Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MSK]MaskNetwork - the decentralized social network that pay users to post - page 9. (Read 16020 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
There was no IPO. We started an exchange. Investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. All investment have been returned. We have announced then that we will need to redesign everything and it will take some time to come back with a viable solution. And we came back...Smiley

Do you have proof of the public adress refunded ? Indeed no information regarding any returned investment are available in your original copy/pasta from 2014...
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641891.220

thank you for information

I agree. I think this is very important for the validity and trust in this community for this project going forward.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
MaskNetwork lead developer
I tried and found the Advertise function does NOT work.

Solved. Try again.
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
haha are you deleting posts now ? get an Escrow you scamming cunt
https://twitter.com/ThisIsNuse/status/671921041028063232

Just tryed to send coins between two adress in format " ...xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx... " (position of / may change).
only answer I've got so far : "invalid recipient" tryed with several different adress, always the same result :/

Regarding the scam information tweeted by fatcat, indeed this thread is an old repost from 2014... I'ld like to learn more about it.

An address looks like this :

ME4wEAYHKoZIzj0CAQYFK4EEACEDOgAEXmBuVoQ1FgMYQfBYKBCMPCBBPIXNNGNiEz2RwdsGM3g/EWke4d5cWzOiAejcn7Q/xwKwil1OBkM=

Press the QR button next to an address to see the whole address and then try to send again.

Regarding the "scam info" :

In 2014 we have launched a preview for a descktop client. After the initial tests / suggestions we have quickly understand that there is not going to be any adoption if regular joe will have to download a piece of software in order to paly with MaskCoins. Nobody will download and install anything just to browse a marketplace. Ebay is more than ok for them. Force a user to download something = no adoption

So we have return to the drawing board. We have rewritten a lot of code. We have redesigned a lot of sections and now we have the first real 100% web-base p2p decentralized cryptocoin and much more.

I can't believe that's a thing. "Easy" it is not. While I don't love the fact that everybody uses basically the same software, if you're going to have DIFFERENT wallet software, it actually needs to have UI and step it up. I see this with my online store where people have to download the client to get test orders (I guess because they think it's not real, that they won't actually get things for their crypto). It's still early days in this game, and that can be frustrating, I suppose. Well if people keep having that thought of it can be any client up the noone is going to join the marketplace and that cant turn out good.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I tried and found the Advertise function does NOT work.
Activity: 24
There was no IPO. We started an exchange. Investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. All investment have been returned. We have announced then that we will need to redesign everything and it will take some time to come back with a viable solution. And we came back...Smiley

Do you have proof of the public adress refunded ? Indeed no information regarding any returned investment are available in your original copy/pasta from 2014...
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641891.220

thank you for information

Just tryed to send coins between two adress in format " ...xxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxxx... " (position of / may change).
only answer I've got so far : "invalid recipient" tryed with several different adress, always the same result :/

Regarding the scam information tweeted by fatcat, indeed this thread is an old repost from 2014... I'ld like to learn more about it.

ME4wEAYHKoZIzj0CAQYFK4EEACEDOgAEXmBuVoQ1FgMYQfBYKBCMPCBBPIXNNGNiEz2RwdsGM3g/EWke4d5cWzOiAejcn7Q/xwKwil1OBkM=

Press the QR button next to an address to see the whole address and then try to send again.

In 2014 we have launched a preview for a descktop client. After the initial tests / suggestions we have quickly understand that there is not going to be any adoption if regular joe will have to download a piece of software in order to paly with MaskCoins. Nobody will download and install anything just to browse a marketplace. Ebay is more than ok for them. Force a user to download something = no adoption

So we have return to the drawing board. We have rewritten a lot of code. We have redesigned a lot of sections and now we have the first real 100% web-base p2p decentralized cryptocoin and much more.

What happened to the IPO coin that was bought at that launch? Looking back at post, it appears at least a few people invested. Did their investment get returned to them?

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

What happened to the IPO coin that was bought at that launch? Looking back at post, it appears at least a few people invested. Did their investment get returned to them?

Couldn't node operators steal users private keys?

This probably a scam, i remember a presale for the same network a while ago.

Of course they can. And in many cases they will, if users don't protect their addresses. This is why we have implemented a lot of double factor authentication methods :

Frozen Addresses - You can freeze an address for a period. From a frozen address one cannot spend funds.

Restricted Recipients - By activating this option you will be able to send funds from the address only to a group of up to five other addresses. If an attacker takes control of the address, he/she can only send funds to a specified group of addresses.

Multisignatures - A multi-signature address is an address that is associated with more than one private key. Spending funds from a multisig address requires signatures from up to 5 other addresses.

One Time Passwords - A one-time password (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one transaction, on a computer system or other digital device. Spending funds from an OTP address requires an unique password.

For example, you have a wallet with hiddenwallet.org and you want your coins safe. You follow the steps :

- You open an account to maskplace.net
- Attach your main address on  hiddenwallet a security option like Restricted Recipients pointing to your maskplace address.

An that's it. Even if the owner of hiddenwallet web node OWNS your private keys he / she will be able to send funds only to your address at maskplace.

And of course you could attach the same security option to your maskplace address to point to even another address on another wallet and so on...

It's trivial for a user to setup a really complex security scheme for his / her addresses.

Activity: 24

Activity: 994
Merit: 260
Website is very good but, maskwallet is even better.
Concept very good.
I agree with you colleague Smiley Really interesting concept.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Couldn't node operators steal users private keys?

This probably a scam, i remember a presale for the same network a while ago.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Cloned the web interface into my development box. I can at least try to design my own Tongue

I never did much Java stuff ... php and mysql are more my thing, so I will be interested to see how it all works in that environ.
Activity: 392
TimSweat
Will be looking more into this over the weekend when my work week is over. Website looks really good though so far as I can tell. Good job so far.
Some friend of mine told me about this new project. I checked the site and web wallets. Looks good but i have lots of questions before investing. Lots of questions. Too many scams pop every day :

1. Is this new software ? It looks like new software but better asking. Java based ?

2. I have 2 addresses on 2 web wallets. I have sent a message from address A to address B. On help says the message is encrypted. How does address B knows the encryption key ? I have never used address B. The key is included in the message ?

3. When you send a transaction with a message, is the message encrypted ?

4. I want to post some ads. I want my ads to be displayed first ? How can i do that. I have to pay more ? The ads will appear on all web wallets ?

1. It's 100% new software. The web interface is written in PHP. The java web kernel is....java Smiley The web interface and the java kernel communicate each other through mysql. But Oracle or other relational databases can be also used. Java kernel is permanently connected to the p2p network and writes all changes to mysql. The web interface reads the data directly from db.

Usually, you have a node that can be accessed through a JSON interface (bitcoin case) but i think this method of is not flexible enough. For example, in MaskNetwork case, you can have the web interface on one server, the mysql db on another server and the java kernel hosted on another server. An attacker that gets access to the web node which is the first line of defence, will find no private keys. He / she will not even know where the java kernel is hosted because the web node connects to the db server.

You can also have multiple web nodes connected to a single db communicating with multiple java kernels, for redundancy.

2. A MaskNetwork address is an ECC public key. It's basically the base64 encoded form of the raw public key bytes. When someone gives you an address, you can send encrypted messages right away. So, the messages you send, are encrypted using address B public key and only address B can decrypt them, even if address B has never been used before.  This is why a MSK address is so long and "ugly". Fortunately you can rent an address name in 2 clicks... 

3. The message is encrypted. Same rules apply.

4. The ads will be visible on all wallets after they are included in a block. The ads are displayed based on how much you pay (market bid field on new ad dialog).

Interesting idea ... but the java is a turn off. And mysql is your solution to leveldb? (-__-)

The desktop node will use leveldb but for a web node, mysql was the obvious choice. Mysql is the most powerful / scalable / popular database server right now.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Some friend of mine told me about this new project. I checked the site and web wallets. Looks good but i have lots of questions before investing. Lots of questions. Too many scams pop every day :

1. Is this new software ? It looks like new software but better asking. Java based ?

2. I have 2 addresses on 2 web wallets. I have sent a message from address A to address B. On help says the message is encrypted. How does address B knows the encryption key ? I have never used address B. The key is included in the message ?

4. I want to post some ads. I want my ads to be displayed first ? How can i do that. I have to pay more ? The ads will appear on all web wallets ?

1. It's 100% new software. The web interface is written in PHP. The java web kernel is....java Smiley The web interface and the java kernel communicate each other through mysql. But Oracle or other relational databases can be also used. Java kernel is permanently connected to the p2p network and writes all changes to mysql. The web interface reads the data directly from db.

Usually, you have a node that can be accessed through a JSON interface (bitcoin case) but i think this method of is not flexible enough. For example, in MaskNetwork case, you can have the web interface on one server, the mysql db on another server and the java kernel hosted on another server. An attacker that gets access to the web node which is the first line of defence, will find no private keys. He / she will not even know where the java kernel is hosted because the web node connects to the db server.

You can also have multiple web nodes connected to a single db communicating with multiple java kernels, for redundancy.

2. A MaskNetwork address is an ECC public key. It's basically the base64 encoded form of the raw public key bytes. When someone gives you an address, you can send encrypted messages right away. So, the messages you send, are encrypted using address B public key and only address B can decrypt them, even if address B has never been used before.  This is why a MSK address is so long and "ugly". Fortunately you can rent an address name in 2 clicks... 

4. The ads will be visible on all wallets after they are included in a block. The ads are displayed based on how much you pay (market bid field on new ad dialog).

Interesting idea ... but the java is a turn off. And mysql is your solution to leveldb? (-__-)
We have released a new version today.

100% changed web interface plus tons of bug fixes.

We will keep you updated.

Confusing with all those same websites!!  What is the purpose of these similar websites?

The web nodes are running the same software, so they look the same. But i'm sure those who will run web nodes, will change the design.
Activity: 294
???

And you registered only to post here? Grin
Pages:
Jump to: