Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NPT] Neptunium | Cryptonight PoW | Secure, Anonymous and Community-focused - page 34. (Read 48493 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
[wallet Np3AVm]: show_hr
Unknown command: show_hr

dev why help thanks
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Rewards for the block further

We use Cryptonote's block reward formula for slight block reward decrease after every block, rather than halving. Our basic block reward formula is "(Money Supply/e+Money Supply) - AlreadyGeneratedCoins" and we use an emission curve of e^3 (20.0855369232). If you've found more than one block mining, you can type "list_transfers" in simplewallet to see the small decrease.
Activity: 367
Merit: 250
I'm a miner not a minor.
I'm mining with a 2 core Ubuntu VM using VirtualBox on my MAC (say that 3 times fast) and I'm getting hashrate: 80.0526
Found 1 block just a minute ago. Not too shabby I guess Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Rewards for the block further
we need a pool

Yeah, we do. I'll try to get in contact with as many as I can. Keep in mind many regular pools don't support Cryptonight, so we'll need to look for those that support the algorithm.

i like minergate

I talked with Minergate on facebook and they said they were focusing on adding another coin and probably wouldn't do it. Maybe with enough demand we can get on Minergate, but I'll be contacting other pools as well.
What is the scheme of distribution of the coins in the blocks ?

Can you clarify what you mean?
Activity: 52
we need a pool

Yeah, we do. I'll try to get in contact with as many as I can. Keep in mind many regular pools don't support Cryptonight, so we'll need to look for those that support the algorithm.

i like minergate

I talked with Minergate on facebook and they said they were focusing on adding another coin and probably wouldn't do it. Maybe with enough demand we can get on Minergate, but I'll be contacting other pools as well.
What is the scheme of distribution of the coins in the blocks ?
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
how to disable show_hr switch ?

hide_hr Smiley You can find all commands by typing "help".
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
how to disable show_hr switch ?
we need a pool

i like minergate

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
we need a pool

i like minergate
And botnet owners Cheesy As soon it hits minergate, I'm out
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
we need a pool

i like minergate
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@Mansa_Godson
yeah mine is mining at 5 lol
pathetic, i give up now.  
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
we need a pool

I did pm you Smiley Thanks btw
legendary
mining @ 236h/s with 8 cores but yet no luck Sad
damn.
we need a pool

Everything is running smooth.

For those that get crashes, rename any old neptunium folders you might have in your roaming folder and run the daemon again.

I would say this was a smooth launch. Thanks dev for all the hard work in getting things going.  Wink

I'm happy to see everything working well! Not sure why some people were scared off the difficulty so quickly, Neptunium's block reward time is 93 seconds and a block is being found every 93 seconds.

I'm not sure what's causing the connection error messages, but they're not from the seed node's IP so it shouldn't have any real effect. The "WRONG NETWORK AGENT" messages are caused by people who are still running the daemon on the testnet. They will eventually disappear, and the future testnet will have different ports to prevent this.

Because i dont  think many people feel like they have any chance against the big people mining, like i have 53 hashrate only, i dont see it anywhere near getting a block

Many other coins take hours to find a block, but are still viable for solo mining. Even if you had 10 hashrate, at the current difficulty, you'd probably find a few blocks leaving it on for a day. The probability for finding a block approaches viable values for every hash rate after a certain amount of time. 50 hashrate may be lower than the average, but you're still perfectly capable of finding blocks.

Yeah, i will leave it running for a day, i would have Digital ocean credit, but i cannot get the wallet working, im kind of noob with unix systems still and i keep getting "./neptuniumd: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

when trying to run

This is going to be a bit tricky to fix if you're not familiar with using Linux. Neptunium and Cryptonote require Boost 1.5.5 or higher, and most Linux repositories have older versions. You need to build Boost 1.5.5 yourself. There's some tutorials online:
http://thoaimedia.com/install-boost-1-55-0-version-on-centos/
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html

PM me for any help.
Activity: 18
Lets share your hash rate and make the thread more alive. My hashrate is 247 with 7 core

Mining at 100 with 7 cores on my Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz. Seems pretty low, but I'm running a lot of other programs. What's your CPU?

I did just find 2 blocks at once.. http://i.imgur.com/FUGbBsI.png?1

I think you can get the same hashrate with 2 or 4 threads. Consumption will be lower as well.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
11:49:20.717213 INFO
11:49:20.717213 INFO ***********************************************************
11:49:20.717213 INFO The daemon will start synchronizing with the network. It ma
y take up to several hours.
11:49:20.717213 INFO You can set the level of process detailization* through "se
t_log " command*, where is between 0 (no details) and 4 (very ver
bose).
11:49:20.717213 INFO Use "help" command to see the list of available commands.
11:49:20.717213 INFO Note: in case you need to interrupt the process, use "exit"
 command. Otherwise, the current progress won't be saved.
11:49:20.717213 INFO ***********************************************************
Pages:
Jump to: