Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]New Crypto-Currency BAR!! BitBar consolidating your digital wealth - page 9. (Read 16883 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
interesting...

Diff is already at 2.22216071 on scypt. Could this coin be so hard to mine...it killed itself already with a high diff?

A high diff means it's popular, if it's not popular, difficulty wouldn't go up high.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Interesting.....
interesting...

Diff is already at 2.22216071 on scypt. Could this coin be so hard to mine...it killed itself already with a high diff?
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
had the opportinity to mine some in its early hours, however not able to get them anymore...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
What use is a crypto that can only be mined by the devs. No one's figured out how to mine it in a pool and seeing as it's being mined at high diffs leads me to believe either the devs had a pool setup before hand or there are some individuals with obscene rigs mining the tits out of it, or both. Either way mere mortals can't touch it so it's useless.
Activity: 210
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
I added a Poll to this thread so we can figure this out together. Bars VS. Coins . what is better?

8 votes Bars winning ya ya  Grin
I added a Poll to this thread so we can figure this out together. Bars VS. Coins . what is better?
I think what makes BitBar so great is the concept of "bars" its a lot cleaner then 10,000 coins worth 1BTC. Smaller is better . What attracts people to the huge reward coins is the same thing that makes the large rewards coins less valued . Its easy per say to get a bunch of high reward coins but i think most people will agree easy never equates to value. It should not be easy to mine a good cryto-currency
SunnyKing = most unappreciated dev on forum
PPCoin = most unappreciated altcoin

Shocked

oh don't get me wrong i am sitting on my limited PPC becasue i know they will do great . its just with my limited hardware i cannot seem to get enough PPC together .After my research PPC is starting to get me exited he he he he  just need to get more hardware
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
couldnt agree more, great crypto !
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010
Yes, exactly, the original PPCoin demonstrated that the difficulty was too low even way back then.

However much NoVaCoin increased it presumably also was not enough?

So by the time BitBar came out it should have been apparent that even more increase was needed...

-MarkM-

Nope, ppcoin started at difficulty 256, the first block took about 20 minutes to arrive after build was published. For a SHA-256 coin, it was reasonable at that time.

Novacoin started with a very low difficulty for scrypt coins, so you probably could generate early blocks very fast with even cpu. That's how Balthazar got > 110K coins. Technically Balthazar didn't 'premine' either, he told his compatriot about the release.

Bitbar started with very low difficulty too.

I would recommend developers who want to fork ppcoin, to pick a higher starting difficulty. Due to the way minting is designed in ppcoin, block subsidy would drop as difficulty increase, if you pick low starting difficulty, it would greatly amplify first day mintage and give the public an impression of heavy premining. For ppcoin, we started at a high difficulty of 256 and with 9 days of announcement, yet there are still people accusing us of premining to this day.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
SunnyKing = most unappreciated dev on forum
PPCoin = most unappreciated altcoin

Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010
i am sorry i am a newbie just excited about this currency didn't know your accomplishments thanks for your work

Oh no problem welcome to the world of cryptocurrency Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

Yes, exactly, the original PPCoin demonstrated that the difficulty was too low even way back then.

However much NoVaCoin increased it presumably also was not enough?

So by the time BitBar came out it should have been apparent that even more increase was needed...

-MarkM-
It's a trivial clone. It can be done on a weekend for a programmer familiar with forking bitcoin, maybe a few days more to get familiar with ppcoin. Most of your touted innovations were actually done by me, with ppcoin.

i am sorry i am a newbie just excited about this currency didn't know your accomplishments thanks for your work
Activity: 196
I can offer ultra rare small change coins Smiley reward 4 coins per block. the bitbar idea is yet to be understood Smiley
legendary
There was no pre-mine, I started mining it immediately after I saw the forum post, I have no connection with the coin beforehand. When I opened the qt client and started solo mining, it was on block 19 for god sakes. There was no pre-mine. Yes some high powered miners joined in, that's not pre-mine, if you had the hardware, you could do it too.

Anyone could've, it didn't need big hardware, they set the difficulty so insanely low even just one modern CPU (a few cores) could have spewed out blocks faster than the target time between blocks. One GPU could have spewed them out ridiculously fast.

It was a public pre-mine right in front of our eyes.

-MarkM-
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
BitBar really put the pieces together for me, a super high value/rare scrypt PoW+PoS coin with no pre-mine fiasco.

Except that the pre-mine was a fiasco! We watched it being pre-mined, some of us even particupated in the pre-mine!

-MarkM-

There was no pre-mine, I started mining it immediately after I saw the forum post, I have no connection with the coin beforehand. When I opened the qt client and started solo mining, it was on block 19 for god sakes. There was no pre-mine. Yes some high powered miners joined in, that's not pre-mine, if you had the hardware, you could do it too.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1114884

legendary
Latest posts in the bar's own thread seem to indicate too that maybe the pre-mining is now over, but, also that might be it, the actual mining isn't even goinf to get started, the chain is stuck already maybe...

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
BitBar really put the pieces together for me, a super high value/rare scrypt PoW+PoS coin with no pre-mine fiasco.

Except that the pre-mine was a fiasco! We watched it being pre-mined, some of us even particupated in the pre-mine!

-MarkM-

Pages:
Jump to: