Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin - page 9. (Read 178177 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
May 01, 2015, 08:17:08 AM
Give me till next friday :p I will make several samples of each!
The website though I think needs some CSS transitions, and also the website is very dark and dismal. Maybe something like a vivid blue and some turqoise with green letters? To give it that grass/ sky kind of feel. Something more outdoorsy and less dark...
You sound like you want to design the website.  Tongue

I'm sure it will be easy to modify motocoins website to suit and since it is open source, everyone can help. Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
May 01, 2015, 08:15:20 AM
Give me till next friday :p I will make several samples of each!
The website though I think needs some CSS transitions, and also the website is very dark and dismal. Maybe something like a vivid blue and some turqoise with green letters? To give it that grass/ sky kind of feel. Something more outdoorsy and less dark...
legendary
Crypto since 2014
May 01, 2015, 08:02:12 AM
so it will be PLAY coin?
as in MOTO / BTC / PLAY?
What should I make the logo of the name? Do you have an idea for a logo I could 3Dify Wink.
I think the game should have an artistic atmosphere and style, the old MOTO is barren of any visual appeal whatsoever. Games are meant to be eyecandy, lol

I think the rocks are also hideous. They should be a more saturated colour and pattern, and the background should have a single sky image stretched over it, perhaps a twilight gradient with some stars in it, higher up...  anyways I'll see what I can do, for fun Smiley
I have a nice idea to create a nice 3D animation loop for the logo... don't make me design a website, omg. Going back to drupal... uuugh!

Yes the "ticker" will be PLAY.

The background sounds awesome. I had a look at the game.cpp and I found the code for the sky. The sky moves with the motorbike.

And no, you don't need to create a whole website. Smiley We can clone motocoin's.

Maybe you can make the O in playcoin a tyre? Just giving you some ideas, although that was probably a bad one. Smiley
May 01, 2015, 07:57:51 AM
so it will be PLAY coin?
as in MOTO / BTC / PLAY?
What should I make the logo of the name? Do you have an idea for a logo I could 3Dify Wink.
I think the game should have an artistic atmosphere and style, the old MOTO is barren of any visual appeal whatsoever. Games are meant to be eyecandy, lol

I think the rocks are also hideous. They should be a more saturated colour and pattern, and the background should have a single sky image stretched over it, perhaps a twilight gradient with some stars in it, higher up...  anyways I'll see what I can do, for fun Smiley
I have a nice idea to create a nice 3D animation loop for the logo... don't make me design a website, omg. Going back to drupal... uuugh!
legendary
Crypto since 2014
May 01, 2015, 07:32:12 AM
well its a nice idea yeah but I mean what would i get out of it?
Do you need some graphics or something?
I'd love to mine some in the beginning, for sure.
Its a very good idea, though. YEs I want in!
I could make a nice 3D logo if that would help
PLAY coin, mmm Good name, too.
Motocoin should be toted to Motorola though.

I guess you could make some BTC.
I'll see if Quadmium (a friend) wants to help code it. It shouldn't be too hard.

We just need an update to the graphics, maybe a nicer bike rider. That orange looks a little dated. Smiley

Here are the images needing an update:

https://github.com/motocoin-dev/motocoin/tree/master/src/game/images

A 3D logo would look nice btw.
May 01, 2015, 05:45:31 AM
ok ok Im gonna run the bot too lol

https://motocoin-dev.github.io/motocoin-site/

The MOTOCOIN website.
May 01, 2015, 05:18:52 AM
what with MOTOcoin?
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
May 01, 2015, 05:09:46 AM
Hey, I see somebody with IP 94.29.108.254:13107. Gotcha.

Synchronizing now.
May 01, 2015, 03:50:13 AM
well its a nice idea yeah but I mean what would i get out of it?
Do you need some graphics or something?
I'd love to mine some in the beginning, for sure.
Its a very good idea, though. YEs I want in!
I could make a nice 3D logo if that would help
PLAY coin, mmm Good name, too.
Motocoin should be toted to Motorola though.

legendary
Crypto since 2014
May 01, 2015, 03:47:34 AM
why do you think I've been riling about HMC and motoshit?
Because I think it will SkyRocketCoin?
haha

these currencies are whale cocks that can be spanked up and down anyway.
perhaps we should create a DORKcoin...

Dude what are you on about?

So, are you for the idea of Playcoin or Against it?
May 01, 2015, 01:43:01 AM
why do you think I've been riling about HMC and motoshit?
Because I think it will SkyRocketCoin?
haha

these currencies are whale cocks that can be spanked up and down anyway.
perhaps we should create a DORKcoin...
legendary
Crypto since 2014
April 30, 2015, 07:34:06 PM
Interesting conjecture. The implicatiopns are quite horrendous, aren't they

The implications of what? Don't you think its time to give up on Motocoin and move on to something better?

I'm sure you know motocoin is never going to rise again.
April 30, 2015, 07:05:09 PM
Interesting conjecture. The implicatiopns are quite horrendous, aren't they
legendary
Crypto since 2014
April 30, 2015, 05:05:24 PM

I wasn't talking about anything new, I just meant the latest version of motocoin's map generator.
The map generator is working quite well, we just need players and I don't see then coming unless we create a fresh new coin without a premine and bots taking all the coins.

I believe most botted coins have been dumped for low prices so they could be in the hands of traders. C-Cex had the volume traded.
No worries about premine here, probably already absorbed by the market as well, value is too low to worry about.

I've tried playing and mined a few coins but it's too hard to keep coming back for more.  
Trust me no one will play unless each block is worth at least 50c.

We are in an infinite death spiral.
Low Price -> Less Players
Less Players -> Lower Price

You see what I mean? Now if we relaunch / create a new coin, we will have way more players, which will lead to a higher price. And since we have a higher price we will have more players.

The only reason we lost players in the first place is because motocoin didn't have any kind of bot protection.
By the time bot protection came, all the players had left.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
April 30, 2015, 08:25:57 AM

I wasn't talking about anything new, I just meant the latest version of motocoin's map generator.
The map generator is working quite well, we just need players and I don't see then coming unless we create a fresh new coin without a premine and bots taking all the coins.

I believe most botted coins have been dumped for low prices so they could be in the hands of traders. C-Cex had the volume traded.
No worries about premine here, probably already absorbed by the market as well, value is too low to worry about.

I've tried playing and mined a few coins but it's too hard to keep coming back for more. 
legendary
Crypto since 2014
April 30, 2015, 06:45:04 AM

It will contain the new map generation method to dispose of bots pretty well.

If you have a solution then why don't you try implement it in MotoCoin. That's all this coin is waiting for.
I won't support a relaunch, market and distribution of MOTO's has lived through almost a year now.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
April 30, 2015, 06:02:58 AM

It will contain the new map generation method to dispose of bots pretty well.

If you have a solution then why don't you try implement it in MotoCoin. That's all this coin is waiting for.
I won't support a relaunch, market and distribution of MOTO's has lived through almost a year now.
legendary
Crypto since 2014
April 30, 2015, 02:35:24 AM
Yes I did see the post but there are some changes in the graphics that would require a bit of coding, I think?
well my gripe is for instance the background I want it to be one image, stretched, and yes I will do that - or those, try and see if I can implement some new appearances.

But you didn't my answer about the value of MOTOcoinS. They will remain worthless? Lol.

I'll give it a try, I will look up your post, I'll try and do that in the coming weeks, however I'm not sure I could change the tacky sprite, though. I would have wanted a game with very vivid saturated type of colours reminiscent of legend of Kyrandia 1 and 2, if you know those old PC games from the early 1990s? Without an outline the sprite will also have a more "impressionistic" look (a school of landscape painting in the late 1800s), especially if the colour is contrasting well with the background.
I'd like to add a centerd large single image for the background, and well some glowing particles floating around the sprite, which would take coding... also if a coin could you know, appear as you are about to earn it, and then a chink sound, that would be cute, lol.
But as you say, MOTOcoin is defunct and will remain worthless?

Please let me know where I can find that uploaded bot. There's no hurry I guess. Playcoin would be great. But I can imagine if some games like No Man's Sky where to be able to implement some type of Proof of Play coin that proof of play for commercial gaming could be an enormous value asset oneday...

Yeah I guess some additions to the game would require some coding.

Anyway, heres the bot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs2cu8bkklitdd2/Motocoin_Bot.zip?dl=0
Make sure the read the readme, although you probably already know what to do. Smiley
Have fun mining worthless coins... I don't think Motocoin will become a collectors item.

As i've said many times, motcoin WILL NOT take off again, and I believe that is because bot owners own the majority of the coins.

If you're looking for a good coin, join us at Spreadcoin.
April 30, 2015, 01:56:27 AM
Yes I did see the post but there are some changes in the graphics that would require a bit of coding, I think?
well my gripe is for instance the background I want it to be one image, stretched, and yes I will do that - or those, try and see if I can implement some new appearances.

But you didn't my answer about the value of MOTOcoinS. They will remain worthless? Lol.

I'll give it a try, I will look up your post, I'll try and do that in the coming weeks, however I'm not sure I could change the tacky sprite, though. I would have wanted a game with very vivid saturated type of colours reminiscent of legend of Kyrandia 1 and 2, if you know those old PC games from the early 1990s? Without an outline the sprite will also have a more "impressionistic" look (a school of landscape painting in the late 1800s), especially if the colour is contrasting well with the background.
I'd like to add a centerd large single image for the background, and well some glowing particles floating around the sprite, which would take coding... also if a coin could you know, appear as you are about to earn it, and then a chink sound, that would be cute, lol.
But as you say, MOTOcoin is defunct and will remain worthless?

Please let me know where I can find that uploaded bot. There's no hurry I guess. Playcoin would be great. But I can imagine if some games like No Man's Sky where to be able to implement some type of Proof of Play coin that proof of play for commercial gaming could be an enormous value asset oneday...

legendary
Crypto since 2014
April 29, 2015, 11:57:56 PM
what would happen to the old MOTOcoins though?
lol.
There is a dev for rent, Hed probably charge 0.5 bitcoins to do that...
I forgot his name now, but he's on here somewhere.

Just sad to see that my MOTOcoins will be completely worthless and this project just used as some dead cadaver/ corpse from which ideas can be used to pollinate a new FrankensteinCoin :p

I'd love to do the graphics if someone can help me implement it, to. I think this game is so hideous, with the right color composition / style it could readily attract attention, because it looks like a relic from 1987 at this stage, some late eighties game of note... but yeah, sad the MOTOcoins are worthless.

I wonder if you think some of these failed coins like MOTOcoin would become "cryptocurrency collector items" oneday, like antiques from a bygone era, and become worth something and adopted, or will they be forgotten. Very interesting concept to consider, I think..
I already told you how to create textures and implement them. Did you see that post?
If I create Playcoin i'll use my new textures which are Minecraft inspired. (actually they are the minecraft textures Smiley )
Pages:
Jump to: