Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MRO] Monero - an anonymous coin based on CryptoNote technology - page 4. (Read 23515 times)

Activity: 300
Merit: 250
We have around 10000 blocks mined now, if 1 block each minute then release date at 6 days ago make sense. I just dont understand how daemon make log like that. Lead dev should take a look into this problem.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
Der the chain is going at 2x what was expected so the daemon while syncing sees a height of 9500+ and thinks its been 2 weeks not 7 days.  feel free once your synced to check the unix times like everyone placed in here and quit being Elmer Fudd.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Coin launched on Fri, 18 Apr 2014

print_block 1
block_id: <771fbcd656ec1464d3a02ead5e18644030007a0fc664c0a964d30922821a8148>
{
  "major_version": 1,
  "minor_version": 0,
  "timestamp": 1397818193,
  "prev_id": "418015bb9ae982a1975da7d79277c2705727a56894ba0fb246adaabb1f4632e3",
  "nonce": 813497413,
  "miner_tx": {
    "version": 1,
    "unlock_time": 61,
    "vin": [ {
        "gen": {
          "height": 1

http://www.epochconverter.com/
Convert epoch to human readable date and vice versa

e  [batch convert timestamps to human dates]

timestamp": 1397818193
GMT: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:49:53 GMT
Your time zone: 4/18/2014 3:49:53 AM GMT-7

Correct! It's just something cosmetic because of changed block time (from 120 to 60)
Activity: 910
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
Coin launched on Fri, 18 Apr 2014

print_block 1
block_id: <771fbcd656ec1464d3a02ead5e18644030007a0fc664c0a964d30922821a8148>
{
  "major_version": 1,
  "minor_version": 0,
  "timestamp": 1397818193,
  "prev_id": "418015bb9ae982a1975da7d79277c2705727a56894ba0fb246adaabb1f4632e3",
  "nonce": 813497413,
  "miner_tx": {
    "version": 1,
    "unlock_time": 61,
    "vin": [ {
        "gen": {
          "height": 1

http://www.epochconverter.com/
Convert epoch to human readable date and vice versa

e  [batch convert timestamps to human dates]

timestamp": 1397818193
GMT: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:49:53 GMT
Your time zone: 4/18/2014 3:49:53 AM GMT-7
Stand on the shoulders of giants
how can I write msg on block if I find one ?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
i'm thinking, is this because network already changed from 1-minute to 2-minutes block, and my deamon calculate based on this, then returned wrong date of blocks ?

No, a hard fork is required for that change. Nothing has changed yet from BMR, discussion are still ongoing on the exact nature of the vote, or the fix, or whatever it'll be.

I don't know how "X time behind" is estimated, but checking the timestamp on the blockchain is the most direct way to determine when a block was mined, including the genesis. You can try it after you're finished syncing.
Exact instructions so that this dies down.  Roll Eyes

print_block 1 in the daemon (not wallet) terminal.

It will give block_id, versions, and then timestamp, which should say 1397818193. You can convert this here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

As you can see: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:49:53 GMT

thanks ...
i'm thinking, is this because network already changed from 1-minute to 2-minutes block, and my deamon calculate based on this, then returned wrong date of blocks ?
i can't confirm with the print_block command because syncing is not completed yet. But my log clearly show that there are blocks generated 7-13 days ago, i still can't explain it. Here is the first part of my bitmonero.log

http://pastebin.com/6WtgF26g

And yes, my date/time settings on my computer is perfectly accurate, you can see in above log (i live in GMT+7)

I also notice that there was blocks generated 12 days ago (in daemon) but the coin is launched on 18th which is 6 days ago ?
S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.

Or you could check the timestamp yourself instead of listening to some random guy on the internet who just registered today. There's a "help" command in the daemon and wallet, you know.

Brand new account. Why do I get the feeling this is a puppet? Cheesy
Ok, that is ok. Sorry, perhaps date on his computer is different(1 week ahead). But BMR had rushed launch

People always find problems with launch for any coin.  No coin launch pleases everyone.
Exact instructions so that this dies down.  Roll Eyes

print_block 1 in the daemon (not wallet) terminal.

It will give block_id, versions, and then timestamp, which should say 1397818193. You can convert this here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

As you can see: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:49:53 GMT
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

I also notice that there was blocks generated 12 days ago (in daemon) but the coin is launched on 18th which is 6 days ago ?
S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.

Or you could check the timestamp yourself instead of listening to some random guy on the internet who just registered today. There's a "help" command in the daemon and wallet, you know.

Ok, that is ok. Sorry, perhaps date on his computer is different(1 week ahead). But BMR had rushed launch

Very suspect that new account make that post.  People always try destroy coin for selfish reasons.  They have selfish motives likely for talking bad about the coin.

S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.

You wrong.  Coin launched 18th.  Original OP dev not want to change block time but willing to put for vote.  Why you try and spread false information?  You can mine any coin you choose.  Why is name so important?  More to a coin than name and fancy logo.  This coin is good and issues will be resolved with vote to make any changes.

Brand new account. Why do I get the feeling "kantriboy" is a puppet? Cheesy
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

S**t , I wasted my time on this coin. Dev mined for few days before releasing with 1 minute block time, and now he wants it to be 2 minutes block time, and call it a fair launch.  I'm waiting for more fair CN coin, with better name, which will not be changed every couple a days. Will try HoneyPenny. Going back to BCN, at least there is a pool, and not forks every day. Monero release was rushed. Let it die.
Yes, I see that sticking "close to BTC original curve" is the aim, and can make my own decision on whether or not which level of adhesion to that is desirable. I was wondering how to mathematically and graphically verify both claims . . and was looking for a way to measure.

For all I know right now, none of the emission comes close to anything BTC ever was . . so I've decided to construct a model of both emissions using my computer . . so that I may visually observe predicted emission%/time.

This is a very engaging discussion, you both make very valid points, and it's hard not to be torn in an instance like this. With TFT's claim that there was no mistake and yours that there is, I've no choice but to make graphs.

I posted a graph, but independent checks are good. For BaseReward, TFT did >>20 in BMR instead of the >>18 used in BCN (equivalent to division by 2^2), but then doubled the block time from 120s to 60s so the overall slowdown is 2^1. Unfortunately, that's 2^1 from a very fast emission schedule of BCN and nothing like BTC (as advertised in the OP). I'm surprised he's now denying this a bug. I don't mind hashrate-based vote, though, or an entirely different solution. However, an emission "close to BTC" should be implemented because that's what we all thought we were mining.

wait what? Shocked things started smelling bad ... how did you get that information ?

print_block in the daemon gives the timestamp of a block in Unix epoch time. I see block 1 being mined on 1397818193, which is April 18th 10:49:53 GMT exactly as advertised so I don't see how that's possible.
I've just downloaded Windows binaries and daemon is syncing. I have few technical questions:

- Where is the blockchain stored in my computer (Windows/Linux/OSX) ?
- Can i copy whole blockchain to another computer with another wallet so i don't have to download blockchain again ?
- About mining, can i mine MRO on another computer and point the rewards to a random address (using the command posted on OP) of my own without having that wallet on that mining computer ?

i just put all my computers mining in 1 address. I will let you know if everything goes fine. I used

start_mining [wallet address] [threads]    on bitmonerod

wait what? Shocked things started smelling bad ... how did you get that information ?

In the bitmonerod.log file:

Code:
Sync data returned unknown top block: 1->9473[9472 blocks(13 days) behind]

I guess Bitmonero was actually online 1 week before the 'official release'.
I've just downloaded Windows binaries and daemon is syncing. I have few technical questions:

- Can i copy whole blockchain to another computer with another wallet so i don't have to download blockchain again ?
- About mining, can i mine MRO on another computer and point the rewards to a random address (using the command posted on OP) of my own without having that wallet on that mining computer ?

i just put all my computers mining in 1 address. I will let you know if everything goes fine. I used

start_mining [wallet address] [threads]    on bitmonerod

start_mining [wallet address] [threads]    on bitmonerod

That is correct way mine to one address.  Good luck Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: