage equivalent to smartphones in 2006 or early 2007 -- they existed, but few people had them (in terms of percent of the population). 

Then they took off into mass adoption and the number of people using them and the amount of money in the market grew exponentially.  Something similar will happen with crypto, except I think it'll happen faster and reach a MUCH bigger market than smartphones have so far - in part because crypto is a solution to major problems found especially often in developing countries.

You'll see a LOT more competing "brands" and even the small players will be worth at least a cent or two each, which could pay off handsomely for those of us holding. 

And the difficulty is so insanely low again - I made an additional 60,000 while I was sleeping last night just running one PC with a single graphics card getting about 300Kh/s. 

I think the Coinpayments thread is still accepting votes for a little longer. Vote for it if you haven't:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397540.480

and of course you can still request it on Cryptsy - it looks like he's finishing up upgrades before adding new coins

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/49478/

Yes, I have voted
Activity: 558
Merit: 500

I had to deal with back surgery after a herniated disc. I'm not going to share the details because "haters gonna hate" and all of that. It was not a pleasant experience.

Sorry to hear about your back. I know people who've had similar operations; I hope you're not in too much pain!

Long term there is still a potential future for Mooncoin.  As I've mentioned several times in this thread, and as @ProfessorY has alluded to, the future of crypto is absolutely massive.  We're still at a stage equivalent to smartphones in 2006 or early 2007 -- they existed, but few people had them (in terms of percent of the population). 

Then they took off into mass adoption and the number of people using them and the amount of money in the market grew exponentially.  Something similar will happen with crypto, except I think it'll happen faster and reach a MUCH bigger market than smartphones have so far - in part because crypto is a solution to major problems found especially often in developing countries.

You'll see a LOT more competing "brands" and even the small players will be worth at least a cent or two each, which could pay off handsomely for those of us holding. 

And the difficulty is so insanely low again - I made an additional 60,000 while I was sleeping last night just running one PC with a single graphics card getting about 300Kh/s. 

I think the Coinpayments thread is still accepting votes for a little longer. Vote for it if you haven't:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=397540.480

and of course you can still request it on Cryptsy - it looks like he's finishing up upgrades before adding new coins

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/49478/
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

If that's true, I'll apologize for all the whining. I hope you and moon coin will get better soon.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059
so we had a surgery after the crash  Wink

let's get this rocket ship fly again..
Activity: 378

Sorry to hear that and best excuse ever!  :-D

Let's get pointed back to the moon with your help.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

I Guess moon did pay a lot!
update what
Activity: 138

Activity: 126
vendo 700 MOON por 50 QRK
So this coin looks dead.

People should learn from this: Before releasing a coin, make sure you have the time AND money, get a team of people to promote the coin and be friendly and active in the community.

I doubt this coin will ever bounce back up.  There's nothing special about it at all.  The release was poorly executed imo.  It wasn't released on time.  The logo wasn't that great I thought.  No windows-qt wallet was made available for a long time and when it was it had doge branding. Still I'll hold on to my 20000 'cause at 1 satoshi it's not really worth the bother to sell them.

I don't disagree with you, but the fact is that none of that will matter one iota or even be remembered in six months. At $10/million it's worth holding a few million, no matter how grim it looks. Because you never know.
Activity: 310
In Crypto I trust.
I doubt this coin will ever bounce back up.  There's nothing special about it at all.  The release was poorly executed imo.  It wasn't released on time.  The logo wasn't that great I thought.  No windows-qt wallet was made available for a long time and when it was it had doge branding. Still I'll hold on to my 20000 'cause at 1 satoshi it's not really worth the bother to sell them.
can we solo mine this at this diff with 2.5MH

I would not bother. Buy some if anything.

Solo Klondike coin right now. I'm still getting blocks with 1.5Mhs...
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
can we solo mine this at this diff with 2.5MH
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
I emailed CoinedUp to request they bring the Moon/BTC market back -- it had not been lacking for orders at all.
There is no buy order at 1 satoshi. Why should they keep this dead market? No buyers make no trading.

I was watching the Moon/BTC market last night and there were buy orders for 3-4 BTC worth of Mooncoin @ 1 satoshi for several hours. Those orders were actually why I started mining Moons. So either those orders were suddenly pulled, filled, or cancelled by CoinedUp.

They cancel the open buy orders when they pull the coin. Some of those were mine.

But it doesn't make sense to kill a market where active trading is occurring... Unless the exchange is manipulating to buy up cheap Moons.
there was no active trading, having buy orders at 1 satoshi doesn't mean that they will get filled any time soon. If nobody wants to sell at 1 satoshi then the market is still dead.
so do you suggest to not try to sell?

I'm certainly not. I mean, look...say you have a million MOON. If you sell that now, what is it going to get you? About 9 bucks or 0.01 of a bitcoin. Why bother? Forget you even have it. Consider it lost into the void. Come back in six months and either your 9 bucks is gone or it's turned into a LOT more than 9 bucks.

The coins like this are the best opportunity for ridiculous gains. Yes, some (most?) will fail completely. But the ones that don't are the ones that make millionaires.

Something to consider.

This happened to me with Goldcoin. I looked months later and I had $5K worth!
I emailed CoinedUp to request they bring the Moon/BTC market back -- it had not been lacking for orders at all.
There is no buy order at 1 satoshi. Why should they keep this dead market? No buyers make no trading.

I was watching the Moon/BTC market last night and there were buy orders for 3-4 BTC worth of Mooncoin @ 1 satoshi for several hours. Those orders were actually why I started mining Moons. So either those orders were suddenly pulled, filled, or cancelled by CoinedUp.

They cancel the open buy orders when they pull the coin. Some of those were mine.

But it doesn't make sense to kill a market where active trading is occurring... Unless the exchange is manipulating to buy up cheap Moons.

I'm guessing there wasn't enough trading going on to make it worth their while.
Activity: 574

Activity: 574

Jump to: