Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][NPT] Neptunium | Cryptonight PoW | Secure, Anonymous and Community-focused - page 35. (Read 48493 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Lets share your hash rate and make the thread more alive. My hashrate is 247 with 7 core

Mining at 100 with 7 cores on my Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz. Seems pretty low, but I'm running a lot of other programs. What's your CPU?

I did just find 2 blocks at once..
I made a mistake. It is 207 with 7 core. I have AMD FX 8350. I also have mined 2 blocks so far

That's a really good hashrate for that processor, I guess AMD is better at mining. I got really lucky haha.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Everything is running smooth.

For those that get crashes, rename any old neptunium folders you might have in your roaming folder and run the daemon again.

I would say this was a smooth launch. Thanks dev for all the hard work in getting things going.  Wink

I'm happy to see everything working well! Not sure why some people were scared off the difficulty so quickly, Neptunium's block reward time is 93 seconds and a block is being found every 93 seconds.

I'm not sure what's causing the connection error messages, but they're not from the seed node's IP so it shouldn't have any real effect. The "WRONG NETWORK AGENT" messages are caused by people who are still running the daemon on the testnet. They will eventually disappear, and the future testnet will have different ports to prevent this.

Because i dont  think many people feel like they have any chance against the big people mining, like i have 53 hashrate only, i dont see it anywhere near getting a block

Many other coins take hours to find a block, but are still viable for solo mining. Even if you had 10 hashrate, at the current difficulty, you'd probably find a few blocks leaving it on for a day. The probability for finding a block approaches viable values for every hash rate after a certain amount of time. 50 hashrate may be lower than the average, but you're still perfectly capable of finding blocks.

Yeah, i will leave it running for a day, i would have Digital ocean credit, but i cannot get the wallet working, im kind of noob with unix systems still and i keep getting "./neptuniumd: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_system.so.1.55.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

when trying to run
All i keep getting is

03:25:55.202346 WARNING [71.184.93.205:4460 OUT] Exception in connectionHandler: TcpConnection::read, WSAGetOverlappedResult failed, result=10054, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

03:30:39.565832 WARNING [23.248.7.61:4460 OUT] Exception in connectionHandler: TcpConnection::read, WSAGetOverlappedResult failed, result=10054, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

03:31:57.195331 WARNING [80.2.75.167:4460 OUT] Exception in connectionHandler: TcpConnection::read, WSAGetOverlappedResult failed, result=10054, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

03:36:48.818371 WARNING Connection error: The stream is ended
03:36:49.819273 WARNING Connection error: The stream is ended  Huh

That error means you can't connect to a seed node. Make sure you're not running the GUI wallet and the CLI daemon at once. Also make sure you let the daemon through Windows firewall. Something is blocking you from connecting to the seed nodes.

For those that get crashes, rename any old neptunium folders you might have in your roaming folder and run the daemon again.

I would say this was a smooth launch. Thanks dev for all the hard work in getting things going.  Wink

I'm happy to see everything working well! Not sure why some people were scared off the difficulty so quickly, Neptunium's block reward time is 93 seconds and a block is being found every 93 seconds.

I'm not sure what's causing the connection error messages, but they're not from the seed node's IP so it shouldn't have any real effect. The "WRONG NETWORK AGENT" messages are caused by people who are still running the daemon on the testnet. They will eventually disappear, and the future testnet will have different ports to prevent this.

Because i dont  think many people feel like they have any chance against the big people mining, like i have 53 hashrate only, i dont see it anywhere near getting a block

Many other coins take hours to find a block, but are still viable for solo mining. Even if you had 10 hashrate, at the current difficulty, you'd probably find a few blocks leaving it on for a day. The probability for finding a block approaches viable values for every hash rate after a certain amount of time. 50 hashrate may be lower than the average, but you're still perfectly capable of finding blocks.
Activity: 349
Merit: 251
All i keep getting is

03:25:55.202346 WARNING [71.184.93.205:4460 OUT] Exception in connectionHandler: TcpConnection::read, WSAGetOverlappedResult failed, result=10054, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

03:30:39.565832 WARNING [23.248.7.61:4460 OUT] Exception in connectionHandler: TcpConnection::read, WSAGetOverlappedResult failed, result=10054, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

03:31:57.195331 WARNING [80.2.75.167:4460 OUT] Exception in connectionHandler: TcpConnection::read, WSAGetOverlappedResult failed, result=10054, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

03:36:48.818371 WARNING Connection error: The stream is ended
03:36:49.819273 WARNING Connection error: The stream is ended  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
Lets share your hash rate and make the thread more alive. My hashrate is 247 with 7 core

Mining at 100 with 7 cores on my Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz. Seems pretty low, but I'm running a lot of other programs. What's your CPU?

I made a mistake. It is 207 with 7 core. I have AMD FX 8350. I also have mined 2 blocks so far
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1007
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)

Activity: 840
Merit: 508
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

I would say this was a smooth launch. Thanks dev for all the hard work in getting things going.  Wink

legendary
Lets share your hash rate and make the thread more alive. My hashrate is 207 with 7 core .
I wrote show_hr and it is showing ... now how do i stop the command , not to show the hashrate ?

It says mining has started with 8 threads, Good luck !!! How do i know that I am mining !!! I see no more thing in the window

It doesn't say anything until you find a block, but if you want to be sure type "show_hr" in the daemon and it will constantly print the hashrate you're mining at.
legendary
It says mining has started with 8 threads, Good luck !!! How do i know that I am mining !!! I see no more thing in the window
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I found two blocks so can confirm the cli wallet is mining.

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
Ok, all my machines have found blocks now. So I can confirm everything works for now
how to cpu mine?

download the CLI wallet.

Start the daemon executable and wait for it to sync up.

Start simplewallet and create a wallet.

In simplewallet type start_mining 4 (for 4 cores)

Wait..

what do you mean by Start the daemon executable and wait for it to sync up ??

We've just released so that will take seconds. Start neptuniumd and then simplewallet. In simplewallet type "start_mining x" (x is cpu cores) and you'll be mining.
legendary
how to cpu mine?

download the CLI wallet.

Start the daemon executable and wait for it to sync up.

Start simplewallet and create a wallet.

In simplewallet type start_mining 4 (for 4 cores)

Wait..

what do you mean by Start the daemon executable and wait for it to sync up ??
current difficulty: 35749
 Huh

Wait wut, where did you see that? :O

Daemon.
Testnet was good. Mined some blocks. Now I can't mine any and daemon stucks.

72k difficulty, yeah im out too

There's a TON of people mining. Type print_cn in your daemon. That's why the difficulty is so high. A block is being found every 93 seconds as intended, if you type bc _height.
Pages:
Jump to: