Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MSK]MaskNetwork - the decentralized social network that pay users to post - page 6. (Read 15976 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
io.ezystayz.com
A few questions to ask:

a) Have you published your test data with the testers. How many testers did it? Have you rewarded them?
b) What is the progress of pre-sale?
c) What is the status of the real net release and further information?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Ok, whats the status of this project. Have the bought coins be released? Is the developer still around? Its been a ghost town in here for weeks.

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Looks like it almost Launch date.  How are things going? 
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
MaskNetwork lead developer
where can we sell mask coins? I see in site there are only buying option available. not selling option.
how to trade them.?

There is no exchange. This is a presale. After the main net will be launched (next month) you will be able to buy / sell Maskcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
still waiting for an answer , you accept new coins to your exchange ,there is a
 github ?

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
where can we sell mask coins? I see in site there are only buying option available. not selling option.
how to trade them.?

- Decentralized online trading - Achieved on Mars, 7, 2016

If you already have traders on Mars, I'm going all in with this project  Shocked

Not yet, but who knows....Smiley)
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Offer escrow, receive negative trust

- Decentralized online trading - Achieved on Mars, 7, 2016

If you already have traders on Mars, I'm going all in with this project  Shocked
legendary
How many total coins will there be to be mined?

Rules :

- There are a total of 100.000.000 coins
- The "premine" is 1% (1.000.000 coins )
- No more than 1.000.000 are distributed every year
- 500.000 coins / year are distributed by interest (starts at 50% / year and decreases every day)
- 500.000 coins / year are going to miners (a minute block time, 1 MSK / block reward). It's fixed.

The short answer is 500.000 coins / year or 1440 coins / day. But, as i have already mentioned, miners will also need coins in order to mine or they are going to mine on a very high difficulty.

Ok. I guess my question then is since it looks like out of the 1 million pre mined coins, not all of them are going to be sold, will the rest have a chance to be mined the first year and/or be given as interest? If not, what happens to them?

And technically there are 525,600 minutes in a year.

Rules :

- There are a total of 100.000.000 coins
- The "premine" is 1% (1.000.000 coins )
- No more than 1.000.000 are distributed every year
- 500.000 coins / year are distributed by interest (starts at 50% / year and decreases every day)
- 500.000 coins / year are going to miners (a minute block time, 1 MSK / block reward). It's fixed.

The short answer is 500.000 coins / year or 1440 coins / day. But, as i have already mentioned, miners will also need coins in order to mine or they are going to mine on a very high difficulty.
Activity: 750
Merit: 511
What do you want to do with money from presale?

I check the wallet: is very very raw.
Many link is not working (nothing happened or 404 - as example some links from bottom bar).
Escrowers section has same text as Binary Options.
Goods section has "This sections will be launched in January,2016".
Digital good has "This sections will be launched in April,2016" and then tabs were gone.
Services has same story.
Addresses list in the Explorer is empty.
Trade -> Data Feeds, Details, links from Bets, Assets and Markets are same and go to "My Feeds" section.
When you click Transactions in the bottom bar Tweets sections has higlighted.
And I can't find the way to go to Transactions from top bar.
Good luck in any case, I rember you from 2014 launch and your desktop wallet.
Small update :

Smart contracts - this was a feature that was scheduled to be launched in May. We think smart contracts are a handy tool especially if they run inside an "operating system" like MaskNetwork, but many others think they are a big deal and will change everything so we have speed up the smart contracts development and now we have a clear date for the POC 1, on April 5.  

Smart contracts are written using MaskNetwork Script Language (MSL) which is a turing complete low level language. Smart contracts will run on the mainchain inside MVM (MaskNetwork Virtual Machine) and because they run on top of an "operating system", they have some really nice fetures compared to Ethereum. A MaskNetwork smart contract can send messages, post tweets, post adertising messages, launch trades or binary options, transfer assets of market pegged assets  and many other cool things, impossible over Ethereum or Lisk

They can be used to build 100% autonomus decentralized corporations that self promote, trade and interact.

Mining Algorithm - As you already know 50% of new coins will be distributed by interest and half to miners. We have studied many other mining algorithms and we decided to use a new algorithm derived from X11. We call it Polymorphic X34 (PX34). Unlike X11 that uses 11 hash functions, PX34 uses 34 hash functions and the order of hashing functions change after each block (depending on the last block hash).

Basically the mining algorithm changes after each block, making it 100% ASIC resistant because the most efficient way to run an algorithm that is always changing is to use a computer microprocessor.  

How can we mine this coin, is there any detailed guide?

All wallets will start to mine using available addresses. We don't have yet a step by step guide. Because the algorithm is new and it changes after each block, CPU mining is the only form of mining that will be available at launch time.

In MaskNetwork mining is a bit different than other cryptocoins because you don't need only hashing power but coins also. Even if it's a POW algorithm the difficulty changes depending on the mining address balance. Those are the basic mining rules :

- One address can mine only once every 1000 blocks (the network has 1 block / minute)

- After mining a block you can't spend funds from that address for 1000 blocks.

- Mining difficulty changes depending on the address balance. An address holding 1000 MSK will mine on a difficulty 10 times lower than an address holding 100 MSK.

Without stakeholders or a lot of coins, the biggest mining operation in China will be useless even if they have tons of hashing power. Over MaskNetwork, mining power is a balance between hashing power and the stake you hold.

@masknetwork

Is there an explanation how the decentralized system works.

You dont have any server running or do you?

Thanks

There are 6 web nodes up and running (check www.masknetwork.com).

What do you mean by "decentralized system" ? Mining algoritm, hashing, consensus,... ?

There are many aspects.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
Small update :

Smart contracts - this was a feature that was scheduled to be launched in May. We think smart contracts are a handy tool especially if they run inside an "operating system" like MaskNetwork, but many others think they are a big deal and will change everything so we have speed up the smart contracts development and now we have a clear date for the POC 1, on April 5.  

Smart contracts are written using MaskNetwork Script Language (MSL) which is a turing complete low level language. Smart contracts will run on the mainchain inside MVM (MaskNetwork Virtual Machine) and because they run on top of an "operating system", they have some really nice fetures compared to Ethereum. A MaskNetwork smart contract can send messages, post tweets, post adertising messages, launch trades or binary options, transfer assets of market pegged assets  and many other cool things, impossible over Ethereum or Lisk

They can be used to build 100% autonomus decentralized corporations that self promote, trade and interact.

Mining Algorithm - As you already know 50% of new coins will be distributed by interest and half to miners. We have studied many other mining algorithms and we decided to use a new algorithm derived from X11. We call it Polymorphic X34 (PX34). Unlike X11 that uses 11 hash functions, PX34 uses 34 hash functions and the order of hashing functions change after each block (depending on the last block hash).

Basically the mining algorithm changes after each block, making it 100% ASIC resistant because the most efficient way to run an algorithm that is always changing is to use a computer microprocessor.  

All wallets will start to mine using available addresses. We don't have yet a step by step guide. Because the algorithm is new and it changes after each block, CPU mining is the only form of mining that will be available at launch time.

In MaskNetwork mining is a bit different than other cryptocoins because you don't need only hashing power but coins also. Even if it's a POW algorithm the difficulty changes depending on the mining address balance. Those are the basic mining rules :

- One address can mine only once every 1000 blocks (the network has 1 block / minute)

- Mining difficulty changes depending on the address balance. An address holding 1000 MSK will mine on a difficulty 10 times lower than an address holding 100 MSK.

Without stakeholders or a lot of coins, the biggest mining operation in China will be useless even if they have tons of hashing power. Over MaskNetwork, mining power is a balance between hashing power and the stake you hold.

@masknetwork

Is there an explanation how the decentralized system works.

You dont have any server running or do you?

Thanks

Small update :

Activity: 2110
Merit: 502
I still would like to see it go to a good future, just wish it had a roadmap, at least I can be a part of this thread, cheers
As we have promised, smart contracts are up and running. We have introduced a new section called Applications. It has 4 sub sections

New Sections :
----------------------------------------------------
- Applications Directory : in order for your application to be visible, you need to publish it to app directory. This section is different from App Store section.

- Applications Store : here are listed applications for rent. As you already know, everything on MaskNetwork is rented. Everything expire after a while so applications can't be bought, only rented. 

- My applications : Here are displayed your installed applications.

- Write Application : Using this section you will be able to write dapps. It comes with an online compiler.

About MaskNetwork Scripting Language (MSL)
----------------------------------------------------------
MSL is a low level turing complete scripting language, that allows you to write decentralized applications that will run inside the network. There is nothing to download. The wallet comes with an integrated compiler (Main Menu >  Applications > Write Applications). It also comes with one click installer that broadcast and install your app to the network. All applications are run on the main chain inside MaskNetwork Virtual Machine (MVM).

Application creation workflow :
---------------------------------------------------------- 
- You login into your account on one of wallets and write an app.

- After compiling, if there are no syntax errors, you are ready to install the app to network. Until then the code is saved on your wallet but it will not run.

- In order for your app to run it has to be installed. It's a one click process. Just go to Write Applications section and choose "Deploy to Network". It costs 0.0001 MSk / day.

- After your app is accepted by the network, you can start use it. Depending on your code the application will wake up after it receives a transaction, a message or at specified intervals. It can run for example every 5 blocks.

- From this point, you have multiple options :
a. Publish your application to directory for other to use it. It's a form of advertising.
b. Publish your application to market and rent it for a price.
c. Seal it : a seal application can't be modified by owner. It becomes 100% autonomus and it will run until it run out of funds. This is an essential feature.
d. Froze it : a frozen application i stii installed on the network but it's "inactive". It will not run.
e. Unistall application:  if the application is not sealed, you can uninstall it (the nodes will delete your app drom db).

This is sample application that will wake up after it receives a transaction and will send a message back. It will also post a tweet : http://maskwallet.com/pages/app/directory/app.php?ID=4049758653

We will come back with details in the following days. This is a complex and inportant section. We will upload next week the full MSL language reference.

legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.
Small update :

Smart contracts are written using MaskNetwork Script Language (MSL) which is a turing complete low level language. Smart contracts will run on the mainchain inside MVM (MaskNetwork Virtual Machine) and because they run on top of an "operating system", they have some really nice fetures compared to Ethereum. A MaskNetwork smart contract can send messages, post tweets, post adertising messages, launch trades or binary options, transfer assets of market pegged assets  and many other cool things, impossible over Ethereum or Lisk

Small update :

Smart contracts are written using MaskNetwork Script Language (MSL) which is a turing complete low level language. Smart contracts will run on the mainchain inside MVM (MaskNetwork Virtual Machine) and because they run on top of an "operating system", they have some really nice fetures compared to Ethereum. A MaskNetwork smart contract can send messages, post tweets, post adertising messages, launch trades or binary options, transfer assets of market pegged assets  and many other cool things, impossible over Ethereum or Lisk

A silk road with a coin.

On an unsecured, public website and zero commmunity. Seems legit.

I remember seeing the ICO price.

I was like, seriously? They expect people to pay that much?

I see 500 coins have been sold.

The website claims the market will be live on "Mars 20th"

A silk road with a coin - It's not hard to see that MaskNetowrk is much more than "a silk road with a coin". The "silk road" section is not even online.

On an unsecured, public website and zero commmunity. Seems legit.  - There is no website. There are 7-8 webnodes and 10-20 desktop nodes operating on the testnet. It's a decentralized network in primary testing phase. We have no intention to advertise or start creating  a community around an alpha WIP (work in progress) software. Never !!!

I see 500 coins have been sold. - 40.500 coins were sold. It's not much compared to other ICO's but we are well funded and the ICO doesn't really matter for the project's future.

The website claims the market will be live on "Mars 20th" - We have a clear roadmap and it's public.

We are receiving messages every day , asking us to promote MaskNetwork and starting the official forums / blogs. The reason we have delayed this phase is simple. The most important sections (ecommerce and smart contracts) are not yet live. They will be live in April.  

Those two sections are build on top of already implemented features and without them the project is only half functional. The forum and the first stage of advertising campaign will start at the end of april.

We have made the mistake in the past to advertise incomplete / unstable products and we are not going to do it again.

Pages:
Jump to: