Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin - page 13. (Read 178181 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009
February 22, 2015, 09:00:58 AM
Support just confirmed MOTO is removed from the delisting list, so it will stay.

Good news, let's see if the interest picks up Smiley
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
February 22, 2015, 06:28:24 AM
Support just confirmed MOTO is removed from the delisting list, so it will stay.

That's good news. We could do with getting on more exchanges in case c-cex does ever remove Motocoin.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
February 22, 2015, 06:08:54 AM
legendary
February 21, 2015, 06:57:11 PM
11 RT's of just one tweet, means that there is enough interest in this coin. Keep supporting it on C-Cex.

https://twitter.com/CryptoTraders/status/569195648555323392

https://c-cex.com/?p=moto-btc

Let's see if folks help us keeping it up Smiley
legendary
February 21, 2015, 05:40:50 PM
11 RT's of just one tweet, means that there is enough interest in this coin. Keep supporting it on C-Cex.

https://twitter.com/CryptoTraders/status/569195648555323392

https://c-cex.com/?p=moto-btc
legendary
February 18, 2015, 05:44:39 PM
MOTO is marked for delisting if no trading occurs. We need over 0.1 btc average per day before 25th. Don't give up the exchange and buy some.

Idea: some people could dump so we could buy it all cheap and thus, creating volume Grin

Yes until all coins are off the market and the price will skyrocket again  Cheesy
legendary
February 18, 2015, 05:14:43 PM
MOTO is marked for delisting if no trading occurs. We need over 0.1 btc average per day before 25th. Don't give up the exchange and buy some.

Idea: some people could dump so we could buy it all cheap and thus, creating volume Grin
Vz
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
February 18, 2015, 02:21:26 PM
Dumm I have missed a big piece of MOTO.. Some one sell and not to me)) 500 000

We will not delisted))
legendary
February 18, 2015, 12:26:30 PM
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
February 14, 2015, 08:22:32 PM
Anti warp is to prevent time warp attacks (HMC started to call it this way). Difficulty is adjusted using maximum allowed time, however it cannot drop below the median time of last N blocks (this is to prevent making mining impossible). Say if target time is 30 seconds and you generate only 30 seconds replays then time will never drop below 30 seconds, if you can genereate 30 second replay each second you can instamine many blocks and difficuly will not increase to counter that. Anti warp adds classical PoW to map generation to prevent this.

Well, I understand now, thank you. I had no time recently for thread re-reading and I had stopped on page 46 for now. So no any HMC special magic here. Just PoW. Actually I had vague understanding of this, but I'm just surprised that the moto game is still pretty human-minable (and map generation is still pretty fast) even with new public bot around, so I began to speculate if there's something more besides just PoW. So far so good. But the price is so low that only few people are bot mining anyway. It would be interesting to look at mining dynamics if MOTO would not be so worthless.  Grin

I'm glad that you're still around. Looks like MOTO functions just fine. It's a pretty interesting experiment anyway.

When I read old discussion here, one thought did not leave me. Now it doesn't matter, but anyway. In Bitcoin, to successfully overwrite the entire blockchain, miner's chain should have more work (total difficulty) than the current blockchain. So it's basically more work (and time) consuming and more useless form of 51% attack. But in 'old' pre-PoW MOTO case such miner (as I understand) could just use minimal target for all of his alternative chain. But why it was impossible to use target times as difficulty to prevent such attack? Our attacker just must have smaller target time for his every block compared to corresponding (by number) block in a current chain. Or (more rough variant) he must have smaller sum of target times in his chain (which is the same length).
Activity: 204
February 13, 2015, 04:21:57 PM
It's why I started to look thro HMC posts... I know absolutely nothing about MOTO. I want to try to understand how it works... Looks like I will need to look into source too... 'Allowed time' doesn't serve as difficulty well... And I don't remember if he told anything about map difficulty (although subjectively for me it's seems that it's definitely harder when there are more miners around). (EDIT: he told about Perlin noise 'difficulty' - post from June 11 2014, but I still do not sure if it was implemented in some way. I need to continue to read the thread, I'm on 42nd page just now). In short words: what the miracle is that 'anti-warp' feature?.. Maybe it can serve not only MOTO, but other cryptos as well...
Anti warp is to prevent time warp attacks (HMC started to call it this way). Difficulty is adjusted using maximum allowed time, however it cannot drop below the median time of last N blocks (this is to prevent making mining impossible). Say if target time is 30 seconds and you generate only 30 seconds replays then time will never drop below 30 seconds, if you can genereate 30 second replay each second you can instamine many blocks and difficuly will not increase to counter that. Anti warp adds classical PoW to map generation to prevent this.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
February 08, 2015, 09:17:30 PM
Looks like coinmarketcap.com has removed MOTO.  Sad I don't even know when it happened. I will try to write in their BCT thread about the matter.

e1ghtSpace, I looked thro HunterMinerCrafter old posts and it's possible that he is busy with zennet project now. Here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10317240 ohad talks about him and it looks like he was alright at the time (Jan 31). You can contact ohad to ask if he still has a contact with HMC and if HMC is alright.
I did and he is ok. Well, I didn't get to talk to him, but I know he is still online.
legendary
February 08, 2015, 10:56:49 AM
Looks like coinmarketcap.com has removed MOTO.  Sad I don't even know when it happened. I will try to write in their BCT thread about the matter.

e1ghtSpace, I looked thro HunterMinerCrafter old posts and it's possible that he is busy with zennet project now. Here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10317240 ohad talks about him and it looks like he was alright at the time (Jan 31). You can contact ohad to ask if he still has a contact with HMC and if HMC is alright.

Anyone having luck with the bot?

It's ok with me (well, you already know it). Also it depends on the number of miners/total 'hashrate'. When there was about 16 connections, I usually did not see a block in a several hours. After all 200 sato orders was executed, some miners left so it was somehow better.

It's why I started to look thro HMC posts... I know absolutely nothing about MOTO. I want to try to understand how it works... Looks like I will need to look into source too... 'Allowed time' doesn't serve as difficulty well... And I don't remember if he told anything about map difficulty (although subjectively for me it's seems that it's definitely harder when there are more miners around). In short words: what the miracle is that 'anti-warp' feature?.. Maybe it can serve not only MOTO, but other cryptos as well...

I was pretty curious about what's up with HMC too, but after all it seems he is still around, just not on MOTO so much. Hope he comes back Smiley

As for the bot, just fired it up again. I hope someday it can find a single block, lol.
February 08, 2015, 10:50:59 AM
Looks like coinmarketcap.com has removed MOTO.  Sad I don't even know when it happened. I will try to write in their BCT thread about the matter.

It's ok with me (well, you already know it). Also it depends on the number of miners/total 'hashrate'. When there were about 16 connections, I usually did not see a block in several hours. After all 200 sato orders was executed, some miners left so it was somehow better. I only can assume it doen't work on Win 8. Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't work on 32 bit systems, .exe itself is 32 bit but it uses some x64 library or something and at least doesn't work on 32 bit WinXP.

It's why I started to look thro HMC posts... I know absolutely nothing about MOTO. I want to try to understand how it works... Looks like I will need to look into source too... 'Allowed time' doesn't serve as difficulty well... And I don't remember if he told anything about map difficulty (although subjectively for me it's seems that it's definitely harder when there are more miners around). (EDIT: he told about Perlin noise 'difficulty' - post from June 11 2014, but I still do not sure if it was implemented in some way. I need to continue to read the thread, I'm on 42nd page just now). In short words: what the miracle is that 'anti-warp' feature?.. Maybe it can serve not only MOTO, but other cryptos as well...
legendary
February 08, 2015, 08:36:45 AM
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
February 08, 2015, 07:44:08 AM

-1 of 6 confirmations? How it's ever possible? Why not zero?

It was accepted in an opposite dimension.
February 08, 2015, 07:42:45 AM

-1 of 6 confirmations? How it's ever possible? Why not zero?

legendary
January 26, 2015, 10:42:58 AM
I didn't get any block on my Windows 7 VM. Had it running for 2/2,5 hours total... Since this doesn't seem to be malicious I'll try it outside the VM on Windows 8.1, on my desktop.

Pretty wierd, this guy just creates an account to drop his bot, and never logs in again. All this without giving source code...

As for the hashrate, how many of us are running this bot? How do you know there are 5-10 running?

Also, can you please confirm the bot behavior (so that I can see if I'm setting it up correctly)? When you click play, the motogame.exe just runs in the background without any windows and goes full throttle on the CPU?

Yes, it's behave just like you described. Later I tried it on some old Athlon, works too (I got a block about every hour). But I don't use VM. Also, I have Win 7 on both machines. Do you have the latest wallet version of 8 Sep 2014? https://github.com/motocoin-dev/motocoin/releases/tag/HMCtesting3

Of course, we still should be suspicious and I don't recommend to run this bot on machine which has any valuable information.

>How do you know there are 5-10 running?

I just looked at the number of connections in qt wallet. Before the Necromonger's bot it was usually 2-3 connections (first bot and c-cex, I guess? also block explorer). During the last little pump it was about 5-7 (some people start to mine manually, I guess). And just now it's 10 (and it was 11 not so long ago).

>Pretty wierd, this guy just creates an account to drop his bot, and never logs in again. All this without giving source code...

I guess this guy just sat here read-only and make an account when it was necessary to upload the bot finally. Maybe he is shy about his bad style code or don't want to somebody improve the bot. Or wrote it in some windows-only environment. Or he want all of our privkeys are belong to him. I don't know. Of course, I will say again, we must be suspicious. And it's sad that this guy don't even log in again to tell us why he don't want to give a source code.

Yes, I have that version. I can mine blocks manually. I can't get any block neither with a 4 year old laptop with AMD CPU, neither a Core 2 Duo. Pretty odd...

Haven't seen more than 4/5 connections lately. And some might not be running the bot Smiley

As for private keys, if he has mine, he hasn't used them so far Cheesy
January 26, 2015, 08:56:55 AM
I didn't get any block on my Windows 7 VM. Had it running for 2/2,5 hours total... Since this doesn't seem to be malicious I'll try it outside the VM on Windows 8.1, on my desktop.

Pretty wierd, this guy just creates an account to drop his bot, and never logs in again. All this without giving source code...

As for the hashrate, how many of us are running this bot? How do you know there are 5-10 running?

Also, can you please confirm the bot behavior (so that I can see if I'm setting it up correctly)? When you click play, the motogame.exe just runs in the background without any windows and goes full throttle on the CPU?

Yes, it behaves just like you described. Later I tried it on some old Athlon, works too (I got a block about every hour). But I don't use VM. Also, I have Win 7 on both machines. Do you have the latest wallet version of 8 Sep 2014? https://github.com/motocoin-dev/motocoin/releases/tag/HMCtesting3

Of course, we still should be suspicious and I don't recommend to run this bot on machine which has any valuable information.

>How do you know there are 5-10 running?

I just looked at the number of connections in qt wallet. Before the Necromonger's bot it was usually 2-3 connections (first bot and c-cex, I guess? also block explorer). During the last little pump it was about 5-7 (some people start to mine manually, I guess). And just now it's 10 (and it was 11 not so long ago).

>Pretty wierd, this guy just creates an account to drop his bot, and never logs in again. All this without giving source code...

I guess this guy just sat here read-only and made an account when it was necessary to upload the bot finally. Maybe he is shy about his bad style code or don't want to somebody improve the bot. Or wrote it in some windows-only environment. Or he want all of our privkeys are belong to him. I don't know. Of course, I will say again, we must be suspicious. And it's sad that this guy don't even log in again to tell us why he don't want to give a source code.
legendary
January 24, 2015, 12:33:06 PM
I get a block about every half hour with my laptop i3. Maybe the bot doesn't work properly on some CPUs? And of course, the process is kind of random, sometimes there are no blocks in hours and sometimes it's several blocks in a row.

And yes, source code is badly needed. So more people will trust and mine. And with source code it will be also possible to compile/re-write this bot for linux.

Anyway, it's a good news. Hashrate is well distributed again and MOTO can function as cryptocurrency now (again). Also I tried to mine manually, it's still quite possible. But now only about 5-10 bots running. What would happen if 'hashrate' will be high enough? Maybe human mining will be still possible for good player while computer mining will be too costly? Who knows.

With well distibuted 'blockrate' it's good time to promotion. But honestly I don't know what we can do for MOTO popularization. If only we had a dev...

Pages:
Jump to: