Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MSK]MaskNetwork - the decentralized social network that pay users to post - page 8. (Read 16020 times)

Activity: 651
Merit: 518
Available For Sale 970,000 coins with Last Price $0.4 per MSK = Extremely overpriced, no thanks.
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
MaskNetwork lead developer
How do you keep mask coins secure?

There are 4 ways to protect your MSK or assets and nobody will be able to spend your coins even if you loose your private key :

- Restricted recipients (By activating this option you will be able to send funds from the address only to a group of up to five other addresses.)

- One Time Passwords (A one-time password (OTP) is a passwordthat is valid for only one transaction, on a computer system or other digital device. Spending funds from an OTP address requires an unique password.)

- Multisignatures (A multi-signature address is an address that is associated with more than one private key. Spending funds from a multisig address requires signatures from up to 5 other addresses.)

- Frozen addresses (You can freeze an address for a period. From a frozen address one cannot spend funds. )
Hi, can i ask what legal entity you operate under? And what do you plan to spend the money on that you raise from the sale of msk? 

Do you have a website with the names and faces of the development team?

We will spend the coins mainly for advertising because the development is 90% done.  We don't have yet a website listing developers but i'ts a good iddea to have one.
Activity: 364
Stand up , Stand up , Stand up !
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
http://jupitertheproducer.bandcamp.com
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
How do you keep mask coins secure?
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
Hi, can i ask what legal entity you operate under? And what do you plan to spend the money on that you raise from the sale of msk? 

Do you have a website with the names and faces of the development team?
How often will this thread be updated with updates?

We will update this thread every week.

Regarding the tiered structure of the coin price of the ICO - what if you wind up only selling a fraction of the million coins? What if you only sell 50k coins? The way the structure is, it'll be close to impossible to sell 1 million coins at escalating prices. I think this is why many are calling this a scam on its face, because it doesn't seem like pricing has been structured in a way that makes sense. Can you please elaborate on why you choose this type of pricing and what you will do about coins that aren't sold? Will those unsold coins be burnt? Or will you retain them - a lionshare of the coins for yourself?

Well, a week ago we were talking about the first web based cryptocoin project. Now we are talking about the first decentralized social network and in 2-3 weeks we will talk about the first decentralized p2p betting platform / binary options where you can write / buy options on real live assets like Microsoft shares, oil, gold and hundreds of other securities. It's hard to say what the price will be when the presale period ends and all the features are online.

Anyway, in case we don't sell all the coins, we will use the remaining as collateral to launch market-pegged assets or speculative markets. It's hard to explain the details because the market pegged assets section will go live in 2-3 weeks, but  those coins will be frozen for many years. This is important.

We will not be able to sell them. And we don't want to. Remember that half of new coins are distributed by interest and the interest rate in the first year will be over 50%. Who wants to sell ?? Smiley
We have just launched the first decentralized microblogging platform as part of MaskNetwork. It's the twitter with no central server / authority, 140 characters limit, cenzorship and so on...

To test it choose a web node and go to tweets.

How it works :
---------------------------------------------------------
1. An user post a tweet. He / she can attach up to 5 pics.

2. The "tweet" packet is broadcasted to all nodes.

3. Once included in a block the "tweet" will become visible on all web nodes.

Same rules apply for follow, unfollow, comments or like data packets.

Advantages :
----------------------------------
- No central server

- No central authority holding the personal data of hundreds of millions of users.

- No censorship (Web node operators can only "hide" content, but when 200-300 web nodes will be active completely censoring a post will become almost impossible, no matter the content.)

- As easy to use as the real twitter. There are no usability differences. Nothing to download. You can follow, unfollow, post comments or setup a profile for each address (Sample :  http://maskplace.net/pages/tweets/adr/index.php?adr=ME4wEAYHKoZIzj0CAQYFK4EEACEDOgAELY6%2FItayEz371H0LK5iAvlI076G1ZhVtQADv31yCYi%2F%2FBw2vh72ij%2B6xYDWvRivwkRZkWP2hML4%3D)

- No content restrictions but i'm sure node operators will "filter" really illegal posts.

So. It's official. The first decentralized social network is live. Stay tuned for some huge updates in the next 2 months.

We are not here to decentralize only the microblogging .....Wink

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Regarding the tiered structure of the coin price of the ICO - what if you wind up only selling a fraction of the million coins? What if you only sell 50k coins? The way the structure is, it'll be close to impossible to sell 1 million coins at escalating prices. I think this is why many are calling this a scam on its face, because it doesn't seem like pricing has been structured in a way that makes sense. Can you please elaborate on why you choose this type of pricing and what you will do about coins that aren't sold? Will those unsold coins be burnt? Or will you retain them - a lionshare of the coins for yourself?
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
Lets see how it works out.

Sent some for the pre-sale coins.   So far no email, been 6 hrs.  I will keep evevyone posted.

Send me a PM with your email / amount bought.
Activity: 51
Sent some for the pre-sale coins.   So far no email, been 6 hrs.  I will keep everyone posted.

Up date 01/05/2016

Have received address and keys for the pre-sale coins.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Are you aware of the project OpenBazzar, it seems you are doing the same thing.

Actually I had been following this project from the very beginning, but you guys disappeared last year without any update in the previous thread, it let me down very much, if you hope us invest in your project again, please reveal more information of your team.

1. In order to be able to sell on OpenBazaar, you will have to download a program and KEEP IT RUNNING. If the program is shot down, your store will go down also. In MaskNetwork you post an offer, the message traverse the network and once included in a block will be available 24 / 7 even if you die in a car crash. No server, no central point of failure. Set and forget. You will be notified on new orders.

2. Point 1 would not be such an issue for some sellers but the design says that the end user will also have to download a program to browse the market. And that is a real drawback. They will do it only if they can buy something that can't be bought over eBay or web. In MaskNetwork, the end user will only have to choose a web node, open an account and start browsing the market.

Point 2 is the reason we have redesign everything back in 2014. We did not "disappeared". We have started a new long working session...Smiley

OpenBazaar will work only if you can buy drugs or other illegal stuff using it. Otherwise, the chicken and egg effect will kick in. No buyers, no sellers willing to keep a program running  24 / 7. No illegal stuff, no buyers willing to download the client just to browse a market for things they can buy over eBay in 2-3 clicks.

I will not mention other MaskNetwork features like built in escrow system, multisigs and many other tools for merchants. And anyway, what you see online right now is the "foundation", the basic stuff. We have build the real cool stuff over this layer.

So, stay tuned...Smiley
Activity: 24

Well it seems OpenBazzar is not live for now and after going through their faq you will need to download the program.
MaskNetwork seems to be running and don't need any download, which is a big +
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
Angel investor.

Actually I had been following this project from the very beginning, but you guys disappeared last year without any update in the previous thread, it let me down very much, if you hope us invest in your project again, please reveal more information of your team.
Activity: 24
1. In May, 2014 we have started an MSK exchange and investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. BTC Deposits / withdrawals were automated.

Thank you for lighting your previous scheduling.
Will they be an MSK exchange again or there is only the IPO?
There was no IPO. We started an exchange. Investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. All investment have been returned. We have announced then that we will need to redesign everything and it will take some time to come back with a viable solution. And we came back...Smiley

Do you have proof of the public adress refunded ? Indeed no information regarding any returned investment are available in your original copy/pasta from 2014...
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641891.220

thank you for information

I agree. I think this is very important for the validity and trust in this community for this project going forward.

There was no "refund". Step by step :

1. In May, 2014 we have started an MSK exchange and investors could buy / sell MSK for Bitcoin. BTC Deposits / withdrawals were automated.

2. In July 2014 we have released the desktop client and i have quickly understood that regular users are reluctant to download anything unless they really need that piece of software.

3. In august 2014 we have announced the MSK owners that we will switch to a web based model and we need to redesign everything. Some 90% of investors sold their MSK for BTC and that's it. No "refunds".

4. In December 2015 we came back with what we have promised.

What would Bitcoin be without web wallets Huh Who will download the QT client,  wait a week for sync just to send some coins from left to right. A new coin has to be much easier to use than Bitcoin to have a chance to succeed (a small chance).

Bitshares, Ethereum, NXT....and 1000 other coins have 0 chances of adoption if they don't switch to a web based model.

Regular joe will not download anything. Period. 
Pages:
Jump to: